• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2018 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| Man Blue vs Man Red for the KONAMI Cup

Thanks, I was doing it wrong by just importing all images at once. I just did import all teams at once and it worked though will your method have any difference in how it works out?

Nah if it's working for you then you're good.

Just check that managers and stadiums have properly been implemented because they can be iffy.

Jack cw

Isn't that just like most of the game then?

I guess I was just confused with people treating Bayern like it was a special case or something!

It is.
There is a custom English league with only Liverpool licenced. The rest are custom clubs with real players. Same goes for La Liga, only Barca. There a three German clubs fully licenced but packed inside a "rest of Europe" league. A "Bundesliga" is made out of the PES League. League Cups, Supercups and most leagues in Europe need heavy editing. If you are on PC or PS4 wait for a free OF that is coming in the next couple of days. Pesgaming has some very decent ones for free.

Semi final of the Champions League. Go to a penalty shoot out with Juve. I score my first one. Mandzukic steps up to take their first one. Nothing. He doesn't move. The game hasn't crashed, I'm still able to move my keeper along the line and what not. I figure if I just leave it for a little while it will automatically kick the ball straight down the middle, like what usually happens if you don't take a set-piece. Nope. He just stood there.

Luckily I have a second controller so I could switch sides, but fuck me! That better be a one off thing.

What's wrong with them?

The long shots are way too overpowered, pretty much everyone turns into Ronaldo. Headers have been tweak since the demo but could be better. Strikers seem to slot into perfect places regardless of the defender. Defoe scored a hat trick, all headers and every single time he was up against Zouma. These are my impressions of course but apart from these complains, pretty impressed so far.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Reddit PC "mega pack" patch combining most/all of the current OF's. Just have to load the data file in-game, no importing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WEPES/comments/70blwr/reddit_community_mega_pack_2018/

🙏🏻

Not necessary if you cap the framerate using an outside program as I do with RTSS.

Ah, I do the same thing with RTSS, cap it at 141

It is.
There is a custom English league with only Liverpool licenced. The rest are custom clubs with real players. Same goes for La Liga, only Barca. There a three German clubs fully licenced but packed inside a "rest of Europe" league. A "Bundesliga" is made out of the PES League. League Cups, Supercups and most leagues in Europe need heavy editing. If you are on PC or PS4 wait for a free OF that is coming in the next couple of days. Pesgaming has some very decent ones for free.

Arsenal are licensed too

Drewfonse

I know this is a stupid question, but can I DL the option files directly to my PS4 if I have a flash drive plugged into one of its USB ports? It's literally the only USB device I own. Thanks.

TheFlazer

Neo Member
After years and years without playing PES (nor any other football game), I finally came back to the virtual pitch.

And I have to say, this game truly captures the spirit of football. I mean, being an old ISS/PES player from the first ISS all the way to PES6 (my true last football game, although I tested out PES 2014 which was pretty good), this game really does what I was imagining from a dream football game back in the days.

From the subtlety of the animations, to the weight of each step, to the real use of the exterior of the foot like Quaresma would do in his best years, to the players calling for the ball in their foot or in the space, to the referee giving a yellow card to the AI for simulating trying to obtain a penalty and so on. The game does so much things right.

And that gameplay. That gameplay. It plays so well.

All that, at least, playing against someone.

Because when playing offline, I have a very big issue with the game. I find the AI in superstar difficulty absolutely horrible at being realistic. I mean, absolutely all the teams, even the smallest unknown team plays Barcelona style with one-touch 56 passes a minute in triangle, laser shots, no fouls, dribbling like Neymar even with unkown players, passing like Zidane, and most importantly, something truly unfair, heading like Ivan Zamorano from lazer crosses like crazy. Damn.

I mean, why? What's wrong with this AI? What's wrong with all these Zamorano headers goals from the AI? Not to mention they seem to be not as tired as my players over the match.

Also, I find defending against the AI really difficult. The AI always manages to catch my players from behind with no foul, but it's almost impossible to do it when I'm defending. The AI just sprints like Martins toward my goal, leaving my defenders behind.

Anyone noticed some of that? Is there something I am doing wrong?

Okada

I absolutely loved last years game but I'm still not 100% sure on 2018.

My main gripe is the delay between pressing a button and the action actually happening. There have been plenty of times where I press pass (or shoot) and my player will take another 2+ touches before actually doing the pass.

Also both the opposition and team AI is the worst it's been in years too.

Edit - Another big issue this year is the player switching, it's dreadful.

Honome

You guys are gonna let us win to leave Argentina out of the world cup right? we bros now right?

lol

That's quite possible but you need to play with much more will than the last 2 games. Also Argentina is not playing a good football neither so anything can happen is the last 2 qualifying games!

pieface

The stupidity in the design of the co-op system in this game is absolutely.... mind blowing.

So me and friends got together to play some 3v3 couch co-op... big thumbs up for including that feature. Though, you can't even choose the team you want to play as?? WTF is that? hahaha. Why should you be forced to play as a random team which is always 5*?

The amount of Real Madrid vs Real Madrid games we were forced to play was ridiculous.

Who makes these decisions?

There's loads of things I hate about FIFA, and some of them are addressed in Pro Evo (being able to choose the home and away strips pre-game is an awesome feature!)... but there's just so so so so many more problems in this game compared. I could write a whole list. It's no wonder FIFA doesn't really change things every year if this is the competition.

This game doesn't give a shit about you if you don't play as 5* teams. Playing with Aston Villa and getting matched against Real Madrid, no way to filter it as far as I can tell. Why?

Poor.

What changes have you made?

I tend to space out the default formations a bit and make sure everyone is set to the actual role that suits them and the formation i.e. if you have Pogba and Matic in a midfield two in a 4-2-3-1 formation I'd set Matic as a DMC and Pogba as a CM.

If it's a wing back formation make sure the wing backs are pushed all the way to the touchline otherwise they simply won't function as wing backs and they'll keep drifting infield.

Then you need to look at the attacking and defensive instructions for each team, which make a huge difference to how a team plays. For example, at default Liverpool and Tottenham are set up as possession teams when they are quite obviously not. Setting them to counter attacking (I have Liverpool as short passing counter attacking and Tottenham as long passing counter attacking) makes a world of difference to how they play and also plays to their strengths.

I tend to space out the default formations a bit and make sure everyone is set to the actual role that suits them and the formation i.e. if you have Pogba and Matic in a midfield two in a 4-2-3-1 formation I'd set Matic as a DMC and Pogba as a CM.

If it's a wing back formation make sure the wing backs are pushed all the way to the touchline otherwise they simply won't function as wing backs and they'll keep drifting infield.

Then you need to look at the attacking and defensive instructions for each team, which make a huge difference to how a team plays. For example, at default Liverpool and Tottenham are set up as possession teams when they are quite obviously not. Setting them to counter attacking (I have Liverpool as short passing counter attacking and Tottenham as long passing counter attacking) makes a world of difference to how they play and also plays to their strengths.
Yeah good shout. Hoping someone releases a tactics patch for PC. I'll do some teams I know but I'd love proper ones.

Lashley

The stupidity in the design of the co-op system in this game is absolutely.... mind blowing.

So me and friends got together to play some 3v3 couch co-op... big thumbs up for including that feature. Though, you can't even choose the team you want to play as?? WTF is that? hahaha. Why should you be forced to play as a random team which is always 5*?

The amount of Real Madrid vs Real Madrid games we were forced to play was ridiculous.

Who makes these decisions?

There's loads of things I hate about FIFA, and some of them are addressed in Pro Evo (being able to choose the home and away strips pre-game is an awesome feature!)... but there's just so so so so many more problems in this game compared. I could write a whole list. It's no wonder FIFA doesn't really change things every year if this is the competition.

This game doesn't give a shit about you if you don't play as 5* teams. Playing with Aston Villa and getting matched against Real Madrid, no way to filter it as far as I can tell. Why?

Poor.

Eh? You've been able to do this in fifa for about 10 years

The Mourihno fake in MyClub plays 4-3-3 so I play with 3 up front too... And Usain Bolt is almost OP.

WWrya.gif

Robso

Do the kit changes/team names from OFs appear in My Club if you were to install an OF after beginning My Club?

Won my first myclub match, thought I was going to do a Palace after losing my first two.

Least I managed to score in the games I lost, though

RAIDEN1

So I played an exhibition match of PSG V AC Milan on the regular difficulty level and won 5-0! I thought AC would have more of a fight in them but was a bit too easy to score against them...looks like I need to switch the difficulty up a notch...

Lashley

So I played an exhibition match of PSG V AC Milan on the regular difficulty level and won 5-0! I thought AC would have more of a fight in them but was a bit too easy to score against them...looks like I need to switch the difficulty up a notch...

Yeah, I played regular last year and im on professional this year

Top Bottom