• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Palworld |OT + Review Thread | Pokémon Gun

Dazraell

Naughty Dogs dev goes on twitter rant about how he feels the game is 'cheating' and was made 'nefariously' but he doesn't know how :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Palworld's devs be like

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4255394a396663626531727865413d3d2d3536393431373131362e313532616539323330333338323561313630313335373037393739372e6a7067

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
What a start to the year. I've been waiting for an easier rust since I binged that and this is perfect.

Damn it's too good. I don't know how they've made it but hats off to them.

If this is what AI can build or whatever else I don't give a shit because it is fun.

Last edited:

peish

This game has infected my steam, wtf is it really that good or just another amongst us ?

From videos i just checked out, it controls like some lame mobile game, dated movements mechanics

GHG

This game has infected my steam, wtf is it really that good or just another amongst us ?

From videos i just checked out, it controls like some lame mobile game, dated movements mechanics

?

It's nothing like a mobile game.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
They need to get this Xbox version up to speed with the Steam version ASAP.

Microsoft get on with helping them get this updated.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
They need to get this Xbox version up to speed with the Steam version ASAP.

Microsoft get on with helping them get this updated.
New update just released, looks like they can roll them out quickly now.

EDIT : title screen still shows version 0.1.1.0 like today's earlier update, but there's now an Exit game button, I was remotely trying it, I couldn't see if controller buttons showed up.

[Xbox Update]
Updates have been released for Xbox and Microsoft Store PC versions. This update fixes some of the previously mentioned issues.

[The following issues have been fixed]
<Xbox>
・When starting the game app, it goes black and cannot proceed further.

<Microsoft Store PC version>
・When starting the game app, it goes black and cannot proceed further.
・Controller is not recognized
・Key guide display is not displayed correctly
・Exit game button is not implemented

Last edited:

hlm666

over 1.8 mil ccu now.

The big pals are really fucking up pathing in my base, think I need to find a better and flatter place and not put production devices in my actual building.

GHG

5 hours on 2 days and I have to say I'm loving the game. Most of that time is in the Steam Deck where it's absolutely perfect to dive in and out of, I just wish the performance was a tad better but it's very much playable minus the odd shader comp stutter.

The most I've enjoyed an early access title in a long while (I avoided BG3 early access despite owning it from day 0 because I didn't want to ruin it for myself).

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
5 hours on 2 days and I have to say I'm loving the game. Most of that time is in the Steam Deck where it's absolutely perfect to dive in and out of, I just wish the performance was a tad better but it's very much playable minus the odd shader comp stutter.

The most I've enjoyed an early access title in a long while (I avoided BG3 early access despite owning it from day 0 because I didn't want to ruin it for myself).

I switched to streaming it from my PC to the deck and it’s way better.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: GHG

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I just relocated my entire starter base to a new location with tons of ore to be mined. Awesome stuff. After about an hour of transferring stuff, I made about 300 ingots.

I came by across a YouTube video that shows the location. Here’s a screen grab I did of its location from the video:

GEeRLTIawAAvpsS
Same location I moved to and once you get the tortoises mining you are in more ore than you know what to do with

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I like how Nintendo's done exactly nothing about it (or countless other actual Pokemon style JRPGames that have been released the last decades by all sorts of companies and indies) since it was first shown and folks act like they're out there hating/crying all day long. Too bad Geoff and Reggie's days are over so he can't pretend to be a hard hitting journalist by pushing the narrative about it during an interview meant for another product or whatever I guess.

Everybody else: talking shit about its outpokemoness like they're just seeing both for the first time (yet somehow also denying how much of a rip off its designs are).

Nintendo: this isn't even our top franchise :sleep::pie_sleepy:

Not unlike how Timmy wants EGS to be acknowledged by Valve, except Palworld is a success and it's not them but fanboys/haters/concern/trolls being desperate.

It seems like it should be a(nother) case study for/against those AAA devs who make flop after flop and shut down studios left and right rather than Nintendo 🤷‍♂️

But I guess it's more fun for the usual clickbait crowd to just trash Nintendo over it whether they do or don't do something and until they're forced into any kind of statement or action by making everything about its non existent relation to the game (that we maintain isn't a rip off but can't talk about it without trashing Nintendo at the same time) and going after their ex lawyer, ex employees, ex janitor, maybe someone out there is gonna go ask Iwata's widow and orphans about it and if they played it and what they think Nintendo will do about it next, I can't wait to hear all about it!

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I got it on Steam. Can’t help but support/enjoy this. I bought Pokémon games in the past. They were so simple and restricted. I’m looking forward to playing this.

twilo99

PC - Xbox cross play might happen then .. very cool.

I might be tempered once they add PvP

Last edited:
BOYS WHAT'S POPULAR BECAUSE I WAS THINKING WHAT I9F GAME BUT POKEMON CRAFTING FORTNITE SURVIVAL MINECRAFT BASE BUILDING WE COULD DO IT NOW LETS TALK LUNCH TIME AT SCHOOL TOMORROW
Basically. Everyone is jerking or trashing this game. When it’s just popular stuff the game. Relax. It’s ok.

Top Bottom