• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 44, 2015

Bruno MB

Since the Xbox 360 version of Call of Duty: Black Ops III is above Halo 5: Guardians we can calculate that Call of Duty: Black Ops III sold over 660,000 units. The problem is that that 5% is a rounded figure which is a problem when we are talking about games that sold several hundred thousand of units.

stryke

That's a good split for Xbox actually it's usually much bigger for multiplats.
I guess ppl don't care that much about resolution and timed DLCs.

FPS is a very healthy genre on Xbox.

For reference, here's the split for last year

PS4 35%
XB1 32%
360 21%
PS3 11%

That's a good split for Xbox actually it's usually much bigger for multiplats.
I guess ppl don't care that much about resolution and timed DLCs.

CoD is the one series that bucks that trend though. I'm guessing Sony would see the wider gap than normal as a win and look to build on that next year.

Alo0oy

Banned
Always said BO III was not gonna be bigger than Ghost.
And to be fair, i also said BO III was not gonna beat AW.

...But after the news of the pre orders, i changed my prediction Ghost > AW > BO III in Ghost > BO III > AW

...But, looks like i was always right. for now. In UK.
Well... we will see.

Unless Blops has better legs than the previous two entries, CoD is continuing its decline since 2012.

A declining CoD will still sell 20+ million, but Activision needs a new cow to milk before the generation ends, if the trend continues CoD will fall below 10 million by the end of the gen.

Hasney

Since the Xbox 360 version of Call of Duty: Black Ops III is above Halo 5: Guardians we can calculate that Call of Duty: Black Ops III sold over 660,000 units. The problem is that that 5% is a rounded figure which is a problem when we are talking about games that sold several hundred thousand of units.

So yeah, easily second best first week since I believe before that second best was Arkham Knight still.

Unless Blops has better legs than the previous two entries, CoD is continuing its decline since 2012.

A declining CoD will still sell 20+ million, but Activision needs a new cow to milk before the generation ends, if the trend continues CoD will fall below 10 million by the end of the gen.

Hopefully we get numbers, then we can allocate the extra 20% digital will on average make up and see how it compares then.

Ryng_tolu

Banned

Honestly, i don't think will have better legs, or for be even more correct, i don't see the reason...
I expected at least >800k this week. The AW drop was -78%, we will see if BO III has better legs.

Hasney

Honestly, i don't think will have better legs, or for be even more correct, i don't see the reason...
I expected at least >800k this week. The AW drop was -78%, we will see if BO III has better legs.

It'll drop less than that by virtue of being on a Friday. They're usually in the 40-60% range.

Alo0oy

Banned
Hopefully we get numbers, then we can allocate the extra 20% digital will on average make up and see how it compares then.

If Blops stays flat when compared to AW if you include digital, it would be great news for Activision.

Alo0oy

Banned

It will have a softer drop because of the Friday release, a softer drop for a game that sells as well as CoD is a huge number.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
It will have a softer drop because of the Friday release, a softer drop for a game that sells as well as CoD is a huge number.

Well, probabily will have a lower drop, but in the long term, i don't think will have better legs.

Also, didn't AW sold more than Ghost first week? BO III is also under Ghost... humm, let's see the first week numbers.

Also, do you guys know how much sold MW2 first week?

Alo0oy

Banned
Well, probabily will have a lower drop, but in the long term, i don't think will have better legs.

Also, didn't AW sold more than Ghost first week? BO III is also under Ghost... humm, let's see the first week numbers.

Also, do you guys know how much sold MW2 first week?

Ghosts had a staggered release.

Top Bottom