• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC gamers what chair are yoy using?

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Secretlab evo 2022.
And I don't like "gaming chair" naming. Plenty of chairs are the same chinese OEM chair with different branding but secretlab is not. Everything is custom and they have all adjustments possible. Even Height and depth of lumbar support in 2022 model.
Edit: There are fabric models too which is what I would recommend

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

banco-de-plastico.jpg

nani17

are in a big trouble
Rgb sun lounger like a pro. I also have a Secret Labs Titan even though im small I like it better than the regular size

Last edited:

Crayon

Damn i can hardly remember the last time I played a game at a desk. Maybe.... holy crap long time.

I've been using gaming pcs in the living room for 8 or 9 years. But before that I had been on laptops only for probably 5 years. Never at a desk. Kitchen table for brood war parties was the closest. Then before that, I would play on my ikea couch with a monitor on the coffee table when I lived in a very small place.

I HAVE to be forgetting something because that would mean I haven't played a game at a desk in almost 20 years.

Fermbiz

Gold Member
My PC and ally consoles are in the living room, So I set on a DXRacer chair with a mouse pad armrest.

What sucks though is they discontinued the mouse pad armrest and I cant get a replacement. I had it for the past 6 years and its getting warned out and dirty.
kFSE94M.jpg

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Damn i can hardly remember the last time I played a game at a desk. Maybe.... holy crap long time.

COVID and our full transition to remote work is what got me invested in figuring out a perfect couch setup for PC games including strategy games (that generally don't offer controller support). Sitting in front of a desk "all day" meant I didn't want to stay there after finishing up to get an a few runs of STS. To the living room everything went -

. . .and haven't looked back.

Topher

Gold Member
Bought a Serta executive chair from Office Depot. These "gaming chairs" look uncomfortable as hell, frankly.

Celcius

°Temp. member
A chair that I've had for probably a decade that isn't in the best condition anymore but is still super comfy and I got it for free. It's not a name brand though.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Got a Herman Miller Aeron just as Covid was hitting and I assumed we'd be working from home "for a while". Never looked back. One of the best things I've ever bought.

You can get these super expensive ergo chairs for like half price refurbished on eBay.

Last edited:

Crayon

COVID and our full transition to remote work is what got me invested in figuring out a perfect couch setup for PC games including strategy games (that generally don't offer controller support). Sitting in front of a desk "all day" meant I didn't want to stay there after finishing up to get an a few runs of STS. To the living room everything went -

. . .and haven't looked back.

Since steam input, I've been able to play everything no problemo... except for rts. Tried a million steam controller configurations and while I have played them without a mouse, I can never get it to feel right.

We use one of those little htpc air-mouse/kb combos for browsing. I've been meaning to try an rts with that in one hand and a controller in the other but I have a feeling that won't work out. Never know till you try, tho.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
That's a $450USD chair I got free from a coworker. Can't complain. I need to organize my desk too. There's my paltry dual monitor setup lol

Piece of trash 65" CX (I spit on you) bastardised to the entryway area/office/lounge while the 83"C1 hogs the glory in the living room.
20230111_171115wwint.jpg

reinking

Gold Member
I have a Herman Miller Aeron. I really don't like it but I got it from work. I am thinking about buying a "nursing" recliner that swivels. Those things are comfortable.

Kuranghi

That's a $450USD chair I got free from a coworker. Can't complain. I need to organize my desk too. There's my paltry dual monitor setup lol

Piece of trash 65" CX (I spit on you) bastardised to the entryway area/office/lounge while the 83"C1 hogs the glory in the living room.
20230111_171115wwint.jpg

Nice thinking with the pampers, this way you can game for longer. Why are you spitting on the CX?

I've identified something worrying in this picture though, why is the plastic film still on the side panel of your computer case? I feel like you're denying yourself pleasure unnecessarily by not peeling that off.

PhoenixTank

Secretlab evo 2022.
And I don't like "gaming chair" naming. Plenty of chairs are the same chinese OEM chair with different branding but secretlab is not. Everything is custom and they have all adjustments possible. Even Height and depth of lumbar support in 2022 model.
Edit: There are fabric models too which is what I would recommend
Yeah one of these for me, softweave black. There may be better office options but my chair was on its last legs & I bought deep in Covid times while everyone was setting up home offices with little stock to go around.
Bad things are that it creaks a lot, the armrests are never quite the same height and I dread the thought of ever having to deal with their post sales customer service (nightmarish stories online). Armrests wobble back and forth, but not really an in-use problem. If you see a lot of sharing online it is because they do a free extended warranty in return for a public social media post with a photo (and this isn't one).
Other than that, pretty good. Unboxing & instructions are good. Make sure you get the correct size for you based on their recommendations.

I'm still just as shit at games tho.

UCIA6WZ.png

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Nice thinking with the pampers, this way you can game for longer. Why are you spitting on the CX?

I've identified something worrying in this picture though, why is the plastic film still on the side panel of your computer case? I feel like you're denying yourself pleasure unnecessarily by not peeling that off.
Funny you notice that. I've left that like that just to protect the case. I look at it everyday as some kind of accomplishment of abstinence not peeling that film.

I've got an index there and Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra sitting there like ornaments. Also a nice steering wheel with the seat just to the right of that pic. Gonna probably sell the index and wheel though.

As far as the CX goes, total sarcasm. Hell, the damn thing still gets updates. Just got one yesterday or today. That TV will be with me until it craps out. Still a monster set.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Humanscale freedom with headrest

So damn good, best chair I ever sat on, including office Herman Miller chairs.

I found a local place that recovers office furniture that closes down, there were tons of them at the start of the pandemic. So I called them to know what they had available for chairs, and scored this freedom chair, like brand new, for like $450 Canadian, which is nothing compared to the MSRP.

Last edited:
Top Bottom