• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures (Namco, 360/PS3/WiiU/3DS) announced

Roto13

Why does Pac-Man have legs and arms?

eickrAM.jpg

Zia

Meanwhile, a dust-covered Pac-Man Battle Royale machine stuffed in the corner of an empty, Nebraskan Dave & Busters sheds a single tear, a scuffed weeping statue smeared with pizza grease.

pac man world 1 was amazing. i had the pc version and i played it for hours
i think it was world 1. it had cutscenes after each world

that design of pac man will be in smash wii u. calling it now

JaxJag

Banned
This game feels like video games that just don't get made anymore. The generic platformer, we saw a ton of those during the 32/64 bit era, up into the PS2/Xbox generation.

Seems odd.

Paskil

There should be some type of franchise/character protection for the most iconic of the iconic. It should be an independent review board that must approve something like this while it is still in preproduction, much like you have to get any construction approved on a historical site even if you own the building.

This is just shameful and is dragging the good memories we have of the PacMan legacy through the mud and shit.

There should be some type of franchise/character protection for the most iconic of the iconic. It should be an independent review board that must approve something like this while it is still in preproduction, much like you have to get any construction approved on a historical site even if you own the building.

This is just shameful and is dragging the good memories we have of the PacMan legacy through the mud and shit.

Just give Pac-Man and Sonic to Nintendo already.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Lol this look terrible in an awesome way. Definitely glad to see my old pal Pac-Man return though! Let's hope he will also be in SMASH!

All we need now is a Pacman cartoon reboot, or a blu-ray release of that amazing classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3n22GQMgcU

This is based on the new cartoon.

REALLY hyped, DAYS ago I was thinking about a new Pac-Man game, I knew one would be announced soon because of that facebook poll, but surprised that this isn't based on that, unless the 3DS version is.

Also, they need to make Pac-&-Roll 3D for 3DS, hell I'd take a 3D version of the Remix version in Namco Museum Remix/Megamix.

But they should make it a new one with the graphics and style of either Pac-Man Party, or the more trippy Pac-Man Tilt in Dimensions for 3DS.

I was really sad we never got Pac-Man World 4 for Wii (Party should've been this, YASUHARA worked on that!), but better late than never. Also shocked we didn't get Pac-Man World Rally 2 on Wii by Smartbomb around MKWii's release, could've done super well.

Party came out too late, seemed like party games were waning around 2010, now 2008-2009? That could've been perfect for it.

El Sincejas

Neo Member
I loved the Pac-Man World Series, it's funny how the 3D platformer genre is dying because "grown-ups" think that they have... well grown up.

I personally love the genre, all the colors, the fun and everything that makes it so... Happy.

You guys should give it a chance, at least Namco is trying something to not let die the genre.

Ridley327

I loved the Pac-Man World Series, it's funny how the 3D platformer genre is dying because "grown-ups" think that they have... well grown up.

I personally love the genre, all the colors, the fun and everything that makes it so... Happy.

You guys should give it a chance, at least Namco is trying something to not let die the genre.

And that something is reminding everyone why the genre largely died out in the first place!

Foshy

Looks like complete and utter trash. Compare the trailer to Mario 3D Land, Sly 4, Tearaway or any other recent 3D platformer and it looks incredibly bland. Hell, even Epic Mickey looks better.

I cannot even begin to imagine why Vita owners would even want this; isn't getting Epic Mickey 2 bad enough already?

I'm usually not the one to say "Yay, thanks *publisher* for sparing my precious *console* from your shitty game" but I seriously couldn't care less about this not coming to Vita.

I feel like this press release already has more story in it than the entire Pac-Man franchise should have in its entirety.

This reminds me: we never got a Pac-Man CE equivalent for Dig Dug's 30th anniversary last year and we're probably not getting a Mappy CE for this year. Damn it Namco.

So they did that survey, and everybody said that they liked B or D, with some really liking C. Nobody liked A. So which did they use for this?

I am not sure that Namco understand the concept of surveys.

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
Weird creepy eyed Pac-Man is worst Pac-Man. Look at that pupil, its like each eye is sprouting a sharp tooth.

AniHawk

not gonna lie. i know it's going to be shit, but i have a mild interest because there just aren't enough 3d platformers these days.

Top Bottom