• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 4 |OT| Gods Will Be Watching – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

Awesome premiere. I hope that they work more often together with Elias with him and Scarface as their extended team.
And yes, I really hope for a batcave. Last scene was missing some scared bats when Harold stumbled.

edit: I made a few screenshots. I tried to find every shot of Samaritans view.
i37DPbgr86vvZ.png
I love how they have marked Crimea and the East Ukrainian conflict.

Wiktor

So many great moments and lines

"It wasn't my weapon" :D

"Appears to be some kind of traffic accident"

The Bat cave
Also..that Shaw's look of utter happiness when they got the numbers, like a kid waking up on Christmas day to see presents stuck under the tree

Great premiere and it will be very interesting to see them forced to work in more covert way.

Gaz_RB

I think my favorite line from the episode is when the son is talking to his dad on the phone and his dad is like "We are the store." Doesn't really translate to text well but just the way he said it cracked me up.

Cracked me up too. So many things wrong with that line haha.

Great episode though.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I think my favorite line from the episode is when the son is talking to his dad on the phone and his dad is like "We are the store." Doesn't really translate to text well but just the way he said it cracked me up.

Still, that line served a great purpose. Basically, that whole conversation could also be geared towards Harold (who is sitting there).

We have to realize,that Harold's also "down/depressed" because he lost his own store (The Library), but hearing that little bit, that the physical store doesn't really matter, the people that run it do.

Losing the Library doesn't matter, Team Machine does. Anyplace can be home.

Though, having an AI make up an entire thesis paper, add in code disguised as little typo's, have it given to an anal-retentive school administrator that actually would go to the trouble and proofread the whole thing, leading to the discovery of the ReeseCave, well....that's pretty special.

I do hope it's actually more than just "a new base." My first reaction was The Machine's servers. But, thinking on it, if Team Machine had access to the full data, ala Samaritan, the procedural pieces kind of go away a bit (From knowing who is a victim and who isn't).

We're gonna need to come up with various names for the new Base, though.

Karu

Another premiere, another rather unimpressive episode. Didn't really grab me, but that was to expected, since PoI rarely sets me on fire this early on. Curiously awaiting the first mid-season bang.

DAT INTRO LOGO
THOSE JOBS
THE STORY
DAT REMINDER TO CARTER !
DAT ENDING MUSIC

ALL PERFECT

619218Hyperventilation.gif

PERFECT OPENER FOR S04 !!!

!!!! THIS SHOW !!!!!
!!!! THIS SHOW !!!!!
!!!! THIS SHOW !!!!!
!!!! THIS SHOW !!!!!

Tamanon

Banned
1.8/5 with 10.7 million viewers. Down from last year, but all of CBS is down from then. Still not too bad for the premiere!

For reference:

NCIS got a 2.9/10 with 18 million viewers
NCIS:NO 2.5/7 with 17.1 million viewers.

1.8/5 with 10.7 million viewers. Down from last year, but all of CBS is down from then. Still not too bad for the premiere!

For reference:

NCIS got a 2.9/10 with 18 million viewers
NCIS:NO 2.5/7 with 17.1 million viewers.
Reg NCIS opener was really good, will check out NCIS NO after dinner (yeah I'm one of THOSE people)

Ik lees een goed document over stochastische controle theorie zou ik graag delen
(I read a good paper on stochastic control theory I'd like to share)
https://twitter.com/BearDeHond/status/514597451253043200
hahahahah this is fantastic as a Dutch person I can read these and that makes it even funnier :D

Tamanon

Banned
Reg NCIS opener was really good, will check out NCIS NO after dinner (yeah I'm one of THOSE people)

hahahahah this is fantastic as a Dutch person I can read these and that makes it even funnier :D

I actually enjoyed NCIS NO more than the LA branch. It was a pretty down to earth case but set in motion some pretty big plotlines. They definitely put a bunch of New Orleans references in, but it worked just fine, IMO.

Also, they replaced the lab tech from the pilot crossover with some nerdy white guy.:(

Frog-fu

Banned
Premiere wasn't quite as strong as I would have liked, but good enough in that it brought some familiar elements to the front whilst simultaneously adding to the overarching plot.

Also, Elias is always a plus.

mrmisterwaa

Neo Member
DAT INTRO LOGO
THOSE JOBS
THE STORY
DAT REMINDER TO CARTER !
DAT ENDING MUSIC

ALL PERFECT

619218Hyperventilation.gif

PERFECT OPENER FOR S04 !!!

!!!! THIS SHOW !!!!!
!!!! THIS SHOW !!!!!
!!!! THIS SHOW !!!!!
!!!! THIS SHOW !!!!!

That is exactly how I felt when I watched the episode.

Spoilers:
I suspect what Finch found was the computer.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
amazing premiere, as expected. Show is ridiculously good. Could have used a bit more Root, but im a Root fanboy so...

also, at the end, that had to be
The Machine correct? It did relocate itself back in season...2? 3?

Just realise we never actually met 'Dominic'. Could it be Elias starting back up?

Also on a rewatch I noticed when John and Fusco are on the roof with the body, you can see one of the routers in the background. Nice bit of foreshadowing.

Tugatrix

great return, that reveal of Fusco new partner so good...

Shaw is about to blow her cover, also machine is preparing his move against samaritan hell yeah

Chariot

great return, that reveal of Fusco new partner so good...

Shaw is about to blow her cover, also machine is preparing his move against samaritan hell yeah
Will she? I thought the Machine send her on a date with "Romeo". Samaritan fights terrorists, not common thieves. Greese agents won't hunt down some team of burglars. I mean, she isn't targeting alias or any of the organized crime in NY. She won't care for some thieves.

Tugatrix

Will she? I thought the Machine send her on a date with "Romeo". Samaritan fights terrorists, not common thieves. Greese agents won't hunt down some team of burglars. I mean, she isn't targeting alias or any of the organized crime in NY. She won't care for some thieves.

It's important for her cover to maintain it, surface with criminals will ring some bells on Samaritan.

But ok the machine set the date maybe the machine has some plans

Chariot

It's important for her cover to maintain it, surface with criminals will ring some bells on Samaritan.

But ok the machine set the date maybe the machine has some plans
I always thought Samaritan only judged on base of threat to national security, opposed to the machine who also looked into threat to single members of the public. Maybe Root and the Machine wrote a certain tendency to criminal behaviour in Shaw's persona. So Samaritan sees: "yup, person is a latent criminal, percentage of her falling into crime was very high, but she is no big threat to the system or the country. Disregard."

It's just that John tend to do overkill. While some burglars, even bankrobbers won't draw much attention, some single guy taking out an entire gang certainly will, especially with the legend of the man in the suit. Nobody talks about the hammer lady.

Ithil

I feel like an early season 1 episode would have felt the need to have a line explaining that it was Carter's desk at the end, but luckily this show's writing has evolved and now expects the viewer to remember.

Great start to the season.

Lonestar

Yeah, I liked that they didn't feel the need to show a flashback, or have a piece of dialogue to remind the audience whose desk it was. Just another subtle fact showing why the show is one of the best.

About the body on the roof with the wirecutters: Was that ever really solved? I mean, John sort of used the fact that the store had a similar version, to imply the stores involvement with the body, but, that seemed like that was it.

Was the guy up there cutting something? Was he installing the router? Trying to destroy the router? The POI doesn't seem like the guy that would already be killing folks messing with it, and The Brotherhood wanted the network, so they wouldn't have a guy up there cutting. They'd kill someone messing with it.

So, if the dead guy was killed to stop him from stopping the network, who would send a guy up there to do so?

Why do I feel like it's a seed for a plotline in the future.

Also, Scarface grabbing what looked like one of the Network Phones. Wonder if that was part of John's payment to Elias, or was it something Elias (thru Scarface) planned on grabbing. I'd feel like an underground Mob Boss would like to have access to an untraceable phone network (since he definitely knows to keep phones out of earshot)

Chariot

Yeah, I liked that they didn't feel the need to show a flashback, or have a piece of dialogue to remind the audience whose desk it was. Just another subtle fact showing why the show is one of the best.

About the body on the roof with the wirecutters: Was that ever really solved? I mean, John sort of used the fact that the store had a similar version, to imply the stores involvement with the body, but, that seemed like that was it.

Was the guy up there cutting something? Was he installing the router? Trying to destroy the router? The POI doesn't seem like the guy that would already be killing folks messing with it, and The Brotherhood wanted the network, so they wouldn't have a guy up there cutting. They'd kill someone messing with it.

So, if the dead guy was killed to stop him from stopping the network, who would send a guy up there to do so?

Why do I feel like it's a seed for a plotline in the future.

Also, Scarface grabbing what looked like one of the Network Phones. Wonder if that was part of John's payment to Elias, or was it something Elias (thru Scarface) planned on grabbing. I'd feel like an underground Mob Boss would like to have access to an untraceable phone network (since he definitely knows to keep phones out of earshot)
My guess was that it was one of Samaritans agents. I don't know who else would have the knowledge, the assets and the will to kill someone who is in a small window of time without a hidden connection. Then again, I Samaritan would have a easy time tracking the store down from the gang, seeing how they just walk into it.

In any case its something to watch out, yes.

Leks

This season gets off to a very good start, best premiere for the show. Elias joining the team was the peak of this episode.

Martine looks threatening, can't wait to see her fighting against Shaw.
I first thought she was Sarah Rafferty from Suits, they can be twins. :eek:

Person of Interest is back!

ihnxf9qzzmrh0vpp9r.gif

Lonestar

Rated down, and ended up in last place in the slot...

NCIS procedurals don't match well with it's serialized format...

DSN2K

so so so good opening. 4th season and it still felt incredibly fresh and exciting.
I'm thinking that's the location of the Machine

trinest

The fact that they didn't show the entire place makes me think you are right.

The machine knew this was coming so relocated/acquired computers simular to finiches past setup and hes just walked into a room which is like his old library and is god snapped.

Alternitively a dead drop laptop for him to communicate with the machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom