• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Perfect Dark Zero!!! (1UP)

'This is a work in progress,' says Program Manager Richard Cousins. 'This is not the final look of the game. You want to take what you see with a grain of salt.'

as of when? 6:30 this afternoon when everyone laughed at them?

quetz67

Banned
skip said:
in relation to what che said about development and what was written in the 1up story, I was going over the EGM feature's interview transcripts and thought that people should be aware of another quote:

seems obvious that they're going to be working on this until the last possible moment, but hey. look where we are.

the last possible moment is in about 3 month

IJoel

skip said:
in relation to what che said about development and what was written in the 1up story, I was going over the EGM feature's interview transcripts and thought that people should be aware of another quote:

seems obvious that they're going to be working on this until the last possible moment, but hey. look where we are.

I wouldn't worry much if they had enough time left. But launch occurs in November, which means they have to pretty much be finishing debugging by October (being very aggressive.) That leaves them with 5 more months. It's just not too much time left, and well, I'm not sold on the style of the game either. Looks void of personality, at least those mp pics.

quetz67

Banned
which means they have to pretty much be finishing debugging by October (being very aggressive.)
They need to have the master ready by then. Every game should at least have 2-3 month of beta or it will probably be bug infested. I dont think Microsoft will take any risks with THE launch game

olimario said:
Looks clean
Animation is slick
and most of all it looks fun.

Still, not terribly impressive graphically.

you smoke crack don't you Oli?

You bitch about Grass but you praise this POS?

Damn must you always be the wildcard?

:lol :lol :lol

xsarien

daedsiluap
quetz67 said:
They need to have the master ready by then. Every game should at least have 2-3 month of beta or it will probably be bug infested. I dont think Microsoft will take any risks with THE launch game

Well, they certainly managed to fuck up the unveiling of THE launch game, didn't they?

Odnetnin

Banned
Hello guys, do you actually believe RARE PR?

How long did they spend on....

KAMEO
CONKER.

and where are thes chart toppers? that's all I need to say. :)

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Its been an hour and im already sick of the wall guy crap, can we just stop it before it begins?

Hero

Ghost said:
Its been an hour and im already sick of the wall guy crap, can we just stop it before it begins?

If you're sick of it, didn't it already begin?

Wow, this game looks like shit though. Current gen games look better than this.

Glad MS blew their wad before E3, now I just have to concentrate on Sony and Nintendo's E3 unveilings.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
before this unveiling i told myself that i would get PD0 when i bought myself an xbox360

after this unveiling i now tell myself that i will get kameo IF i buy myself an xbox360

:(

what the fuck.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
chespace said:
I really have to stress that the game is running on unfinished hardware... a CPU with only two of its three cores and a much weaker ATI graphics card. These screens were grabbed off of that dev kit, I'm sure. Wait until E3... hopefully they'll show single-player and it will look much better. ;)

This is true..but it still doesn't look look like a game should, being coded specifically for a dual-core 9800/X800 system. A game coded specifically for that setup should still look better than any PC game out there, to be honest (most PC games are still coded with DX7-level hardware as the minimum spec..this doesn't look like a game coded for, and only for, a dual core DX9-level system). In other words, this is no excuse.

Merlin

Banned
gofreak said:
Has 1up actually pulled the screens? Or is it just a bandwidth issue? Che?

The pages are there but the images are GONE! If it was bandwidth they'd surely remove the whole pages and not just the pictures cause people will still go looking for them.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Sorry, we had a slight hiccup earlier that caused the site to go down momentarily.

It's been up for a while now... and the screens should all be there.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
ecliptic said:
Fake or Old Version:
media.jpg

that excuse was already used up for DOA4 . please use another.

Uter

Smiles and Cries said:
you smoke crack don't you Oli?

You bitch about Grass but you praise this POS?

Damn must you always be the wildcard?

:lol :lol :lol

This is the guy who spread nude photos of himself all over the net and then went and traded nude photos of his girlfriend to be able to get a PSP. I would always just expect his gaming opinions to in some way mirror his sordid life, if only in unabashed absurdity.

Top Bottom