• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 4 |OT| Gods Will Be Watching – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Eminence Front was playing during that scene ai felt like I could do anything, like seduce Amy Acker.

AE76HxZ.gif

Chariot

I've never used Spotify. Can I put that on my phone? Does it use data? How's it work?
Spotify is free, but you can't use it on the phone and has to endure advertisement every 3 or 4 songs.
The monthlyfee for premium is pretty low for the gigantic music library you get to stream and download in high quality. I use it for about a year and am pretty satisfied, there are a few bands that I miss there (like Rammstein, die Ärzte and a lot of japanese ones), but you get almost everything popular and most of the stuff from the US and europe, even offical game and tv soundtracks. For the inoffical ones, there are playlists that collect all songs that aren't on the OST.

I need to rewatch Relevance. Such a god-tier episode.

Hey POI-GAF, guess who I met today? =) <3

Jx4Jb1Z.jpg

FUCK YOU, RAY, YOU LUCKY BASTARD.

you can but unless you pay all the songs on a playlist or album play randomly (spotify android app)

Send me a link of one of those playlists I can only find Rebecca black for Christ sake

One of these days I'm gonna put everything in a massive playlist and distribute it to POI-GAF.

One day.

Edit: I miss Hersh too. It's crazy how this show can make you miss one of the bad guys!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I need to rewatch Relevance. Such a god-tier episode.

FUCK YOU, RAY, YOU LUCKY BASTARD.

One of these days I'm gonna put everything in a massive playlist and distribute it to POI-GAF.

One day.

Edit: I miss Hersh too. It's crazy how this show can make you miss one of the bad guys!

I still miss Mark Snow.

Also, looking at that playlist surprised me, with how many licensed bits of music that have been on. I know of the big moments we've talked about, but that's only about 1/3rd of that list. Seems almost like every episode has at least one song in it.

StuBurns

Banned
=)

SHE WAS SO NICE AND SO PRETTY AND I SHOOK HER HAND
THE THINGS I WOULD DO TO THAT HAND, I CAN'T EVEN LEGALLY TELL YOU.

I really liked the first episode, not enough Root, but they need to build up people's tolerance over the season for fear of their viewers' blood-pressure. The Batcave was so rad. The only thing I didn't really like was how convenient the private phone network thing was. Of course fictionally the computer did it on purpose to cause them to get the network, so I know it makes logical sense within the show, but I felt like the return to the standard loop of an episode was too soon, I was hoping for a couple of episodes dedicated to cleaning up the end of the last season before they were on numbers again.

BokehKing

Banned
I just caught up...

Did Finch find the batcave or what?!?

I love this show, such a shame it continues to air at 10 and doesn't stream on netflix, everyone needs to watch this series, it's amazing.

Elias, Scarface, the carter's desk moment, this show is so damn powerful

Next week's episode looks like something I saw on 'numbers' years ago

Lonestar

finally finished the podcast, and it's decent as usual. I like that they go through their own theories, whether they end up working or not.

Seems like the prevalent theory of the underground "cave" (beyond just Library 2.0), is the possible location of the Machine. Thinking on an "Finch's Emotions" level, and how he's become disillusioned with TM (after the "Kill the Senator" mission), that perhaps it would expose itself to Finch as an apology. "Turn me off if necessary."

Also, I like that they still want to believe in the Ingram theory, even though I jumped off that train a couple years ago.

Little over 24 hours to go now...

Also, I like that they still want to believe in the Ingram theory, even though I jumped off that train a couple years ago.
Remind me with spoiler tag again please thanks :)

Also yeah podcast was decent again, I would really like them to go more scene by scene like a lot of podcast specific shows do.

Lonestar

Remind me with spoiler tag again please thanks :)

Also yeah podcast was decent again, I would really like them to go more scene by scene like a lot of podcast specific shows do.

The thought that Ingram is still alive/faked his death. The old theory was that he was at the top of Decima. Now, it's just the dream of having him still be alive, and whether he'd be a anti-team Finch villain or not.

Ingram theory is ridiculous cause he got blowed up good.

And I know people will say "But Kara survived Ordos!"

And I say, "So?"

Him being dead is pretty essential to Finch's character. And why would he turn up as a villain? He'd be proud of Finch.

ZenaxPure

For me that Ingram theory has always felt cheap. It's the kind of plot twist I would expect in a crazier show, not POI. I feel like if you start having crazy "reveals" like that it cheapens what death means on a show (because you can always say HAHA FOOLED YA anytime you want a character back), and I don't think POI can afford that. Death and dealing with death has always been a big part of the show for each of the characters, Jessica, Ingram, Stills, Elias' Mom, Root's friend, etc. I feel like the quality of the show would drop if they tried to bring any character back from the dead.

As for Kara, IIRC she was revealed to be alive in the exact episode that showed her supposedly dying so I don't think the comparison is really appropriate.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I've always wondered why Greer mentioned to Kara: "My employers have a hint of what happens next". Then in the episode when we are aware of the virus that has affected the Machine he is shown talking to someone in the phone.

Who are his employers? I want to know dammit.

ZenaxPure

Who are his employers? I want to know dammit.

Yeah, this season opening has made me really interested in knowing more about Greer. If Decima is no longer a company then does that mean it was just a name they used to set their plan in motion? Seems like there is some sort of mysterious entity behind Greer that all this time I just kind of assumed was Decima, but, I guess we have no real idea.

Wiktor

Ingram theory is ridiculous cause he got blowed up good.

And I know people will say "But Kara survived Ordos!"

And I say, "So?"

Him being dead is pretty essential to Finch's character. And why would he turn up as a villain? He'd be proud of Finch.
Yep.Before they showed how he died it was plausible. But when he was shown to die while trying to do what Finch is now....that's just beautiful in a sad, but touchin way. It would cheapen previous moments.

They screwed up once with this sort of thing, by revealing the abusive sherif wasn't the first man he put into jail on fake drug charges. It removed most of the ambiguity from the ending of rapist episode, which to me was the moment where I sat and though "Wow, thi show can be so incredible?!!!". Of course, I can always tell myself it wasn't certain thing, but still..it damaged a beautiful previous scene and I hope they won't repeat this mistake.

exYle

Yep.Before they showed how he died it was plausible. But when he was shown to die while trying to do what Finch is now....that's just beautiful in a sad, but touchin way. It would cheapen previous moments.

They screwed up once with this sort of thing, by revealing the abusive sherif wasn't the first man he put into jail on fake drug charges. It removed most of the ambiguity from the ending of rapist episode, which to me was the moment where I sat and though "Wow, thi show can be so incredible?!!!". Of course, I can always tell myself it wasn't certain thing, but still..it damaged a beautiful previous scene and I hope they won't repeat this mistake.

...I liked that.

Sober

Yo stop playing Shadow of Mordor for an hour and watch POI

"Nautilus"

Although Finch insists that he no longer wishes to help with new numbers, his interest is piqued when Reese learns that the newest POI is a brilliant college student engaged in a mysterious, life-and-death scavenger hunt.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I am ready!
Also, I'm not checking out Shadow of Mordor until I get a PS4. Hopefully soon.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Shadow of Mordor is more PoI than Watch Dogs.

Hah, just had to crap on that damn game. Can't wait for the episode!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Before WD came out, I really wanted Ubi and WB to team up and make a PoI game with the WD engine. But then... nooooo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom