• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Perfect Dark Zero!!! (1UP)

quetz67

Banned
GashPrex said:
Here is my hope with rare and PD0

Remember conker live and reloaded when it was first announced for xbox

and look where it is now
There are 1-2 years inbetween

If xbox 360 is released in Oct/Nov PD0 has to go into beta stage in about 3 month. And beta means no more major changes in gameplay, graphics etc.

Dalamar86

catfish said:
Well after watching the video, I can definately say that perfect dark 0 is.......

....... Completely overshadowed by what a complete tosser that american male "pro gamer" was. "YEAH, We lost, but we are the better team!" ass.

Killers was on there as well.

Loathe to say it, but the video did make it look a lot cooler than wall guy.
EDIT: I really would like to discuss further what a dick that guy on the video was. The quick fire "how many polygons? DESTRUCTIBLE ENVIRONMENTS?! FULLY DESTRUCTABLE?!" was vomit inducing.

I dunno, that girl that had to say "bitch" every time she spoke a sentance was pretty great too. Real group of winners they pulled together.

PD0 looks like shit in shots, but after seeing it in action it's actually not that bad. Jet packing around looks fun. I just hope that it can truly look next-gen before launch, Rare can do amazing graphics (look at Conker and Kameo). There's still a chance that it can be a killer-app at launch, just get all of rare to concentrate on it till launch and it could be feasible.

Rorschach

JackFrost2012 said:
wallguy.jpg
:lol

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
quetz67 said:
There are 1-2 years inbetween

If xbox 360 is released in Oct/Nov PD0 has to go into beta stage in about 3 month. And beta means no more major changes in gameplay, graphics etc.

so you don't think PD0 at launch will look far better than these ass screens...i'd take that bet any day

ecliptic

Banned
That is in no way the X360 version of Perfect Dark Zero. Matter of fact I declare them fake or very very old. Joanna doesn't even look like that. Anyone who has watched the MTV special should see the differences in quality and design immediately.

Rorschach

ecliptic said:
That is in no way the X360 version of Perfect Dark Zero. Matter of fact I declare them fake or very very old. Joanna doesn't even look like that. Anyone who has watched the MTV special should see the differences in quality and design immediately.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
So which one of you sluts is going to cosplay Wallguy for E3 (with NES zapper).

I demand satisfaction! :lol

ecliptic said:

Exactly. It just doesn't add up...but why would MS release old shots anyways? Are they fucking mad?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
RE4 vs. SH4 said:
Maybe, just maybe, it's the Xbox build. Xbox could certainly handle it.

No. Xbox couldn't handle what you see before you.

Some of the environments look half completed and what not. Joanna Dark looks very incomplete. (like no normal maps, no shaders, only textures)

I'd say this game will look fairly nice when it comes out, it just looks half assed in it's current form

look at the captures with a higher contrast in photoshop too, looks a bit better :)

ecliptic

Banned
I doubt MS released them at all. I think they got leaked and 1UP snatched them up without even taking a second glance so they could have their "exclusive".

IJoel

ecliptic said:

HEY HEY HEY!

He's dissing WALL GUY!

normal_BanHim.jpg

:p

I've been in #ga throughout this entire tragic affair, but I felt I had to make my presence known here if only to say: Wall Guy is THE WAY. All others are pretenders.

skip

I doubt MS released them at all. I think they got leaked and 1UP snatched them up without even taking a second glance so they could have their "exclusive".

these 4 shots are among the shots that were given to EGM by microsoft for their upcoming cover story, which has recently gone to print. if I had to guess, they are around 3 weeks old. at most.

so, shut up.

ecliptic said:
Those screenshots in no way represent how PDZ looks right now.
YES. YOU'RE EXACTLY RIGHT! The screens are in no way associated with EGM's upcoming PERFECT DARK ZERO cover story! You've cracked the case!

Mifune

Mehmber
I hate to say it, but the only hope for this game is a long delay. Like a year after launch delay.

When SFA was first shown at E3, it was in similar shape. And it took a long time to come out.

ecliptic said:
Wow, you're exceptionally dumb. Did you bother to read 1up's story? They traveled to Rare's own headquarters to get the official scoop of the game. Those screens were given to them by official sources.

As it is now, PDO looks like total crap, accept it and move on.

fallout

metsallica said:
I've been in #ga throughout this entire tragic affair, but I felt I had to make my presence known here if only to say: Wall Guy is THE WAY. All others are pretenders.
Preach the WG love brotha!

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Why the FUCK do they have battle armor on? That isn't fuggin PD0 wtf is this shit it looks like a Halo rip-off? I really feel like kickin somebody in the nuts right now but I won't say who.

FUCK!

EDIT: Ok, Ok I'm calming down now but I just got home from a friends college graduation party and we were both talking about how awsome PD0 would be on the 360. This is just Fucked up and so was that MTV special.

GashPrex said:
Here is my hope with rare and PD0

Remember conker live and reloaded when it was first announced for xbox

xb_conker05131200_screen008.jpg

xb_conker05131200_screen006.jpg

and look where it is now

914940_20050509_screen001.jpg

914940_20050509_screen002.jpg

You do realise that you're comparing multiplayer screens to single player screens? The multiplayer, while quite nice looking, is no wear near as detailed as the single player. It's significantly toned down to keep the framerate up in multiplayer.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
You guys are brutal, man. Absolutely brutal.

So nobody gives a shit about Xbox 360 system info anymore? :D

ourumov

Nintendo cand be criticized for a lot of things but the day they sold Rare they did the greatest bussiness in the industry ever.
Unless Rare HQ have petroleum under them...

IJoel

chespace said:
You guys are brutal, man. Absolutely brutal.

Come on Che, you can't deny it looks AWFUL!

Besides, who wouldn't love poor Wall Guy hanging for poor life. Someone at least has some sense to hide.

thorns

Banned
chespace said:

The specs are really great, but some of the developers have underwhelmed me...
I mean epic is so far ahead of some of the others that it's not funny. MS should really buy them and keep the tech to themselves.

chespace

I really have to stress that the game is running on unfinished hardware... a CPU with only two of its three cores and a much weaker ATI graphics card. These screens were grabbed off of that dev kit, I'm sure. Wait until E3... hopefully they'll show single-player and it will look much better. ;)

IJoel

chespace said:
I really have to stress that the game is running on unfinished hardware... a CPU with only two of its three cores and a much weaker ATI graphics card. These screens were grabbed off of that dev kit, I'm sure. Wait until E3... hopefully they'll show single-player and it will look much better. ;)

The other "issue" is that they seem to be wanting to make PD0 mp as some sort of Battlefield game. But then, BF looks infinitely better and runs on similar hardware as the one you probably got these shots from.

Zilch

Banned
chespace said:

Che, friend, you know this is no excuse. MS/Rare can't show off a flagship title for their new system while it's in such a state and not expect this kind of reaction.

Pug

Che, its bleeding obvious these games are extremely early and only being show for the MTV launch. As usual people go overboard but hey it makes them feel happy.

chespace said:

That's what I'm saying. There's still hope for this game, the MTV special is enough for me to think so.

Zilch said:
Che, friend, you know this is no excuse. MS/Rare can't show off a flagship title for their new system while it's in such a state and not expect this kind of reaction.

For sure, REALLY stupid move on MS's part. But all is not lost IMO.

chespace

thorns said:
The specs are really great, but some of the developers have underwhelmed me...
I mean epic is so far ahead of some of the others that it's not funny. MS should really buy them and keep the tech to themselves.

NBA 2K6 looks amazing, but it wasn't gameplay I saw so for all I know it could have been any ol' FMV. And yet, Peter Moore promised Shoe and I up and down that the game would look that good, but would be populated by a full court of players. Ghost Recon 3 is super fucking amazing in motion... it's more a matter of good animation than anything else.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3140460

DMczaf

chespace said:
NBA 2K6 looks amazing, but it wasn't gameplay I saw so for all I know it could have been any ol' FMV. And yet, Peter Moore promised Shoe and I up and down that the game would look that good, but would be populated by a full court of players. Ghost Recon 3 is super fucking amazing in motion... it's more a matter of good animation than anything else.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3140460

Did you guys see Madden yet?

skip

in relation to what che said about development and what was written in the 1up story, I was going over the EGM feature's interview transcripts and thought that people should be aware of another quote:

'This is a work in progress,' says Program Manager Richard Cousins. 'This is not the final look of the game. You want to take what you see with a grain of salt.'

seems obvious that they're going to be working on this until the last possible moment, but hey. look where we are.

Top Bottom