• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 and Nier Automata: The End of YorHa Edition coming to Switch on October

LordCBH

Right, P5 will get physical releases, but P4 and 3 will not.

Wonder what they'll price these at ? Guessing $39.99 for P5 and $19.99 for 4 and 3 ?

My guess is $49.99 for 5R and $19.99 for 3P and 4G. Golden launched at $20 on steam so I think the other platform releases will match thst.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
My guess is $49.99 for 5R and $19.99 for 3P and 4G. Golden launched at $20 on steam so I think the other platform releases will match thst.
$49.99 sounds high for P5R, but then again its launching on new platforms for the first time so I can totally see it being that ...

Glad it's on GP so I can at least save some $$$ there lol.

Last edited:

ruzuyu

Neo Member
I have a feeling of just the opposite and that they took time and effort to optimize it well based on what they (Platinum) already know about Switch hardware, especially after Astral Chain and Bayo 3 development.

I would be surprised if the game wasn't well optimized.
I would love to be proven wrong...

Shifty1897

If the Switch port runs at a near locked 30fps at 1080p docked I'll change my avatar to the Square Enix logo for a year.

Super Troopers Oops GIF by Searchlight Pictures

Serouj2000

:/ KH series native ports need to happen, what black magick did they perform to get it running so well?
Especially considering the fact that the base 8th gen console versions, which are on consoles that are more powerful than the switch, barely held 60fps at a lower resolution

Holy shit I forgot this was coming out. I assumed it would be a lazy third party shovelware port so I'm happily surprised to see it's a full res locked (almost) 30fps with all the DLC. I've been looking for something good to relax with since Harvestella turned out to be dogshit nonsense and Advance Wars has apparently been erased from history.

KingT731

1080p for switch, 900p for base 8th gen
Yeah and even on the PS4 Pro it's only 1080 60. Is that the consoles fault or the devs? Similar situation with Nier Replicant where it's, for some reason, locked to 1080p res on the PS4 & Pro.

Last edited:

Shifty1897

Given the state of all the other port jobs to Switch, this obviously shows that way more work was done beyond just turning settings slightly down, bumping resolution up, adding dynamic resolution scaling, and locking the frame rate to 30fps.

I'm sure we'll hear about this later, but Virtuos probably had to go in and rewrite a substantial amount of this game's code in order to get it to run this well on Switch. I hope we see more ports of this caliber in the future.

Top Bottom