• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 4 |OT| Gods Will Be Watching – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apoc29

Kneecapping? Check.
Force pair? Check.
Thrown through window? Check.
Bird alias? Check.
T-bone with truck? Check.
Root/Shaw sexual tension? Check.

POI is back baby!

Doorman

Finally caught up with last night's episode. So glad this series is back!

As soon as Reese mentioned "then I'll find someone who doesn't [play by the rules]" my mind instantly went to Elias, so admittedly I geeked out a little when he showed up, but at the same time I feel like his role in things is incredibly nebulous now. He was in jail for a while as a primary antagonist, got out, Carter turned to him at a time, and now Reese is doing the same, but what is he actually up to anymore? He referred to his "younger days" of criminal networking as though he's out of the game, but he still has his resources? With his own access to the private network he's obviously back in play, but to what end?

I'm glad that Shaw will have something more interesting to do than complain about her retail job. Plus it sets up nicely some potential of her trying to juggle her secret life as a criminal with her secret secret life as a member of Team Machine along with trying to hold down a "normal" cover. Should be fun.

I really hope that this season they don't also forget about the Neo-Root problem-solver-for-hire antagonist from last season's 911 call center episode. He went quiet after that episode and in the post-Samaritan world I'm not sure how exactly he'll fit in, but I'm at least hoping they didn't set that up only to ignore it from now on.

Wiktor

Finally caught up with last night's episode. So glad this series is back!

As soon as Reese mentioned "then I'll find someone who doesn't [play by the rules]" my mind instantly went to Elias, so admittedly I geeked out a little when he showed up, but at the same time I feel like his role in things is incredibly nebulous now. He was in jail for a while as a primary antagonist, got out, Carter turned to him at a time, and now Reese is doing the same, but what is he actually up to anymore? He referred to his "younger days" of criminal networking as though he's out of the game, but he still has his resources? With his own access to the private network he's obviously back in play, but to what end?

I'm glad that Shaw will have something more interesting to do than complain about her retail job. Plus it sets up nicely some potential of her trying to juggle her secret life as a criminal with her secret secret life as a member of Team Machine along with trying to hold down a "normal" cover. Should be fun.

I think Elias will be used a lot more this season, because criminal acts seem like the perfect way to disguise the team's more agressive operations. Samaritan ignores non-terrorist crimes after all.

I really hope that this season they don't also forget about the Neo-Root problem-solver-for-hire antagonist from last season's 911 call center episode. He went quiet after that episode and in the post-Samaritan world I'm not sure how exactly he'll fit in, but I'm at least hoping they didn't set that up only to ignore it from now on.
If there's one thing I've learned is that PoI team doesn't ignore anything. I'm sure he will eventually return, same with the ex-MI6 spy

Kneecapping? Check.
Force pair? Check.
Bird alias? Check.

POI is back baby!

That's pretty funny. It's gonna be a great season and I am glad this thread is active when the show airs.

Another premiere, another rather unimpressive episode. Didn't really grab me, but that was to expected, since PoI rarely sets me on fire this early on. Curiously awaiting the first mid-season bang.

Yeah, I remember thinking the third season had a slow start. The first few episodes bored me, but then it quickly escalated with the HR plotline.

I was a little disappointed with the fourth season opener, but only because I was hoping the writers would let things hang in limbo for a couple episodes, show us Samaritan at work, before settling into the new status quo. I loved the opening in Budapest, I wanted more of that. I didn't want them to rush into the new status quo right away, but at the same time, I can't complain about how they've gone about establishing it because it's pretty great.

Finch discovering the HF antenna network was a great turn. The callbacks with Elias discussing HR and the whale, and the moment of silence as Reese stands at Carter's desk... all of it just fucking on point, a great reminder of things past while setting up for the future. I love that one of the villains from the first season is still in play, and looking to make some big moves again. And Reese and Fusco as partners? Hell. Yes. Plus, potentially two new villains already established for this season.

It always seems to take POI a few episodes to get going, but looking back, this was a solid beginning. A much more promising start than the third season.

Kneecapping? Check.
Force pair? Check.
Bird alias? Check.

POI is back baby!

MOqAti7.gif

It always seems to take POI a few episodes to get going, but looking back, this was a solid beginning. A much more promising start than the third season.

Then again, I just watched the preview for next week's episode, and that shit looks cheesy as hell. I almost had a heart attack for a split second there when the narrator said "the only way to win a dangerous game" because I thought it meant Alistair Wesley, but... nope, that just looks dumb.

Motoko

I really love this show. The premiere was Amazing. Now I'm too curious to see what Finch discovered in the bat cave.

Oni Jazar

So John finds out the guy is typing a message to detonate a bomb, he chases after the car, jump on, breaks the window, subdues two guys, gets the phone, jumps out the car and throws the phone away all before the guy pushes SEND!

Futurematic

So John finds out the guy is typing a message to detonate a bomb, he chases after the car, jump on, breaks the window, subdues two guys, gets the phone, jumps out the car and throws the phone away all before the guy pushes SEND!

He hits send before John throws the phone, but yes you are otherwise correct.

The Man in the Suit is always running speculative spacetime strategies, he simply picks the one that leads to success.

PoI always gets me with its montages and OST, man. That was great.

Can't wait for Reese and blonde terminator to meet up.

That's gonna be pure sex.

He hits send before John throws the phone, but yes you are otherwise correct.

The Man in the Suit is always running speculative spacetime strategies, he simply picks the one that leads to success.

This show is so sci-fi, I could believe that.

Phlebas

Banned
Didn't expect Elias to be used like that.

Excited for the new season.

I want to know what Roots cover is supposed to be.

Meanwhile, in Sons of Anarchy...
rXJv3Ot.gif

yelawolf song was great in sons of anarchy

anyways this was pretty good episode. minimal root fucking around with the team which is always a blessing. show is always at it's best when it's reese/shaw/finch/carter(RIP). with some fusco fuckery. which i'm sure we'll be getting now that they're partners

Sketchbag

Banned
Seems as if Elias now has access to that phone network. Probably will listen in on calls. Learn about Machine and fuse with it. Mecha-Elias.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I bet there'll be hot sex betwen the Samaritan ninja and Reese and Samaritan will be watching all jelly.

So I should watch the 100?

Great episode!

Also, does Root like Shaw? She always flirts with her.

Yes of course. They are the main love story.

I bet there'll be hot sex betwen the Samaritan ninja and Reese and Samaritan will be watching all jelly.

Awwwwwww yeah.

Also, Meg Watkins is a shitty Homeland security agent. She walks up to a cop, asks what happened, then says I don't think so, and then walks off. Fucking suspicious as hell.

Edit: love those triumphant horns playing at the ending of the episode.

Meteorain

Just saw the new PoI ep. I've been waiting so long........

Root x Shaw sexual tension is amazing. It needs to happen. They also need to bring back the milf (Paige Turco).

Apoc29

Kind of funny that whenever Finch takes on a new "fake" job, he always takes it so seriously, and not just out of necessity but because he's just too damn sincere. Also ironic that he needs a machine to fake his qualifications, even though he's always legit over-qualified for whatever job he takes on.

I need to put a Person of Interest Playlist together. Let's see what fantastic music they've used so far:

http://personofinterest.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Songs

Season 1:

"Angel" by Massive Attack
"The Truth" by Handsome Boy Modeling School
"Reaching For Salvation" by Sugaray
"Live With Me" by Massive Attack
"Exceeder" by Mason
"Intro" by The xx
"New York" by Cat Power
"Sinnerman" by Nina Simone
"I Know You Are But What Am I?" by Mogwai
"It's Personal" by The Radio Dept.
"When Things Explode" by Unkle
"Rising Down" by The Roots (ft. Mos Def & Styles P)
"If I Had a Heart" by Fever Ray
"Down Boy" by Yeah Yeah Yeahs
"Building Steam with a Grain of Salt" by "DJ Shadow"
"Black & Bleach" by Further Down
"Amongster" by Poliça
"Burn My Shadow" by Unkle
"Ne Me Quitte Pas" by Nina Simone
"Lonely Soul" by Unkle
"Revenge" by Dangermouse and Sparklehorse
"I'm Afraid of Americans" by David Bowie

Season 2

"Moon Drop" by Sherry St. Germain
"Titanium" by David Guetta feat. Sia
"Say My Name" by Porter Robinson
"She's Long Gone" by The Black Keys
"The Greatest" by Cat Power
"Building Steam with a Grain of Salt" by DJ Shadow
"Boom Boom" by John Lee Hooker
"It Serves You Right to Suffer" by John Lee Hooker
"One of These Mornings" by Moby featuring Patti LaBelle
"For You" by Trilogy featuring Fred The Godson
"Gimme Shelter" by The Rolling Stones
"The Hop" by Radio Citizen
"Eminence Front" by The Who
"Ante Up (Robin Hoodz Theory)" by M.O.P.
"Future Starts Slow" by The Kills

Season 3

"She's Long Gone" by The Black Keys
"Feeling Good" by Nina Simone
"Falling in Love" by Ben Rector
"Birthright" (Birthwrong remix by Blue Stahli) by Celldweller
"Pieces Of Me" by Dying Regret
"Give Me Everything" by Pitbull ft. Ne-Yo
"I Know U Know" by Tatiana Owens
"The Number Song" by DJ Shadow
"Hurt" by Johnny Cash
"Miami Showdown" by Digitalism