• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2018 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| Man Blue vs Man Red for the KONAMI Cup

Hasney

Nah, no fouls...

Did get a cutscene for my sub though. My newly signed SS got a hat trick in Mastr League so I took him off near the end and he was given a standing ovation.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Nah, no fouls...

Did get a cutscene for my sub though. My newly signed SS got a hat trick in Mastr League so I took him off near the end and he was given a standing ovation.
Haven't seen any of my subs yet :/

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I'm tempted on buying it. I'll test the demo and decide, looks a lot better than FIFA this year but I've been playing FIFA for the last 3 years, so we'll see...

Bydobob

can you put a screenshot of your Nvidea settings (the global one)? Please? I am trying to find the ebst settings, not sure If mine is screwed up or njot

A bit late in coming, and seems you have sorted your stuttering issues, but anyway:

nhdyKKTl.jpg

9XapSjbl.jpg

Also recorded frametimes, and the results are predictably consistent across the framerate spectrum. Played 3 halves, capping at 60, 120 and 163 fps respectively. Got a flat 16.6, 8.2 and 6.2-6.3 (163 is about 6.25) during gameplay. Replays are a different story of course, dropping as low as the 90s.

As good as all this is, doing the test highlighted one thing. Playing at 60 fps was horrible! Felt more like 30 in comparison and I could really feel the input delay. FPS really is king for these sorts of games.

Lashley

A bit late in coming, and seems you have sorted your stuttering issues, but anyway:

nhdyKKTl.jpg

9XapSjbl.jpg

Also recorded frametimes, and the results are predictably consistent across the framerate spectrum. Played 3 halves, capping at 60, 120 and 163 fps respectively. Got a flat 16.6, 8.2 and 6.2-6.3 (163 is about 6.25) during gameplay. Replays are a different story of course, dropping as low as the 90s.

As good as all this is, doing the test highlighted one thing. Playing at 60 fps was horrible! Felt more like 30 in comparison and I could really feel the input delay. FPS really is king for these sorts of games.
You not take advantage of DSR and downsampling?

Lashley

Bam.

Hey, I just read that Bayern aren't in the game. At least, according to Eurogamer, they aren't. So how are they handled in game while playing the Champions League?
They're not in. Players in ML are listed as playing for other

RAIDEN1

The demo wouldn't give an accurate representation of what the final game is by the sounds of it, so you can't really judge from that....hopefully that comprehensive OF for the game isn't too far away that addresses, missing teams like Juve, Bayern etc...

Lashley

Hardly ever. I'd rather not sacrifice framerate and native 1440p is sweet. When I upgrade GPU in a year's time I probably will.
Ah that's fair

1440p is great. Wish consoles did 60 fps 1440p instead of 30fps 4k

Drewfonse

The demo wouldn't give an accurate representation of what the final game is by the sounds of it, so you can't really judge from that....hopefully that comprehensive OF for the game isn't too far away that addresses, missing teams like Juve, Bayern etc...

Wasn't Juventus in the demo?

philm87

Jesus any tips for defending seems a lot harder than 17

Just don't dive in, good dribblers can get past a defender easier. Advanced tactics wise Deep Line is good at defending vs through balls. Use Swarm the box to defend vs crosses and man Mark wide players. Crosses are about the same to defend, but never easy. Main thing is to block the cross.
Struggling slightly myself when there's a striker run at me. Think it forces you to time your tackles a bit better. Don't just hold tackle, wait till you're really near and if you're confident do double tap.

philm87

I know mate i meant in general like A.C. Origins on XB1X etc

You can pick. In ML it'll depend on where they place if you have them in the game via an option file

Ahh fair enough. Few games give you the option which is welcome, more games should do that. I've got a pretty decent upscale on my TV so sacrificing a bit of resolution isn't always overly noticeable, whereas you can't mistake a frame rate boost.

philm87

What format you guys playing on?

EDIT: Wait, I did get fouled once in BAL

Masterleague or MyClub vs COM. Gotta lure em into it. Have your back to them or the double tap speed change works quite well. Happens more the higher the difficulty.

RAIDEN1

Juve might of been in the demo but it was too much hassle in PES2017 to try and get them and Bayern in, then you would find your previous data over-written by the new upload...etc...

Lashley

Best OF atm? Any that edit stadiums, manager pictures.and scoreboard on PC?

Ahh fair enough. Few games give you the option which is welcome, more games should do that. I've got a pretty decent upscale on my TV so sacrificing a bit of resolution isn't always overly noticeable, whereas you can't mistake a frame rate boost.
I've got this at 3200x1800 for a locked 60 in game at 4k (dips in cinematics to about 55fps) and I genuinely can't tell the difference from regular 4k

nhdyKKTl.jpg

9XapSjbl.jpg

Thanks man

Lashley

nhdyKKTl.jpg

9XapSjbl.jpg

btw its recommended with gsync to have vsync on in nvidia cp, but off in game
Is it just new PES placebo or are the keepers actually quite decent...

And why is Inter this strong. Seabass' ghost still haunting us.

Theyre great this year

Lashley

Do you need a 144hz monitor to go above 60fps? The game would only let me select 30/60 in the settings.

Probably, whats your monitor at?

Their port still leaves a lot to be desired imo, the resolution thing is annoying too

When you set the teams up properly my God this game plays like a dream.

It makes such a difference when you edit the teams' strategies to reflect how they play in real life.

Don't OF's do that?

Some of the more comprehensive ones make an effort at it but even then to an unsatisfactory degree.

They make a vague attempt at changing a team's formation (inaccurately) and starting line up but then don't even change the playing style parameters properly to suit personnel and formation.

Lkr

i downloaded the PESworld english league option file and I get an error every time it gets to Man City. anyone know what to do?

i downloaded the PESworld english league option file and I get an error every time it gets to Man City. anyone know what to do?

Yeah.

So first individually import the stadium images through the image import option.

Then fo to the import team option and ti9ck the pick team to import to option before proceeding. Then you pick each team as it goes long (don't worry the game will pick the right fake team to overwrite each time) and this will avoid it doing the whole failed to load thing.

Lkr

Yeah.

So first individually import the stadium images through the image import option.

Then fo to the import team option and ti9ck the pick team to import to option before proceeding. Then you pick each team as it goes long (don't worry the game will pick the right fake team to overwrite each time) and this will avoid it doing the whole failed to load thing.
Thanks, I was doing it wrong by just importing all images at once. I just did import all teams at once and it worked though will your method have any difference in how it works out?

Top Bottom