• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 44, 2015

Bruno MB

mf2Bby8.png

Australia:
Week 44, 2015 - Full Price Games (All Formats)

01 (NE) HALO 5: GUARDIANS (MICROSOFT)
02 (01) ASSASSIN'S CREED: SYNDICATE (UBISOFT)
03 (NE) WWE 2K16 (TAKE 2)
04 (03) UNCHARTED: THE NATHAN DRAKE COLLECTION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
05 (04) FIFA 16 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
06 (02) GUITAR HERO LIVE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
07 (06) NBA 2K16 (TAKE 2)
08 (NE) MX VS ATV: SUPERCROSS ENCORE (NORDIC GAMES)
09 (07) LEGO DIMENSIONS (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
10 (05) 3DS THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: TRI FORCE HEROES (NINTENDO)

L4iEuoa.png

New Zealand:
Week 44, 2015 - Full Price Games (All Formats)

01 (NE) HALO 5: GUARDIANS (MICROSOFT)
03 (NE) WWE 2K16 (TAKE 2)
02 (01) ASSASSIN'S CREED: SYNDICATE (UBISOFT)
04 (03) UNCHARTED: THE NATHAN DRAKE COLLECTION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
05 (02) FIFA 16 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
06 (06) GUITAR HERO LIVE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
07 (04) NBA 2K16 (TAKE 2)
05 (07) MINECRAFT (MICROSOFT)
06 (10) GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
10 (08) RUGBY LIVE 3 (TRU BLU ENTERTAINMENT)

BmPRT.png

Greece:
September 2015 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (NE) PS4 FIFA 16 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
02 (NE) PS3 PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2016 (KONAMI)
03 (NE) PS4 PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2016 (KONAMI)
04 (NE) PS4 METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN (KONAMI)
05 (05) PS3 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
06 (NE) PS4 NBA 2K16 (TAKE 2)
07 (01) PS3 CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
08 (NE) PS4 PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2016 - ANNIVERSARY EDITION (KONAMI)
09 (NE) PC PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2016 (KONAMI)
10 (02) PS3 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)

lHu2yH0.png

Belgium
Week 43, 2015 - All Console / PC Formats

01 (NE) ASSASSIN'S CREED: SYNDICATE (UBISOFT)

01 (01) PC THE SIMS 4 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)

Bruno MB

Call of Duty: Black Ops III claims top spot in first week

2015 so far reveals there have never been more games released on a Tuesday (25 and counting, previous record was 2012 with 17 for the whole year), but Activision's ‘Call of Duty: Black Ops III’ forsakes Tuesday for Friday for the first time since 2009 / 6 iterations ago. So 'Black Ops III' launched Friday 6th November and UK gamers had to divide their disposable income between fireworks, the Treyarch-developed first person shooter and the continued wallet-drain of ‘Spectre’ at the cinema. However, ‘Black Ops III’ explodes on to the scene at No1 and in terms of revenue generated in week 1 (regardless of release day) ‘Black Ops III’ ranks at No14 amongst all titles. Compared to other Call of Duty titles this is the 7th in terms of week 1 takings, though of course all of those above it benefited from 5 days of sell-through in week 1 (UK charts run Sun-Sat). The Gen 8 (PS4/Xbox One) transition is overwhelming with 91% of sales units coming from these 2 formats (compared to 68% for last year’s ‘Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare’). EA’s ‘FIFA 16’ climbs 1 place to No2 (-7%) and EA have the only other new entry at No3 as ‘Need For Speed’ arrives for PS4/Xbox One. Microsoft’s ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ drops from No1 to No4 (- 78%) and Ubisoft’s ‘Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate’ drops 3 places to No5 (-55%). There are numerous re-entries due to various retailer promotions, most notable of which is Nintendo’s ‘Mario Kart 7’ back in at No14 (+898%).

Lots of words to say that Call of Duty: Black Ops III had the worst opening in the series since Call of Duty: World at War.

Ouch at that Halo 5 drop.

04 (01) HALO 5: GUARDIANS (MICROSOFT) - 33,000 / 183,000 (-78%)

Wonder why CoD came out on Friday this time round.

And yeah that Halo drop on top of its launch week numbers is very poor. Can I be the first to start the "well all by friends bought it digital last week"? :p

Loris146

Lots of words to say that Call of Duty: Black Ops III had the worst opening in the series since Call of Duty: World at War.

Do you have 2* week sales for Halo 3 , Reach and Halo 4? :)

eFKac

What?!

I won't lie I was expecting a drop similar to Miles'. I would think that Halo would be a game that you just pick up with an Xbox from now on, plus one that would be often bundled by retailers.

EGM1966

Not really a surprise the launch was going to always be front loaded. The question for me is whether it generates decent WOM to retain decent baseline of legs or whether continues to tail off to almost nothing fairly rapidly.

If the latter in PAL then loyalty of US fans is going to be critical to how game is ultimately judged.

MS generated decent PR but it clearly has lots of holes and soon enough questions of how well the game itself did and how active its online is will be asked vs other titles.

Mind you looks like CoD BO didn't have huge launch for the franchise either.

Personally I think Fallout 4 and Battlefront are going to emerge the big winners in context for this period.

TR I think unfortunately is going to be badly burnt between all the bigger AAA titles and struggle but we'll see (and pretty soon too).

Well that drop for Halo is expected imo. The game was always going to be severely front loaded.

But man that CoD drop you've explained Bruno is nuts.

How has AW outsold Blops week 1 when the word of mouth seems way more positive this year, an open beta was done and install base is bigger than 2014.

Was last gen picking up the slack that much or is this just franchise fatigue?

Paganmoon

Last week, we had the lowest second week drop I've seen this year (39% for AC:Syndicate), this week, I think this is one of the highest second week drops we've seen at 78%?

I expected Halo 5 to have better legs, since the worst opening... well, that is.
Last chance is the NPD.
if Halo don't sell at least 1 million...

It will stick around because MS will bundle is aggressively, hopefully that will help them see a bigger opening for Halo 6 given its a great game

Probably the week 1 to week 2 hold. 38% is a tiny drop, helped out a lot by those cheap ass bundles.

That was last week, it retained 60%+ of its opening week. This is week 3.

I'm not talking specifically about last week, I mean in general. They said that it would catch up to Unity through legs and it doesn't look like that's going to happen at all. And yeah, as Hasney said, the game only managed to perform well in its second week due to bundles anyway.

Hasney

Last week, we had the lowest second week drop I've seen this year (39% for AC:Syndicate), this week, I think this is one of the highest second week drops we've seen at 78%?

I think it is the joint highest with MGSV for the year so far.

We'll probably see the same for Fallout. Tuesday releases seem to do this now.

Hasney

I'm not talking specifically about last week, I mean in general. They said that it would catch up to Unity through legs and it doesn't look like that's going too happen at all. And yeah, as Hasney said, the game only managed to perform well in its second week due to bundles anyway.

True, it still might if these deals keep on coming. Watch Dogs is still at 13 so those bundles keep on trundling.

I'm expecting it to be a Black Friday sales winner which Unity missed out on launching later too, as is the trend with Ubi games recently.

I'm not talking specifically about last week, I mean in general. They said that it would catch up to Unity through legs and it doesn't look like that's going too happen at all. And yeah, as Hasney said, the game only managed to perform well in its second week due to bundles anyway.

Don't ask me, I was questioning Ubi's reasoning about that, pointing to Black Flag's sales pattern without saying whether they were factoring the cross-gen split release. But it was a PR footnote on their financial results for a period that didn't even include Syndicate's release. They've got enough leeway to put a positive spin without too much scrutiny. Once they report their Oct-Dec quarterly results we'll probably get a better indication of how it really performed for them.

This is what happens when you wish that a milder drop in the second week is due to word-of-mouth.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
The worst debut for Call of Duty since WaW? I expected it to do better than the last two entries.

Always said BO III was not gonna be bigger than Ghost.
And to be fair, i also said BO III was not gonna beat AW.

...But after the news of the pre orders, i changed my prediction Ghost > AW > BO III in Ghost > BO III > AW

...But, looks like i was always right. for now. In UK.
Well... we will see.

bombshell

Quite a healthy percentage for the Xbone considering the marketing partnership this time around.

It's still a shift and the marketing partnership is only just starting now. Some of the more uninformed customers could be in for a surprise when the first DLC drops 30 days early on PS4. It was clear from the wording at E3 that it's a multi-year deal.

Hasney

Shame they didn't say where it ranks in launches in terms of units for the year. I assume that 14 is all time? I imagine that despite the drop, it's still easily the second biggest launch of the year.

Top Bottom