• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Palworld Already Has Reached Over 1.1 million players on Steam

Draugoth

Gold Member
Update:

Palworld surpassed CS:GO and Cyberpunk2077 for the highest played game of all time on Steam

it-passed-cs2-v0-jyzkxxcnwqdc1.png

Palworld is looking like it's going to be a huge hit, as it's only been out for a few hours and has somehow managed to gather over 300,000 concurrent players on Steam, which isn't even counting all of the Xbox Game Pass players.

image.png

It's not just the player count for Palworld that's surprisingly great, either, as the reviews on Steam are looking very positive as well. Literally, as it's currently sitting with the "Very Positive" rating on Steam with more than 800 reviews. Those reviews are based off of less than four hours playtime with the game, but that doesn't stop some players from saying that it "came out in a better state than pokemon scarlet/violet".

Source

Last edited:

Kikorin

I've seen clip of this everywhere on Tiktok. Looked super junk and something that will die soon, passed the meme status. If turns out to be really an acceptable game, than I'd be surprised.

Last edited:

Majukun

gonna try it on gamepass, wonder if they pitched the game to nintendo as a pkmn spinoff before going solo

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I'll give it a shot when I can. Looks potentially interesting. In a super crunch right now.

Prince of Persia, Palworld, Exoprimal S3, backlog.

dorkimoe

Dozens of games release everyday with almost no players to speak of.

This is a nobody dev with a new IP, and hit a home run apparently. So yes, it’s a surprise.
And dozens of games trend the first week that are never seen from again

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
And dozens of games trend the first week that are never seen from again
Aside from the adult hentai games you aren’t taking off your recommended, can you showcase a few to prove your point?

Typically a game jumps to these numbers and hype at launch, and it creates a footing in the gaming community to be around for a long while if the devs don’t fumble.

There have absolutely been fumbles like that alien world extraction shooter that I can think of, but hey I got 50 hours of fun out of it. Edit: but it never hit these kinds of numbers.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The game is live on game pass now btw.

I don't usually do multiple games at one time and hopefully by the time I wrap up BG3, any launch niggles here would be resolved.

Spyxos

Gold Member
My friends couldn't stop talking about it. I don't know much about Pokemon, but it seems to be the next big thing.

R6Rider

Gold Member
This reminds me of when Battle Bit was popular and everyone said it will replace Battlefield.

Still lots of crow to be eaten.

Is it true that Steam version and Gamepass version are on two different builds so no crossplay?

Dozens of games release everyday with almost no players to speak of.

This is a nobody dev with a new IP, and hit a home run apparently. So yes, it’s a surprise.
Didn't they release a game that's pretty much the same as this 4 years ago called Craftopia?

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
What are these shitty, dog, ass, fake pokemon, fortnite stupid kids games all about.
What the hell.
How can devs spend 200mil and not be able to get anything grabbing 50 players and these random mobile games studios get such a crazy hype attention.
I don't unbderstad kids these days.

I am an uncle. I got my nephew a ps3, ps4, notebook (shitty one but still) and a damn steam deck in 2022... and he plays some dogshit free2play game on steam deck.
Not interested in real games really. not too much. My coworkers say the same thing about their kids. It's like hypnosis of stupidity and bad tastes.
And no - I don't think it's me just getting old and kids having their own thing... it's predatory and it's preying on kids sensibilities.

near

Gold Member
What are these shitty, dog, ass, fake pokemon, fortnite stupid kids games all about.
What the hell.
How can devs spend 200mil and not be able to get anything grabbing 50 players and these random mobile games studios get such a crazy hype attention.

I am an uncle. I got my nephew a ps3, ps4, notebook (shitty one but still) and a damn steam deck in 2022... and he plays some dogshit free2play game on steam deck.
Not interested in real games really. not too much. My coworkers say the same thing about their kids. It's like hypnosis of stupidity and bad tastes.
And no - I don't think it's me just getting old and kids having their own thing... it's predatory and it's preying on kids sensibilities.
What are 'real games'?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
So it's Pokemon with guns and the BOTW glider.

(Yes, I know BOTW didn't invent gliding, but games like this and Genshin have so obviously copied the exact mechanic. Which I get, it was an absolute genius idea by Nintendo.)

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
So it's Pokemon with guns and the BOTW glider.

(Yes, I know BOTW didn't invent gliding, but games like this and Genshin have so obviously copied the exact mechanic. Which I get, it was an absolute genius idea by Nintendo.)

It's Survival Pokemon.

Yeah PC players just looooove survival games. Enshrouded comes out next week too, im looking forward to that one
Its not that we love them, its just what gets made as pc centric games. It used to be RTS and TBS 4x Strategy and before that Space Sims. Now those are barely made, but I would love more of those and city builders.

Survival crafting is fun, as long as it doesn't require multiplayer. The fact that I can play 7 days to die, conan exiles, stranded deep, and the forrest, green hell, make them good survival crafting games. Also enjoy survival mode in skyrim.
What isn't fun (to me) is ark and rust where your shit gets ganked in real time if you don't have others guarding your base. I guess if you like co-op and have people to play with that could be fun, but some of them make it like a job, no thanks.

//DEVIL//

Looks really good based off this trailer. Gonna try it tonight.

Not my type of games but I can see why

graphics are nice. it has this pokemon feel into it in terms of monsters design and that is appealing to kids and teenagers. looks solid in terms of game play. why not.

What the hell.

My step son had the same behavior. Luckily he had me to kick his ass... (j/k although I did show him real games). He was all stuck on fortnite, pubg, roblox, garys mod , minecraft servers , rainbow six siege, rocket league, etc.... yet we had 100s of games for him to play as being a gamer I had shelves full. He grew out of it and last I seen he plays games like God of war and maybe some cod here and there.

I think its they just want to talk with their friends. I say if that is the case go visit. Also a big weird thing was watching him watch stupid streamers instead of actually playing (septiceye and markieplier and who ever else) was strange.

Valt7786

It's super jank "pokemon" rip off with these bullshit crafting elements that people seem to love. I'll never understand it.
If it was a free to play thing then I could understand the numbers, 'cause gyppo's gonna gyp and flock to anything thats free but its £20-odd on steam.

Hestar69

tried it out and it runs like ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS on xbox

another generic survival game with pokemon that runs awful and feels awful to play. Maybe i'll try the pc version out but,yeah. this game really sold over a million copies...smfh.

Ribi

This reminds me of when Battle Bit was popular and everyone said it will replace Battlefield.

Still lots of crow to be eaten.
Temtem has a better chance of replacing Pokemon and that isn't ever gnna happen. This is more valhiem than it is Pokemon but that's apparently a good thing.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Played for a few hours this morning, had a really good time. I'm not usually one for the whole survival/crafting genre, but this was a lot of fun. Adding the "pokemon" catch mechanic is pretty interesting, and I like how your different monsters can be stationed at a base and do different things (water monsters can water your crops, etc.)

Sure it's a bit on the janky side (my Game Pass copy never did load the button prompts, so there was a lot of trial and error) but it's also in early access / game preview, so I expect it to get better with time. My kids both saw me playing it and wanted to join in, so I suspect there'll be a few more sales in their future, and it might be fun to run around in a shared world with them.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Played for a few hours this morning, had a really good time. I'm not usually one for the whole survival/crafting genre, but this was a lot of fun. Adding the "pokemon" catch mechanic is pretty interesting, and I like how your different monsters can be stationed at a base and do different things (water monsters can water your crops, etc.)

Sure it's a bit on the janky side (my Game Pass copy never did load the button prompts, so there was a lot of trial and error) but it's also in early access / game preview, so I expect it to get better with time. My kids both saw me playing it and wanted to join in, so I suspect there'll be a few more sales in their future, and it might be fun to run around in a shared world with them.
Yup. I can’t wait to show the kids this evening. My oldest will love it. Going to start her up on a game pass subscription this weekend.

What are 'real games'?
For me, games like this are just designed as “content” and to make a quick buck on teenagers and children. It’s like those weird Spider-Man videos on YouTube, or kinder-egg opening videos, etc, that generate millions of views and untold advertising income. This stuff is essentially garbage created to prey on children.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Skipped through some gameplay.

Whats the deal with this game? Poking pokemon with a stick for XP/Resources?
It’s a survival Pokemon game. There are Towers that act as Pokemon Gyms. You level your Pokemon to get to other area and find new/more powerful Pokemon. You level up your base, as it can be raided by Pokemon or humans.

There are a ton of systems in this game. Basically, the more you put in, the more you’ll get out of it. Most reviews I’ve seen say the game changes once you get a flying mountable Pal.

Top Bottom