• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 and Nier Automata: The End of YorHa Edition coming to Switch on October

Deerock71

※本作の解像度は、TVモードで1920x1080、テーブルモード/携帯モードで1280x720です。また、フレームレートは30fpsです。

1080P docked
720P handheld
30fps

Sounds amazing for handheld play actually, hope it can maintain it through out the game. Don't do an Age of Calamity to me lol.

Native on the Switch. May have to bump up my urgency, because that sounds pretty incredible.

SSfox

Sony losing all their exclusives meanwhile Bayonetta 2 (2014) still locked to Nintendo consoles to this day
lfHDKIH.png

Jimbo and Hermen are sleeping heavy on this, but it will catch them in the long run
lfHDKIH.png

OuterLimits

thank goodness we'll not have any more port begging for P5 on Switch

True. We will also no longer hear the ridiculous "Switch might get P3, and P4, but P5 may be too beastly for the system" (It's a PlayStation 3 game).

I have Royal on PS4 but only played 20% or so. Will be tempted to buy on Switch for the portable aspect.

Last edited:

Quezacolt

it might comfort some people to have a physical copy of a game but when servers go down people those who bought physically will end up with half assed broken games.
Im sorry, but this is BS. most games have the full game on disk and can be fully played without patches. Day one patches are usually for bugs that the devs find on the last weeks before release, but the games can be fully played from start to finish, without any issues for most people.
The games from rockstar were always buggy, and even without day 1 patches people still enjoyed them.

Serouj2000

That one article by Inverse about the direct though. Like, directs have been trailer after trailer after trailer with little in between for years now, and E3 2015 was an example of a direct that was like that, and if I'm not mistaken, people hated that one

anab0lic36

This is why I own a switch lite. It is soo much more comfortable to hold. Form factor is better,it feels far more sturdy because there's no rails holding the controllers and it's much lighter too.
Yup, my OG switch has seen zero handheld use since I acquired the lite. A proper dpad is a huge plus too.

anab0lic36

ok and? what has that got to do with anything?

alright the Lite is more ergonomic but you can still play in handheld with the OG Switch.

urgh. i hope P4G gets a physical release too.
You can... but for many its an inferior experience.... which is the point you seem to be missing.

Deerock71

Yup, my OG switch has seen zero handheld use since I acquired the lite. A proper dpad is a huge plus too.
OLED > d-pad. I've had them both. OLED is at least twice as good due to reduced eye strain. Take it from someone that is 99% handheld Switch at this point.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Congratulations to the incessant port beggars I guess. 🤷

Here’s hoping SMT becomes truly multiplatform now.

Last edited:
Ah, but it is the fact that the Switch has these AND Nintendo exclusives makes Steamdeck even MORE irrelevant. Enjoy your boutique, niche, outlet seeking portable. I had a Sega Game Gear. I can relate.

(I'm just seconding Harrison Ford's sentiments, here)

I'm planning on getting a Steamdeck due to it being tied to my Steam Account. I have a massive backlog and having it on the go would be great. No the specs aren't why I want to get it.

It just gets annoying when it's constant with these guys

Last edited:

blacktout

Congratulations to the incessant port beggars I guess. 🤷

Here’s hoping SMT becomes truly multiplatform now.

It's a critically acclaimed game and people wanted to be able to play it on their platform of choice. I'm not sure why there's so much bitterness about that.

Also, I think the GeForce leak contained a PC port of SMT V, so I wouldn't rule out the possibility of it going fully multiplatform. If nothing else, I bet we see it on Steam this November, since Nintendo usually only secures a year of exclusivity for these third party titles tops.

It's a critically acclaimed game and people wanted to be able to play it on their platform of choice. I'm not sure why there's so much bitterness about that.

Also, I think the GeForce leak contained a PC port of SMT V, so I wouldn't rule out the possibility of it going fully multiplatform. If nothing else, I bet we see it on Steam this November, since Nintendo usually only secures a year of exclusivity for these third party titles tops.
Yeah wouldn't be surprised either if SMT5 goes Multiplat. If it comes out on Steam I'm rebuying it

Ryu Kaiba

Man, the existence of the Steam Deck has really deflated my excitement for these two coming to the Switch for me. Shit, every game that isn’t a Nintendo exclusive, really.
Lol Its true though. A year ago I would've had to go see a doctor for the unyielding erection I received from this announcement, but now I'm concerned about performance on Switch. Particularly of P5.
But those intro's would look so beautiful on the Switches OLED screen.

Lol Its true though. A year ago I would've had to go see a doctor for the unyielding erection I received from this announcement, but now I'm concerned about performance on Switch. Particularly of P5.
But those intro's would look so beautiful on the Switches OLED screen.
I still don't care 🤷

Especially since the OG P5 was on PS3

Last edited:
Tried getting into P5 earlier this year and just couldn't. The art style is obviously great but everything else just turned into such a slog. I'd honestly be more interested in just watching it as an anime rather than playing it. Good get for everyone else though.

The more interesting one imo is Nier. I assume part of the delay was getting this to run well, so we'll see if that work and time paid off.

ruzuyu

Neo Member
I highly doubt there's gonna be a stable 30FPS for NieR on Switch. The game was experiencing performance issues even on a PS4.

Tried getting into P5 earlier this year and just couldn't. The art style is obviously great but everything else just turned into such a slog. I'd honestly be more interested in just watching it as an anime rather than playing it. Good get for everyone else though.

The more interesting one imo is Nier. I assume part of the delay was getting this to run well, so we'll see if that work and time paid off.
There is a Persona 5 anime.

Woopah

Sony losing all their exclusives meanwhile Bayonetta 2 (2014) still locked to Nintendo consoles to this day
lfHDKIH.png

Jimbo and Hermen are sleeping heavy on this, but it will catch them in the long run
lfHDKIH.png
It's a lot harder to keep a third party exclusive (Persona 5) than a first party exclusive (Bayonetta 2)

Gambit2483

I highly doubt there's gonna be a stable 30FPS for NieR on Switch. The game was experiencing performance issues even on a PS4.

I have a feeling of just the opposite and that they took time and effort to optimize it well based on what they (Platinum) already know about Switch hardware, especially after Astral Chain and Bayo 3 development.

I would be surprised if the game wasn't well optimized.

Top Bottom