• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures (Namco, 360/PS3/WiiU/3DS) announced

Yuterald

Whoa, is this supposed to be a Pac-Man World 4 of some sorts? Is this being developed by Namco of Japan? You know, as questionable as this looks, I'm ALL over this when it comes out. I've been waiting for a C-tier Japanese platformer. Come on, Namco, get Klonoa Works back together and make that Klonoa 3 for Wii U/PS4/whatever!!!

FYC

Banned
Doesn't look... Amazing, but I honestly hope it turns out good. Need to change the generic munching sound please.

Fingers crossed I suppose.

was hoping for something like this

pacman2-00.jpg

:(

Came to post this...

Can we at least get PM2 on virtual console? We can get Jr. Pac Man this way...

Championship Edition DX would like to have a word with you.

That word is "Ghost Train."

This, The First Pac-Man Championship Edition, the original Ms. Pac-Man and even Pac-Man Vs. on the Gamecube are all great. Though Battle Royal does make me want to lift my self imposed Face Book ban to just play it.

Mindlog

So this announcement has me playing Championship Edition DX again. Are any of the other available classic remakes as good?

emb

I always kinda wanted Pac-Man World to be more fun. I played the second game, and it felt just ok. Maybe it's because I like the genre and character, but I always want to look past all the flaws. But at the end of the day I just don't think it's a great game, and I doubt the other two would do much to change my mind. Potential seems to be there though.

So I'm mildly hopeful for this. Trailer and artwork are doing the opposite of inspiring confidence though.

RM8

The description of Pac-Man's friends. I can't.

SPIRAL AND CYLINDRIA
Pac´s two heroic best friends, Spiral is “different” from other PacWorlders, and Cylindria appears very girlie and pink, but is surprisingly heroic/a strong female figure. They are at the bottom of the popularity food chain, but they are ok with their status because together they are trying to:

Enjoy life
Cope with the challenges of being a teenager
And save their planet from the ghosts

I want to slap the kids who said "that's cool!" during the focus test.
Nzhkaqh.png

And I can't help but think the rationalization for "SPIRAL" was something like this: "we're going to send the wrong message to kids if everyone is spherical! we need to teach them it's fine being different!".

Ridley327

The description of Pac-Man's friends. I can't.

I want to slap the kids who said "that's cool!" during the focus test.
Nzhkaqh.png

And I can't help but think the rationalization for "SPIRAL" was something like this: "we're going to send the wrong message to kids if everyone is spherical! we need to teach them it's fine being different!".

I honestly thought that was something out of a fanfic, but nope, that's official.

TheOGB

Banned
79091d1349501685-527186f4-9696-407f-9300-51a0ba6fe663.jpg

Will they use one of these new designs?
I was just about to ask about this

Fuck your TV show, I want a classy, otherworldly, Luigi's Mansion-esque Pac-Man in the style of D, Bamco

Or sometging slightly different in the style of C

Or Championship Edition DX 2 with Pac-Man Battle Royale online multiplayer oh god please Namco do it

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down

also at the end of every adventure everybody gets a trophy!!!

IrishNinja

well...i'll definitely rent it, and if it turns out bad there's always more CE to be played

It's be cool if PacMan VS was included as a bonus in the Wii U version.

also i am always down for bonuses like this, i'd wanted to play that one someday

Pac-man has always looked weird since the original cabinet art, I much prefer to think of him as just a yellow pie.
But I think the reaction some of you are looking for is this:
UVb1kKd.jpg

How does this exist in 2013?

The show/game seem like they came out of an alternate universe where the mid-90s inexplicably continued for an extra two decades.

Yuterald

Pac-Man's got some N64 Chameleon Twist hookshot skills going on in that video. This game looks like it shouldn't exist in 2013 and for that reason alone I'll be all over this.

How does this exist in 2013?

The show/game seem like they came out of an alternate universe where the mid-90s inexplicably continued for an extra two decades.

My mind immediately created a scenario about the creation of the cartoon the minute the characters started talking, with a room full of 45 year olds sitting around with "how to talk like a teenager" and "texting for dummies" books dogeared and redlined extensively, with a Pac-Man cabinet shunted off in the far corner. No one in the room has been able to clear the first screen

I agree with those who feel this looks like a bad 90s platformer... but for that reason I'd definitely rent it or buy it for like... $5 maybe.

ash_ag

I'm not sure why you guys hate the design. I think it's okay... Eyes could be darker blue so that it's closer to the original 3D model, but it's fine. Really, is that the problem?

The game looks pretty terrible, as does the new show. :\ That pains me, because I was looking forward to it ever since Namco's announcement of a Pac-Man reboot, and the recent PAC-MAN + Tournaments, probably the first product of the reboot, is pretty fantastic. I'm not sure if I like where it's going. Pac-Man was always a hero with class and they're turning him into a teenager with attitude for basically no reason. They think kids will like it? Doubt that.

The 3DS version might not be that bad at least. I'll wait for reviews for both.

In Wreck-It-Ralph Pac-Man is just a floating sphere with a mouth, why the fuck can't he just be like that?

79091d1349501685-527186f4-9696-407f-9300-51a0ba6fe663.jpg

Will they use one of these new designs?

Good to see that they went with A, which is the design NOBODY wanted. We should have known, since they had them rendered already, that it was a bunch of bullshit and they already made their decision.

Game based on a tv show based on a game. Bodes well for it's quality.

nKJj704.gif

DAT CLIPPING

MormaPope

Banned
Apparently in the fantastic upcoming Pac Man cartoon that will air on Disney XL or whatever, Pac Man is in highschool, it's a origin story.

Top Bottom