• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC gamers what chair are yoy using?

Steelcase Leap V2 but I don't like it. It hurts my butt and hurts when I get out of it. I got a seat cushion for it which did not improve. Keeping my eye out for a deal on a Herman Miller to try next

PhoenixTank

One thing I can vouch for after fucking up a few times - never buy a chair online unless you've tried that exact chair in person.
Honestly the best advice. Suggestions here are good as a shortlist to seek out & try but definitely get your cheeks on something in-person. Some do need configuration to suit you as everyone is different.

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
IMG_6431-rotated.jpg

TexMex

I thought I was the only person on this planet that was still around listening to Local H.

I travel everywhere seeing them. Just got back from Chicago seeing them for New Years. My 63rd show. You on their fan page by chance?

This is like 4 years ago, this has doubled in size by now. I should do a newer pic.

Tm7xSX6.png

supernova8

Banned
Honestly the best advice. Suggestions here are good as a shortlist to seek out & try but definitely get your cheeks on something in-person. Some do need configuration to suit you as everyone is different.
For me the most important thing was lower back support. A lot of the garbage on Amazon has little or zero back support. A thin layer is usually not a sufficient substitute for a good lumbar cushion.

It's funny I used to be one of those "meh just get the cheapest one online" types of people until I started having really bad lower back pain. Got this chair and it was gone in a few weeks (plus our quality mattress helped but the chair is what had been doing the damage).

That's not to say I would recommend those $1000+ herman miller chairs etc. unless money really is no object. I work fully remotely at home so I suppose I'm the sort of person who would benefit most from it but I tried one in the shop and my back just didn't like it.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Anyone wants to buy my secretlab evo 2022? I just replaced seatbase and backrest, so these parts are brand new.
It's a good chair but I am looking to upgrade.

Anyone tried Herman Miller Embody or sayl? Are these overhyped ?
-20% off for emobdy now. It's onyl 3 times more expensive than secretlab now lol
I like to have head support which embody lacks... so maybe Vantum ?

Last edited:

twilo99

Steelcase Leap V2 but I don't like it. It hurts my butt and hurts when I get out of it. I got a seat cushion for it which did not improve. Keeping my eye out for a deal on a Herman Miller to try next

Oh did they ruin it?? That's a shame.

I've got an old Steelcase Leap V1 and I've been using it for about 4 years now and its been great

Rickyiez

Changed a few times from

Ikea Markus -> Secretlab Titan -> Haworth zody (used)

Seriously any decent ergo chair is so much better than secretlab or gaming chair that it's not funny. The Secretlab I had has zero cushion and always felt like sitting on a piece of plywood.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Changed a few times from

Seriously any decent ergo chair is so much better than secretlab or gaming chair that it's not funny. The Secretlab I had has zero cushion and always felt like sitting on a piece of plywood.
The problem with m secretlab evo 2022 is that the seat is a bit too firm and lumbar is never comfortable.
And the quality is shoddy. I had already replaced seat and backrest .... So I have new parts now but I am kinda done with secretlab for now.

So yeah, I am researching new chairs.
Embody is very expensive and has no headrest. I would get it if I knew it's good
Ventum from herman miller is supposedly 1000$ crap

hamwoth I have never heard of it. They probably don't even sell it to poland

OverHeat

« generous god »
The problem with m secretlab evo 2022 is that the seat is a bit too firm and lumbar is never comfortable.
And the quality is shoddy. I had already replaced seat and backrest .... So I have new parts now but I am kinda done with secretlab for now.

So yeah, I am researching new chairs.
Embody is very expensive and has no headrest. I would get it if I knew it's good
Ventum from herman miller is supposedly 1000$ crap

hamwoth I have never heard of it. They probably don't even sell it to poland
I ordered a Atlasheadrest to go with my Embody will received it next week the chair will be perfect

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I ordered a Atlasheadrest to go with my Embody will received it next week the chair will be perfect
I just noticed herman miller is not selling to Poland. wtf my cheap ass country....
But there are some retailers.
Actually, Aeron is cheaper than Emody. Which is better?

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

02-x1_15-ed1_front45l-edited-zoom.png

It's big and oversized, and I find it to be incredibly comfortable. About a year ago, I had to buy a new chair for work and asked my boss if I could get one of those instead of one from their corporate catalog. Surprisingly, he agreed - so I'm rocking this at home and at work now, so I spend about 8-12 hours a day in this thing.

Garibaldi

Herman Miller Aeron Gaming. Bought it for work primarily but it's absolutely the best thing my ass has been in.

Last edited:

OverHeat

« generous god »
Dude... don't tempt me...

I can't buy gaming one here but normal Embody and Aeron are available here.
Do You like the chair? Is it overrated maybe ?
What is up with these wheels ?
Best chair ever seriously my vantum was a POS you only pay for the name but the embody is godly

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill

Pewdiepie Edition - Throttle Series (XL)​

clutch_chairz-pewdiepie_edition-gaming_chair-2_0bc12941-e5a0-441b-81ad-045c8dd40239_1800x1800.png

Pewdiepie_chair-THPDP_9_9b40ddd0-6af3-4673-95ee-b70308fff9cd_1800x1800.png

635e127b9c779510161d11a4548d1025.jpg

c521178f3e67a5c8b720264bc2041213.jpg

Last edited:

MikeM

Comfy AF

TastyPastry

an ikea markus which i hate more everyday, i think i'm so done with office chair in general. having to keep sitting in an office chair after work is just the worst, i need something more comfy and i'm open to any suggestions. i've been thinking about a zero gravity battlestation but i'm still single and i fear that once you go down that path there is no turning back.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
an ikea markus which i hate more everyday, i think i'm so done with office chair in general. having to keep sitting in an office chair after work is just the worst, i need something more comfy and i'm open to any suggestions. i've been thinking about a zero gravity battlestation but i'm still single and i fear that once you go down that path there is no turning back.
yeah I feel you. Even secretlab is a huge upgrade form Markus. That was my path.
But now I am looking to upgrade from secretlab :p

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Seeing some good opinions on Razer iskur too. Very simple, no frils chair. Good price too.
Obviously way cheaper than embody and aeron.... maybe worth a try ?
Looks like secretlab copycat so not sure how different it could be

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Went through a couple of recliners my opinion is couches look good but not great for gaming.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
jDhMtZy.jpg
WhCLmt2.jpg

Atlas headrest get!!!
so yeah. I contacted Herman and local herman dealers and NOPE. There is no way of getting that here.
I already sold my secretlab. I had the arctic white softweave color.

So now I am thinking... do I just get another secretlab lol. The original original plan was just to get black secretlab.
Since arctix white got quite dirty over the years, I could just get the black version.
Secretlab is one of very few offering XL models... and I kinda need an XL mode.
also, I must have headrest. I found myself sleeping in my secretlab good few times, so it is useful.

Also, I never had leatherette chair... I mean, I had some 50$ crap 20 years ago as a teen and it was super hot but secretlab got some cool leather models.
Like you know... harry potter lol. Could always just get fabric skin for it in the future.

Anyone used leather secretlab? Is it any softer or firmer than softweave? Does it peel and crack?

What the hell else amd I going to get?! No way I am getting used office chairs. I dont want aeron either.
Razer got the enki model which is very promising but I think the seat width is too small. It is only 35cm near the ass area and 45 at the end of the sear

tr1p1ex

I use my son's half broken chair that I bought him years ago from Target for $30ish.

Before that I used a metal folding chair for a few years.

twilo99

Changed a few times from

How do you like the Zody?

There is a Zody 2 now which is supposed to be better I guess

kiphalfton

I think it's a dexley or hyken from staples.

I'm cheap; I hate spending any more than $150 for office chairs or desks.

You don't need a fancy gaming chair if you're not fat and reasonably fit. But that filters out half the population these days.

The funny thing is, if you know how to sit properly, you don't need a better chair than this. I used to have spinal problems and after 2 hours of sitting my back would always hurt. Now I can sit for 10 hours straight and my back feels great, all because I have fixed my posture and (re)learned how to sit properly. We people don't need chairs with backrests, and if someone insists on using such a 'comfortable' chair, it's only a matter of time before their spine starts to hurt, because vertabree will simply not align properly if your pelvis (the base of your spine) is rotated backwards (backrest support will always force your pelvis into this unnatural position). Expensive gaming chairs are useless, and people who use them will look like cripples because of forward head posture and no visible neck because of spine comression.

Last edited:

mopspear

Wooden chair and then a chair they sell for churches without pews. I alternate when I'm tired of sitting on one or the other. Then I also have a chair from a restaurant I used to work at for my Warhammer desk.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
OK another update.
Got Secretlab Evo 2022 black3 color to replace my arctic white.
Seem great so far. SC for sure did changed around their production process in last 2 years.
First things I've noticed on this new chair compared to my release date evo 2022 arctic white:
-Armrests are no longer wobbly
-Armrests padding is softer and surface is different. More coarse maybe. Feels better.
-Armrests and all are quite even on this unit.
-Black3 fabric is a bit softer maybe compared to acrtic white but I can be imagining things.
-Lumbar and other adjustments are silent. nice.
-Not sure if the seat is softer yet... maybe. Feels good too.

So yeah, even though it's the same model, I wanted to change the color and it's here

auxAP2P.jpg

Top Bottom