• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Palworld Already Has Reached Over 1.1 million players on Steam

Nydius

I'm guessing once the initial hype period of "POKEMON WITH GUNS" dies down and people realize that the game is still an early access title, the player count craters.

El Muerto

What are these shitty, dog, ass, fake pokemon, fortnite stupid kids games all about.
What the hell.
How can devs spend 200mil and not be able to get anything grabbing 50 players and these random mobile games studios get such a crazy hype attention.
I don't unbderstad kids these days.

I am an uncle. I got my nephew a ps3, ps4, notebook (shitty one but still) and a damn steam deck in 2022... and he plays some dogshit free2play game on steam deck.
Not interested in real games really. not too much. My coworkers say the same thing about their kids. It's like hypnosis of stupidity and bad tastes.
And no - I don't think it's me just getting old and kids having their own thing... it's predatory and it's preying on kids sensibilities.
My nephew started growing out of that phase when he turned 12. I got him Sniper Elite and Hitman and he's having a lot of fun with those.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
you ever fuck a pokemon.... WITH GUNS????????
jon-stewart-half-baked.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
We've officially entered the Zeitgeist.

My wife (non gamer) asked me if I was playing "that new Palworld game, the one with Pokemon and guns" so... it's now breached the mainstream. She saw a lot of videos on Youtube.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
We've officially entered the Zeitgeist.

My wife (non gamer) asked me if I was playing "that new Palworld game, the one with Pokemon and guns" so... it's now breached the mainstream. She saw a lot of videos on Youtube.
Phil Spencer, you magnificent son of a bitch.

Freeman76

Palworld is looking like it's going to be a huge hit, as it's only been out for a few hours and has somehow managed to gather over 300,000 concurrent players on Steam, which isn't even counting all of the Xbox Game Pass players.

image.png

It's not just the player count for Palworld that's surprisingly great, either, as the reviews on Steam are looking very positive as well. Literally, as it's currently sitting with the "Very Positive" rating on Steam with more than 800 reviews. Those reviews are based off of less than four hours playtime with the game, but that doesn't stop some players from saying that it "came out in a better state than pokemon scarlet/violet".

Source
They arent based off less than 4 hours with the game, a lot of them are by people who got 2 weeks early access and have many hours played.

Its a good game for sure, huge potential

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I didn’t click on the video, but isn’t this one of the guys that stole money from a charity, right?
He’s in the middle of a lawsuit against the third party who did the money handling. Apparently he can’t say anything until it’s done with but he said you can bet he will once it’s over.

Likely they did the shady stuff not the creators. But take it all with a grain of salt.

Shubh_C63

Seems more fleshed out than its gimmick. And literally butchering Pokemons makes the one you decide to keep have more gravity

havoc00

Not really digging it, was hyped up with pokemon with guns, had no idea it would be so survival heavy not a fan.

PSYGN

• Oh, Gyarado... hmmm
  • Cute music, strong Pokemon vibes with the creatures in pairs running
  • Gamepla.... LOL did not expect there to be shooting
  • HAHAHA a rocket launcher? Yoooo wth
  • This looks like a mishmash of popculture games so it feels cheap and uninspired to me

Last edited:

_Justinian_

Gold Member
I want to play it, but I have this rule about not paying for anymore games that are in early access. It does look interesting and once most of the bugs and everything are fixed and it is out of early access, I'll probably buy it.

Freeman76

I want to play it, but I have this rule about not paying for anymore games that are in early access. It does look interesting and once most of the bugs and everything are fixed and it is out of early access, I'll probably buy it.
Some early access games are class! Satisfactory and Palworld are 2 that have so much content already

Holammer

714k and climbing. Game is a certified success.
Only a sojak can illustrate the salty rage expressed from various corners of the internet.

hlm666

714k and climbing. Game is a certified success.
Only a sojak can illustrate the salty rage expressed from various corners of the internet.
what did cyberpunk get to, it was about 1.1 million ccu on about 8 million sales if I remember correctly. This could beat it.

I played it on gamepass because my money is going to enshrouded, but honestly apart from dlss not working on the gamepass version (why this keeps happening is beyond stupid) the game has alot of content and seems rather polished for early access.

Holammer

what did cyberpunk get to, it was about 1.1 million ccu on about 8 million sales if I remember correctly. This could beat it.

I played it on gamepass because my money is going to enshrouded, but honestly apart from dlss not working on the gamepass version (why this keeps happening is beyond stupid) the game has alot of content and seems rather polished for early access.
  • Hogwarts Legacy — 879,308 CCU;
  • Baldur's Gate 3 — 875,343 CCU;
  • Sons of the Forest — 414,257 CCU;
  • Starfield — 330,723 CCU;
  • The Finals — 242,619 CCU;
  • Lethal Company — 240,817 CCU.
  • Resident Evil 4 — 168,191 CCU;
  • Armored Core VI — 156,171 CCU;

Not listed on this page, but SteamDB says 1,058,388

GHG

These are the all times:

Lost Ark - 1,325,305
Cyberpunk - 1,054,388
Elden Ring - 953,426
Hogwarts Legacy - 879,308
Baldur's Gate 3 - 875,343
Palworld - 773,511

It's up there, I think it likely surpasses both Hogwarts Legacy and BG3 before the weekend is up.

Last edited:

hlm666

These are the all times:

Lost Ark - 1,325,305
Cyberpunk - 1,054,388
Elden Ring - 953,426
Hogwarts Legacy - 879,308
Baldur's Gate 3 - 875,343
Palworld - 773,511

It's up there, I think it likely surpasses both Hogwarts Legacy and BG3 before the weekend is up.
Oh shit had forgot elden ring, which is fucked up seeing I have more hours in elden ring than cyberpunk. This could blast to second place in that list tomorrow. I think pubg should be top of that list though, i'm sure it hit some crazy shit like 3 million ccu.

Last edited:
Reactions: GHG

GHG

Oh shit had forgot elden ring, which is fucked up seeing I have more hours in elden ring than cyberpunk. This could blast to second place in that list tomorrow. I think pubg should be top of that list though, i'm sure it hit some crazy shit like 3 million ccu.

Yeh you're right, I had my filters on SteamDB set to single player for some reason.

DOTA 2, CS2 and PUBG are all at the top.

This game follows the tried and tested marketing strategy of coming out of fucking nowhere!
Who ever works for gamepass and secures these games deserves a raise.

They always seem to get the decent and sometimes zeitgeist games from all parts of gaming.
Imagine if this game brings in more subscribers than Starfield 🤣🤣.

That games essentially cost 10 billion to get on Gamepass! How much did this cost...

GHG

Obe of the worst games Ive played in a long time. This is what PC players want tø play? Yikes.

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

I'm assuming you played the Xbox/gamepass version?

In which case it's an old build (and the console version has performance issues):

There's also no crossplay between the Xbox/gamepass version and the Steam version, it's separated away.

Last edited:
Top Bottom