• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 and Nier Automata: The End of YorHa Edition coming to Switch on October

Draugoth

Gold Member
FWV2XzgWQAAFi8O

FWV2hNbWIAI5beU

https://www.reddit.com/r/nier/?f=flair_name:"NieR Automata"

This wil be the physical edition of the Switch release of NieR: Automata. With a reversible cover with A2.​

zzxjv714bd891.jpg

FWV8cp5aAAEajPJ

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
iu

i'll be getting P4G + P5R on Switch. Already have P4G on Steam but will buy P5R on there too.

Oh boy... being able to play Persona 4/5 wherever I want is going to seriously impact my life :messenger_tears_of_joy:

edit: please tell me P4G + P5R on Switch will have a physical release?!?!?!?!?????

Last edited:

Kuranghi

They spoiled Persona before it was even possible to have watched the video lol I'm still watching it live. Good news though.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
They spoiled Persona before it was even possible to have watched the video lol I'm still watching it live. Good news though.
persona 5 is a 6 year old game....

persona 4 came out 14 years ago.

you can't really complain about spoilers now.

Kuranghi

persona 5 is a 6 year old game....

persona 4 came out 14 years ago.

you can't really complain about spoilers now.

I was looking forward to seeing it revealed "live", but in fairness its not a livestream. Just a bit annoying when you're still watching it.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Persona is very long and repetitive, so it's good that now you can change positions as your body falls asleep while playing it and your attention span shatters. Will be able to also play handheld now while watching TV to keep you entertained as the hours endlessly add up. Perfect for Switch.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
yeah i am and do you disagree?

if you play with a Lite you need to play on the screen of the device. with a standard switch you can play on the device screen or on a TV.

i don't know why you'd want to be stuck playing on a small screen when you have the option of playing in handheld OR docked.

Persona for all !
i want P5R on my PS2.

:messenger_pouting:

Last edited:

cireza

if you play with a Lite you need to play on the screen of the device. with a standard switch you can play on the device screen or on a TV.

i don't know why you'd want to be stuck playing on a small screen when you have the option of playing in handheld OR docked.
I was just saying I was happy to see a handheld version of these games, rather than having to play it on my Xbox. That's awesome if you own a normal Switch. I have a Lite and I am happy with it.

Calm down.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I was just saying I was happy to see a handheld version of these games, rather than having to play it on my Xbox. That's awesome if you a normal Switch. I have a Lite and I am happy with it.

Calm down.
lmao. nah, that wasn't what you were saying. or you'd have just said Switch and not mentioned the Lite version

you sound like the mad one.

Aldric

Cool. Might double dip on Automata if the framerate doesn't dip in the low 10s. In retrospect it's not surprising since Taura did Astral Chain, they know how to optimize for the hardware.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I guess that's what justified the direct, the Persona series works much better on a portable. I'm getting it.
Funny enough I just couldn't get into Persona 4 Golden on the Vita and having to get to a safe room or finish a day in order to save just wasn't working on a Portable system...so I'm gonna have to disagree there.

Also lmfao at NIER on the Switch 😂
Bet that's gonna be optimised, amrite

Funny enough I just couldn't get into Persona 4 Golden on the Vita and having to get to a safe room or finish a day in order to save just wasn't working on a Portable system...so I'm gonna have to disagree there.

Also lmfao at NIER on the Switch 😂
Bet that's gonna be optimised, amrite
Persona 5 was the first Persona I played on a console instead of a portable and to me it detracted from the experience and made the feel like it was way too long.

Last edited:

anab0lic36

i want P5R on my PS2.

:messenger_pouting:
because the switch lite is more ergonomic to hold as a handheld than the OG switch... smaller screen has only ever bothered me in a couple of games and actually makes some games look better as it results in a sharper image when the pixels are more condensed. Too bad there isn't an OLED lite, id be all over that.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
you'd think so but no doubt some people will be angry still.

"i wanted the original version of P5! NOT ROYAL!!" /s :rolleyes:

Anyone who says that would be weird, unlike the middling new character and scenario in Golden, the Royal upgrade is definitively superior.

TidusYuna

Now, the real question is, will these be physical releases?

Unfortunately, as of right now, Persona 5 Royal is the only port getting physical treatment. Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden are digital releases.

I own Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 golden physically already for PSP and Vita, and I would have dipped again if they were re released physically for modern platforms. But since it is just digital, i will probably skip the digital re-releases. Persona 5 Royal physical bout to get my money for PS5 and switch tho.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
because the switch lite is more ergonomic to hold as a handheld than the OG switch... smaller screen has only ever bothered me in a couple of games and actually makes some games look better as it results in a sharper image when the pixels are more condensed. Too bad there isn't an OLED lite, id be all over that.
ok and? what has that got to do with anything?

alright the Lite is more ergonomic but you can still play in handheld with the OG Switch.

Unfortunately, as of right now, Persona 5 Royal is the only port getting physical treatment. Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden are digital releases.
urgh. i hope P4G gets a physical release too.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I can only hope so. It's kinda sad that we even have to ask that question these days..
not really. i think we should be moving to digital but i have a soft spot for cartridges. i'd sure as shit buy P4G/P5R on cartridge for Switch. Plus they are old games so shouldn't need any patches and the full game (including DLC) should be on the cartridges meaning they will be perfectly playable in the future. not many physical games these days can guarantee that.

it might comfort some people to have a physical copy of a game but when servers go down people those who bought physically will end up with half assed broken games.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I was told by a certain user that if I wanted to play p4g on ps5 or switch I’d have to wait 10 years for it after it was announced for GP
it's 2022 not 2027.

it's the same for the people who say PC owners will need to wait 4-5 years to play PS games on PC.

Swift_Star

Banned
it's 2022 not 2027.

it's the same for the people who say PC owners will need to wait 4-5 years to play PS games on PC.
That’s not it… a certain user was making fun of people because he thought these ports would be exclusive to Xbox… only for his hopes and dreams to be shattered less than 12h later.

Top Bottom