• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Palworld |OT + Review Thread | Pokémon Gun

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Yes it is.

This is... TORTURE!

stop GIF

hlm666

Xbox doing much bigger numbers than I expected. Yes I know ones sales and the other players, it's going to be all kinds of ridiculous if this actually moves the sub numbers substantially more than the big names that were going to.

Random thought. There are Pal souls you can pick up to further enhance your pals.

The pals you enslave and/or kill all have souls.
please don't give people these ideas rofl I don't need this drama around souls games ;)

Last edited:
I was watching a friend play. It was like a boss battle and it just made me realise how terrible the latest Pokemon game is. What this dev has achieved is very impressive.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Patch notes

[Patch Notice]
・Steam patch v0.1.4.0
・Xbox patch v0.1.1.3

Steam version v0.1.4.0 has been released.
(Xbox version v0.1.1.3 will be released as soon as it is ready)

Patch Notes:

===

▼Major Fixes
・Fixed an issue where the game would crash under certain conditions
・Fixed an issue where if another player's pal/base pal had HP 30% or less, it could be captured by using a sphere.
・Fixed an issue where enemy pals would get stuck in walls due to charge attacks.

・Implemented the first fix for an issue where the game would always crash and save data would be corrupted when the guild's total number of pals captured reached around 7000.
*The game no longer crashes even if the total number of captured objects exceeds 7000.
However, save data that has already been in this state (in the case of a server, the server's world data) prior to this update will still be unable to load.
We are continuing to work on fixing this issue permanently.

▼Key Configuration
・Added support for mouse side keys and numeric keypad in keyboard key configuration.
*Further improvements are currently planned, such as support for interact key configuration.

▼Player Issues
・Fixed an issue where players on dedicated servers and co-op (online) were receiving damage twice.
・Specifications have been changed so that you can move at extremely low speed even when you have exceeded the weight limit.
・Players will no longer pass through walls when dismounting.
・Fixed an issue where capture power strengthened by Lifmunk Effigies was reset when using memory reset drugs.
・Fixed an issue where armor could be equipped in the wrong slot.
・Adjusted camera positions of several Pals to make it easier to see when mounted.

▼Base Issues
・Specifications have been changed so that Pals who are manually assigned to a breeding farm will not become hungry and their manual assignments will not be removed.
・The key to lift Pals has been changed from F → V (Pad: X → Y) in order to prevent accidents.
・Reduced the speed and range of fire spreading on wooden buildings.
・Fixed an issue where manual work assignments could not be set at all under certain circumstances.
・Fixed an issue where extremely high-level Relaxaurus would attack the base during raids.
・Added several measures to prevent base Pals from getting stuck.
・Fixed an issue where Pals would get stuck while transporting items and would drop them on the spot.
・Fixed an issue where Pals at the base would continue to cut down trees that were already cut.
・Fixed an issue where Pals at the base were on the verge of death due to unexplained falling damage.
・Fixed an issue where Pals at the base would float under some conditions.
・Fixed an issue where if a farm was built on the second floor or above, work pals would be unable to move on the floors below.

▼Other
・Corrected incorrect text
・Measures have been added to prevent cheating and stealing other players' Pals.
・Many other minor fixes such as the addition of a UI key guide.

===

We will continue development placing top priority on fixing major problems and issues.
Thank you for your continued support of Palworld.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
So how close to identical are they now?

It looks like xbox is catching up at a serious clip. Would be amazing to get cross play soon.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
So I tried ARK again. I played for about 2 hours. I thought that if I can have a great time with Palworlds survival/crafting elements, I might be ready to try ARK again.

Fuck me. ARK sucks. Palworld really just nails the systems. I tried Valheim when it got added to game pass, and I didn’t like that game either.

Palworld really just does it all better.

_Justinian_

Gold Member
So I tried ARK again. I played for about 2 hours. I thought that if I can have a great time with Palworlds survival/crafting elements, I might be ready to try ARK again.

Fuck me. ARK sucks. Palworld really just nails the systems. I tried Valheim when it got added to game pass, and I didn’t like that game either.

Could you elaborate more? What does it do better, exactly?

hlm666

hahaha that's what I was saying in a post in some thread and GHG GHG agreed, going back to excessive busywork in other survival games is like going back to everquest after wow. I think this game even for people who don't like it will benefit in future survival games as this will hopefully make others have to streamline the core gameplay mechanics.

I played ALOT of ark the few years after it released and your talking 100's of hours to get ready for the green (easy) tier bosses.

Could you elaborate more? What does it do better, exactly?
To tame a dino in ark your looking at 20+ minutes if you know what your doing and what to feed the dino, and you can't really do too much else because your have to keep it tranqed (asleep). End game taming is much longer and then you need to breed alpha versions (rare finds) to get a low level alpha you can then level up to get the strongest version. That's only just the capturing mechanic which palworld lets you do by fighting the animal and throwing an orb at it before it dies. You don't want to mine ore? no problem set up a base near some ore and you can get the pals to do it for you while you go do something else, you can speed it up in ark by riding certain dinos that are good miners but they are generally slow moving and you still have to do it. There's a bunch of other mechanics we could talk about like getting keys for the boss fights each time you want to do one in ark which you have to do 3 times for each boss to get the high tier gear etc. Palworld just doesn't waste your time as much as ark or other things like conan exiles which is not as bad as ark but still lots of busywork.

Chastten

Banned
I think no one did.

I hated Valheim so I wasn't planning on playing this, until I saw literally everyone playing it.

And honestly, I'm having an absolute blast. Unlike Valheim, this game was designed to be fun, not just challenging. Going out, exploring stuff, flying your pals, this game is the best pokémon game in existence in all but it's name.

Freeman76

Have you tried Enshrouded? I prefer it to Palworld personally, and it is a similar vein just a darker tone and obvs no pokemen involved

GymWolf

I bought the game on steam out of sheer curiosity, how does the multyplayer work? can i just be in a server with strangers? or do i have to invite\getting invite by friends?

I kinda wanna see people around me doing their shit while i'm doing mine, is there a mode for that? i feel like solo play could be boring.

Or it is better to start the game solo, upgrade a little and then join randoms (if possible)?

Also, am i forced to build a big base? can't i just build a basic thing and just go catch pokemon and explore and fight shit?

Last edited:

GymWolf

Game is good, that's all'm gonna say.

The pals working without micro-menaging other than choosing the right one with the right skills is game changing for someone like me who hate this stuff.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Game is good, that's all'm gonna say.

The pals working without micro-menaging other than choosing the right one with the right skills is game changing for someone like me who hate this stuff.
Yup. It works. Is it perfect? Nah. But the gameplay loop is good fun.

Great example of a game where you get more out of it, if you put the time in.

Mikado

Gold Member
Have you tried Enshrouded? I prefer it to Palworld personally, and it is a similar vein just a darker tone and obvs no pokemen involved

And no capturing/taming, no automation, no raids/base defense, in fact the base is mostly just a place to store your crap.

It's more of a conventional quest structure.

I like both games and have put close to equal time in both, but they have little in common aside from "You will start your journey by punching trees and you will explore a static/non-random environment"

GymWolf

Yeah i just played for like 3 or 4 hours straight.

With survivals\base builders i usually last from 5 to 30 min.

if the game doesn't force me to waste time on building a big base and i can just explore and fight\collect pals than i'm gonna continue playing, putting the pals at work for resorces and building a small 2x2 mt house with a bed and a sock for lonely moments is the max i can handle base builder wise, more than that and i'm gonna get bored.

At best i'm gonna place some walls to protect the pals.

I already crafted the charm that make the purple ghost pal follow me so i can have 2 pals in combat at the same time.

I'm finding the game very easy for now, i captured like almost 15 different species of pals and i wasn't close to die once and just used a spear even if i have a bow, should i play on hard?

Last edited:

Holammer

Yeah i just played for like 3 or 4 hours straight.

With survivals\base builders i usually last from 5 to 30 min.

if the game doesn't force me to waste time on building a big base and i can just explore and fight\collect pals than i'm gonna continue playing, putting the pals at work for resorces and building a small 2x2 mt house with a bed and a sock for lonely moments is the max i can handle base builder wise, more than that and i'm gonna get bored.

At best i'm gonna place some walls to protect the pals.

I already crafted the charm that make the purple ghost pal follow me so i can have 2 pals in combat at the same time.

I'm finding the game very easy for now, i captured like almost 15 different species of pals and i wasn't close to die once and just used a spear even if i have a bow, should i play on hard?
There's no Poke Mart here so you have to do most of the work yourself, but realistically you're only going to have main base & 2 small sites for mining metal and other resources.
If you play on your own server or offline, you can edit difficulty (change world settings/custom difficultly) and fine tune to your liking. Remove death penalty so you don't need to do corpse runs for example. Plenty of options.

GymWolf

What level should i supposed to be to try the tower gym boss?

She has like 30.000hp and me and my pals do shit damage, my strongest weapon is the 3 arrows bow.

Last edited:

Holammer

What level should i supposed to be to try the tower gym boss?

She has like 30.000hp and me and my pals do shit damage, my strongest weapon is the 3 arrows bow.
I think we waited till lvl 25 before we took her on. Quick google shows Eurogamer got her at lvl 16.
Upgrade everything, and craft the thingamabob pals need for their special attacks.

You can find improved rare/legendary schematics for weapons and other gear in dungeons. Those help too. I'm still using the regular crossbow in the legendary version most of the time at lvl 36.

GymWolf

I think we waited till lvl 25 before we took her on. Quick google shows Eurogamer got her at lvl 16.
Upgrade everything, and craft the thingamabob pals need for their special attacks.

You can find improved rare/legendary schematics for weapons and other gear in dungeons. Those help too. I'm still using the regular crossbow in the legendary version most of the time at lvl 36.
Fucked her up when i got the crossbow and the pink dino pal who want to rape other pals, so yeah around level 15 or 16.

And also did a dungeon but the final price was a lame ice shirt.

Last edited:

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
New patch

[Patch Notice]
・Steam patch v0.1.5.0
・Xbox patch v0.1.5.0

Steam version v0.1.5.0 has been released.
(Xbox version v0.1.5.0 will released as soon as it is ready)

Patch Notes:

===

▼Major Fixes
・Implemented backup of save data on the world selection screen
・Resolved issue of unnecessary data accumulating in save data

▼Key Configuration
・Added fully supported keyboard key configuration

▼Guild
・Modified specification to allow guild members to be removed when not logged in

▼Player Issues
・Changed long-press operation during player tasks to allow continuous work by pressing the work button once (This is switchable in the options settings)
・Fixed issue where riding in prohibited hunting areas would not result in a crime
・Improved interaction accuracy with adjacent objects

▼Pals
・Changed specifications so that when a Pal is instructed to "attack aggressively," the Pal will attack enemies indiscriminately even if they are not in combat
・Corrected an issue to allow Pals of rank 1 or higher to be selected as concentrated material (higher-ranked Pals yield more points when concentrated)
・Fixed bug where if a large amount of experience points were gained and the level increased to 50 at once, Pals would not learn any active skills
・Mitigated an issue where using Mossanda's partner skill "Grenadier Panda" on a dungeon boss would cause the boss to get stuck in walls

▼Base Issues
・Fixed an issue where base Pals would get stuck on top of a logging site, etc.
・Added measures to prevent the issue where base Pals would wander around and get stuck at the border of the base area
・Fixed an issue where Pals at the base would get stuck repeatedly starting transportation tasks and the light bulbs icon would appear over and over again.
・Added measures to prevent the issue of base Pals getting stuck in the farm on a roof
・Fixed an issue where work Pals would get stuck in the summon space of Palbox when restarting the server on a dedicated server.
・Adjusted the default work priority of base Pals (Anubis will prioritize manual labour)
・Significantly relaxed building restrictions for stairs and triangular roofs
・Fixed an issue where sound would play in an infinite loop when Pals at the base used certain active skills.
・Specifications changed so that all changes in environmental temperature are added up (if you put 4 campfires next to each other, the surrounding area will have the temperature of a volcano)
・Implemented "relax" working style on the monitoring stand

▼Balance Adjustment
・Significantly strengthened mining power for Digtoise partner skills
・Fixed the abnormally high selling price of nails
・Significantly increased the number of police officers who appear when a crime is committed
・Added electric shock effect to Free Pal Alliance's crossbow
・Adjusted the flight distance of Sphere Launcher and Scatter Sphere Launcher.
・Increased the SAN value recovery amount of high-quality hot springs

▼Network Related
・Renovated the server lobby
・[Search by server name] will now work
・Added the ability to view online players on a dedicated server
*On community servers, this will only be displayed if the setting is enabled

▼Others
・Fixed the issue where Day 5 Memo was not placed
・You can now adjust the in-game brightness in the settings
・Fixed many minor bugs
・Corrected various incorrect text
・Improved measures against cheating

*We are currently working on an issue where auto-save fails on the Xbox and Xbox Game Pass versions. We expect that this will be resolved in an upcoming update.

===

We will continue development placing top priority on fixing major problems and issues. Thank you for your continued support of Palworld.

Top Bottom