• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures (Namco, 360/PS3/WiiU/3DS) announced

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
The best Pac-Man games are the ones utilizing the classic formula. Who wants Pac-Man as a Mario type character in an adventure game?

Here's an idea Namco; ditch this stupid game and give us a new Rolling Thunder.

RM8

Well, I'm kind of interested. How bad can it be, right?

Right?

Please don't suck.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if the 3DS version ends up being better. It's more difficult to fail a 2D platformer than a 3D one.

Mr.Ock

I loved Pac Man World on PS1 back in the day. It was good, right? Or is it just me?
That said, this doesn't look any interesting to me lol

Ridley327

Well, I'm kind of interested. How bad can it be, right?

Right?

Please don't suck.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if the 3DS version ends up being better. It's more difficult to fail a 2D platformer than a 3D one.

Epic Mickey 2 pokes a rather large hole in that theory.

RobbieNick

8BW9J6t.gif

I was about to bring this up. there's so many times he goes to bite and misses that it's ridiculous.

I can't believe they are still working on that T.V. Show. Isn't the trailer for that like, 5 years old now?

Polk

The best Pac-Man games are the ones utilizing the classic formula. Who wants Pac-Man as a Mario type character in an adventure game?

Here's an idea Namco; ditch this stupid game and give us a new Rolling Thunder.

I loved Ms Pac-Man game on Dreamcast, hell I would buy HD version if Namco can't be bothered to release next game.

Man, the trailer looks really bad. I am a big 3D platformer fan, but this feels like a 10 dollar clearance rack pickup right off the bat.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
...Is it just me or the 3DS version has a different style and it doesn't look so bad?

Oh, wow. That looks terrible.

...Is it just me or the 3DS version has a different style and it doesn't look so bad?

3DS game might be much better than its console counterpart, especially if it's handled correctly and turns out to be a competent 2.5D platformer.

anyone ever play Pac-Man World Rally? Loved that game. You could play as the Prince from Katamari. There was also a PSP version, if they released that on the Vita store I would snap that up so hard. So hard.

Like others have said this looks like the mid-late 90s barely platformers that hit the PS1 and N64 in droves.

That said:
not gonna lie. i know it's going to be shit, but i have a mild interest because there just aren't enough 3d platformers these days.
I can't help but feel the same way.

Never played Pac-Man World. 2.5D that kind of looks like SM3DL. Doesn't look bad. Pac-Man World 2 looks more like Crash Bandicoot.

Looks about as far away from fun as humanly possible, and that one chomp sound got annoying the second time I heard it, can't imagine it for a whole game...

Vinnk

I get happy anytime there is a title announced for the WiiU. Even shovel ware. I don't know how to feel about that.

I loved Pac Man World 1, never played the others though. It's brave of them to release a 3D platformer in today's day and age, but fuck, those designs look hideous. What the hell was wrong with World's aesthetic? The rare situation where 90's cg looks more appealing than modern:
pac3dthumbsup.jpg

RM8

Epic Mickey 2 pokes a rather large hole in that theory.
Epic Mickey on 3DS was ruined by the sssssloooooooowwwwww pace and momentum-breaking drawing parts. Unless this game has an awful gimmick like that it can still be okay, I guess.

daxgame

oh wow.
This is awful.
And it has nothing to do with what Pac Man was.
It looks just dumb. Worst game I've seen in a while

edit: Thank you Javier.

Top Bottom