• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC gamers what chair are yoy using?

T4keD0wN

I stand out of the respect for the developers like a real Gamer.
JK, some ugly racing chair. They told me its aura will increase my fps, i am starting to think thats bs.
Anyone got office chair recommendations for europe?

nemiroff

Gold Member
A Herman Miller Aeron Remastered with an Atlas headrest.

jh4V8yS.png

(this is the black version I think, mine is graphite)

I've had a lot of chairs, but none of them have been as good for my back in the long run as this one. I can sit in it forever. But it's not a chair to be slouching in.. If you're looking for the recliner feeling and possibly even dozing off, this is not the one.

Last edited:

Kacho

jh4V8yS.png

I've had a lot of chairs, but none of them have been as good for my back in the long run as this one. I can sit in it forever. But it's not a chair to be slouching in.. If you're looking for the recliner feeling and possibly even dozing off, this is not the one.
I use that at the office. Comfy as shit.

I have one of those racing gamer seats and it’s fine but my next chair will be something more traditional.

Lillie

That's a $450USD chair I got free from a coworker. Can't complain. I need to organize my desk too. There's my paltry dual monitor setup lol

Piece of trash 65" CX (I spit on you) bastardised to the entryway area/office/lounge while the 83"C1 hogs the glory in the living room.
20230111_171115wwint.jpg
It's good that City is out

supernova8

Banned
$200 "cheap" office chair from my local home center. Great lumbar support, not fucking leather or fake leather (hate that shit, give me a sweaty-ass ass (yes, ass ass).

One thing I can vouch for after fucking up a few times - never buy a chair online unless you've tried that exact chair in person.

GymWolf

I'm extremely open to advice from europenas gaffers, i'm a big guy, 190 cm for 90-100 kg, so something robust.

Right now i have a gaming chair and it sucks donkey ass.

Is it easy to find these erman miller chairs at good price in europe? Or a good alternative?

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Pink-chair-gaming-chair-office-chair-computer-chair-sillas-ergonomic-chair-home-live-gamer-chair-RGB.jpg

and some lube

jarvfjallet-bureaustoel-met-armleuningen-glose-zwart__1160590_pe888982_s5.jpg

or be boring as fuck and get the JÄRVFJÄLLET from Ikea

Last edited:

GymWolf

Holy shit, these herman miller chairs cost a kidney, lmao.

Are these secretlab titans any good and why are different compared to all the other gaming chairs?

Last edited:

jm89

$200 "cheap" office chair from my local home center. Great lumbar support, not fucking leather or fake leather (hate that shit, give me a sweaty-ass ass (yes, ass ass).

One thing I can vouch for after fucking up a few times - never buy a chair online unless you've tried that exact chair in person.
Agree with leather it's the most uncomfortable material for sitting on for long periods. On cold days it's cold as shit on hot days it's hot as shit, and on normal days your body temp heats up at to make in uncomfortable.

I've moved over to fully mesh chairs, find it even more comfortable then fabric.

Last edited:

Thebonehead

Banned

jh4V8yS.png

dtugkED.jpg
Herman Miller Aeron is always the correct answer

Buggy Loop

Are these secretlab titans any good and why are different compared to all the other gaming chairs?

Really, I highly suggest you find an office furniture that recovers from closed down offices and get a really good chair used, over a gaming chair.

diffusionx

Gold Member

Yes, the Herman Miller chairs (and the Steelcase I use) are very expensive. But think about it. They’re made of high quality materials and are very durable. My chair is six years old and still looks new. I’ve been using it to WFH since the “pandemic” and it’s still great.

The cheaper chairs need to be replaced regularly and start feeling like shit. The more expensive chairs also support your back and butt in a way that the cheaper chairs don’t. I remember when I moved offices from one with shit chairs to one with good chairs, this weird lower back pain I was having just went away. Think about how much time you spend sitting and I think it’s easy to see why spending money on a good, proven chair is really worth it.

GymWolf

Really, I highly suggest you find an office furniture that recovers from closed down offices and get a really good chair used, over a gaming chair.
No offense, but i'm never gonna spend a big amount of money for a used chair, i don't really buy used stuff in general.

Thanks for the advice anyway.

GymWolf

Yes, the Herman Miller chairs (and the Steelcase I use) are very expensive. But think about it. They’re made of high quality materials and are very durable. My chair is six years old and still looks new. I’ve been using it to WFH since the “pandemic” and it’s still great.

The cheaper chairs need to be replaced regularly and start feeling like shit. The more expensive chairs also support your back and butt in a way that the cheaper chairs don’t. I remember when I moved offices from one with shit chairs to one with good chairs, this weird lower back pain I was having just went away. Think about how much time you spend sitting and I think it’s easy to see why spending money on a good, proven chair is really worth it.
My current dxracer chair is like 4 years old and it still looks new, only payed like less than 200 euros for it.

Even a secretlab titan that cost 600 dollars would be a sensible upgrade i think.

On reddit and forums not everyone like the herman miller over the secretlab, chairs are pretty subjective.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
These "gamer chairs" are awful. The actual ergo office style ones are the best.

Also, mesh is king.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
I have an expensive leather executive chair from the mid 2000's I copped when my company moved to a new office space. It's an amazingly comfortable chair. One of the most comfortable I've sat in. I sit in it when I play Populous on my MacBook Pro.

A super cheap piece of crap from Staples. Cloth cushion because I will never use that fake pleather junk that peels all over the place again.

Top Bottom