• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paramount Plus Question

So, I was thinking of getting Paramount Plus so I can catch up on all the Star Trek stuff. I know a lot of new stuff is going to stink but I've heard some good things about Picard season 3 as well as Strange New Worlds.

The other reason here is that I have a friend who really has never seen Star Trek much before and I want to get them into it and all the Star Trek shows seem to be available on Paramount Plus.

The first thing I want him to watch is Star Trek the Motion Picture. Yeah, yeah I know a lot of you people hated it but I love that movie and knowing how he is, I think he would love it too.

My main question here is if I open up a Paramount Plus account can I share it with him even though he lives 5 miles away from me? Am I able to just give him my password and everything so he can just log in whenever he wants or how does that work? I had no problem sharing my Disney account before or Netflix in the past but wasn't so sure of Paramount plus had something different in place because I would love for him to see these shows without having to pay the price to see them.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
You should be able to. I share Paramount Plus, HBO Max, and Netflix with 3 other family members.

Also make sure to hide any weapons and grab a bucket when you start NuTrek. You will want to kill yourself after the first few episodes and the anger/misery you will experience will cause you to vomit.

Last edited:

Billbofet

Yeah, I foot the bill for Paramount + and my friend foots it for Peacock - we share each other's accounts.
Never had an issue.

Quasicat

Not a problem. I use PlayOn Cloud with several streaming services including Paramount+ and their servers are several states away.

jason10mm

Gold Member
If you are AD or a vet you can get 25% off FOR LIFE(*) so look into that if you are eligible.

* on a constant contract if you are ready to commit long term should the deal go away at some point for new/re-subs.

Ownage

Anyone watch Seal Team on P+? It's pretty much my favorite show on tv these days. Rewatched the series several times already.

RavageX

I've introduced the wife to Star Trek...not the original, that's just a bit too far for her. She did see some of the second movie with me. TNG and now DS9 along with a couple of movies. She wants to see Picard but I don't think I wanna see that, lol.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Paramount is pretty good for movies and Star Trek. Little else there but a decent deal from just that. They don't have the leverage to start hounding people over sharing.

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
I don't think I have ever had an issue sharing.
Same here sharing with a friend.

I resubscribed recently and don't regret it.

I'm an old school Trek fan so I enjoy Strange New Worlds but never got into Picard (Red Letter Media scared me away from it 😆).

I also love the western genre and Paramount + is home to all of Taylor Sheridan's work.
Lawmen: Bass Reeves is also great.

Plus everything South Park!

Ownage

I'm an old school Trek fan so I enjoy Strange New Worlds but never got into Picard (Red Letter Media scared me away from it 😆).

I also love the western genre and Paramount + is home to all of Taylor Sheridan's work.

Yellowstone isn't on there in the US.

I've introduced the wife to Star Trek...not the original, that's just a bit too far for her. She did see some of the second movie with me. TNG and now DS9 along with a couple of movies. She wants to see Picard but I don't think I wanna see that, lol.
The third and final season of Picard is actually really kick ass. I didn't even bother watching the first two seasons because of what I heard but the third season really awesome. It feels like a 10-hour long movie.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended

I honestly don't know if you'd like seasons 1 and 2 of Picard, but I can send you the cliffnotes to understand some of the small things in Season 3.

Top Bottom