• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Peter Molyneux just announced "The Trail" - more info coming soon.

Castef

Banned
YeahNoThanks.gif

Coming from a great fan of several of his works.

Damaniel

Banned
I've been misled by Molyneux's promises too many times already. I'm going to have to see a finished product and a *lot* of reviews before I consider trying any future 'game' of his out.

Is Godus worth $5? That's how much it is on Steam right now.

It's not worth your time.

The price shouldn't be a factor unless you have played absolutely everything else you already own.

I don't think it was failed ambition.

So what was it then? We already knew before the release that a lot of things he talked about initially wouldn't make it on the game.

Also, I don't seder why his entire record wouldn't be up for discussion. His particular past behavior is certainly relevant to the announcement of a new title.

Because it's been 10 years since, so it's really really old new, and the recen things they've pulled with Godus are worse. And do you really think you have to warn a single being on the internet about the way he acts? People know, I can guarentee you that.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Is Godus worth $5? That's how much it is on Steam right now.

No, I can think of a dozen better games for less than $5 off the top of my head. During a sale there are dozens more. Someday Godus might be a good game, but that day is not today.

Can't wait to see another one of his crap ideas totally bomb. How is this guy even still employed.

Because he's one of the founders of his studio, perhaps?

As I recall, 22Cans refers to the twenty-two projects that Molyneux has in mind, after which the studio would then close. I don't think he ever said it would only be two games...even if you count Curiosity, which I am loathe to.

Yes; I recall that being the reason for the studio's name too, only: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-03-25-molyneux-on-why-godus-is-probably-22cans-last-game

saunderez

Between Godus and Curiosity I'm done with Molyneaux. I respect him for what he's created in the past but he's not the creative genius he thinks he is anymore.

nampad

I like Molyneux though his game announcements and the surrounding jokes are what entertains me, not his games anymore.

Has Molyneux EVER actually delivered on his promises? Seems like Fable was the beginning of the end for him as far as being more than a meme.

SURGEdude

In my mind he is forever tied to Kinect. Both have great things stuffed in there and a lot of talent/potential and a ton of groundbreaking promises/lies. But neither is capable of producing a single fucking ounce of worthwhile gaming interaction.

Top Bottom