• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

That's a bit of a shame, the whole thing for me with PSO was looking forward to getting to higher difficulties to get drops and upgrade my shit. I guess they changed that structure for this one. Still enjoying the hell out of it. I must have put well over 2000 hours into PSO and Episode 1&2 (until I got Nol'd at level 153), and ever since I have looked for a game to scratch the itch. Cant get better than the real thing :)
They haven't changed the structure that much; it's just that with a game where new weapons are introduced monthly, many, many things have become extremely common since the game has an open economy and is approaching four years old.

The biggest recent change is the proliferation of stones everywhere, which seems to be a means to justify continued grinding for endgame equipment by providing a relatively fixed path to acquisition beyond actually seeing the things drop.

Freeman76

They haven't changed the structure that much; it's just that with a game where new weapons are introduced monthly, many, many things have become extremely common since the game has an open economy and is approaching four years old.

The biggest recent change is the proliferation of stones everywhere, which seems to be a means to justify continued grinding for endgame equipment by providing a relatively fixed path to acquisition beyond actually seeing the things drop.

Ah that's cool, so I can still play it like as a hunting game. Do you know of a good guide to which types of missions are good for levelling, or is it just do what you want?

I see people talking about EX or EM missions, and also get an alert across the top of the screen sometimes.

Also is it like the original in the sense of a clear progression path through normal, hard, very hard and ultimate? It seems like that but I see quests which are for Hard caves and have differing level requirements etc.

Also, most important question of all, does the game have RUINS?

Sorry for all the questions, I usually love working everything out but since so much is in Japanese its not as easy as usual to do that. Thanks for all the help

Ah that's cool, so I can still play it like as a hunting game. Do you know of a good guide to which types of missions are good for levelling, or is it just do what you want?

I see people talking about EX or EM missions, and also get an alert across the top of the screen sometimes.

Also is it like the original in the sense of a clear progression path through normal, hard, very hard and ultimate? It seems like that but I see quests which are for Hard caves and have differing level requirements etc.

Also, most important question of all, does the game have RUINS?

Sorry for all the questions, I usually love working everything out but since so much is in Japanese its not as easy as usual to do that. Thanks for all the help

Check out PSUBlog for info on EMs and other current events; they've been pretty consistent with updates running all the way back to the alpha tests. The sidebar lists the scheduled EMs that are announced around patch time each week; there can also be EMs that appear randomly. The one that starts at the same time this post goes up is pretty good for leveling, actually.

At the beginning it's important to just stick with clearing everything Koffie (silver-haired NPC in the east quest counter) offers you, as she is the route to unlocking new areas and difficulties. Beyond that, definitely catch any EMs you can; they are announced in-game 15 minutes prior to starting, and usually run from :00 to :30 after the hour. They're the first item when taking quests when they are active.

An area named Ruins exists but I don't think it's quite what you'd expect given the way you're asking for it.

If you're still awake I'm going to be streaming for a couple hours - getting some TAs done and running the Mining Base Demise EM. http://hitbox.tv/starcreator

Freeman76

Check out PSUBlog for info on EMs and other current events; they've been pretty consistent with updates running all the way back to the alpha tests. The sidebar lists the scheduled EMs that are announced around patch time each week; there can also be EMs that appear randomly. The one that starts at the same time this post goes up is pretty good for leveling, actually.

At the beginning it's important to just stick with clearing everything Koffie (silver-haired NPC in the east quest counter) offers you, as she is the route to unlocking new areas and difficulties. Beyond that, definitely catch any EMs you can; they are announced in-game 15 minutes prior to starting, and usually run from :00 to :30 after the hour. They're the first item when taking quests when they are active.

An area named Ruins exists but I don't think it's quite what you'd expect given the way you're asking for it.

If you're still awake I'm going to be streaming for a couple hours - getting some TAs done and running the Mining Base Demise EM. http://hitbox.tv/starcreator

Thanks for all the info. Where do i go for the EM quests? Just hit level 30, took your advice and bought a weapon, made it much faster. Im a ranger with hunter subclass, how can i equip weapons other than rifles?

Thanks for all the info. Where do i go for the EM quests? Just hit level 30, took your advice and bought a weapon, made it much faster. Im a ranger with hunter subclass, how can i equip weapons other than rifles?

Whenever the EM quests are active (at hour:00) a new category containing the quest will pop up at the quest counter.You'll want to be in level appropriate blocks so that when you start up the quest you'll automatically be placed in a map with 11 other people. At that point just follow the others around and kill stuff.

You can equip weapons other than those equipable by your main class only if the specific weapon is equipable by multiple classes. You can check on the second tab of the weapon info box. You can only use PAs from your main class and your sub class. So for example; a Ra/Hu can do Partisan PAs with a Ra equipable Partisan, but can't do Knuckle PAs if you have a Ra equipable Knuckle. There are a few exceptions with weapons that have specific PAs/Techs "binded" to them.

Freeman76

Thanks for all the tips guys. Are any of you using an xbox one pad to play? For some reason r2 doesnt work for evading, any ideas?

Freeman76

I cant make head or tail of the armour system. What is the number in brackets next to the name ie Rear/Bertwin (+28) ?

If I look at the item stats on they are nearly all - compared to what I already have. I'm sure its simple but no matter which way I look at it I cant make sense of it.

Same with the subs.

And weapons

LOL

Cant really find any in depth guides to explain it all, can anyone point me in the direction of one please?

Reknoc

I cant make head or tail of the armour system. What is the number in brackets next to the name ie Rear/Bertwin (+28) ?

If I look at the item stats on they are nearly all - compared to what I already have. I'm sure its simple but no matter which way I look at it I cant make sense of it.

Same with the subs.

And weapons

LOL

Cant really find any in depth guides to explain it all, can anyone point me in the direction of one please?

The number in brackets show how much the stat will go up or down if you equip the item.

Freeman76

The number in brackets show how much the stat will go up or down if you equip the item.

This is the part i struggle with. Should i be equipping items always that just have + stats in that bracket? Some of them have that, and when i look at the individual breakdown i see a lot of negatives on things like s-atk, r-atk etx.

Also is it possible for me to use twin mechs as a ranger?

This is the part i struggle with. Should i be equipping items always that just have + stats in that bracket? Some of them have that, and when i look at the individual breakdown i see a lot of negatives on things like s-atk, r-atk etx.

Also is it possible for me to use twin mechs as a ranger?

Equip armor that boosts your attack stats. In general, boosting your attack is more important than any other stat. Defense doesn't matter too much when you're able to dodge enemy attacks, and death is meaningless anyways. Dex is a relatively worthless stat so don't pay it much attention. Just focus on R-atk as a ranger. Look up some Unit Affixing guides and start making some gear. As a Ranger you'll want to start out with the Blitz or Tian unit set before eventually getting the Saiki unit set like everyone else.

You could use twin mechs as a RA if you find mechs that are equipable by RAs. However you can only use twin mech PAs if you have GU as a subclass.
Gu and twin mechs are shitty and has been repeatedly nerfed to hell.

Is there still a Team GAF in the game? I tried contacting two people on the list of the front page, but one left the game some time ago and another is not sure.

Is there still a Team GAF in the game? I tried contacting two people on the list of the front page, but one left the game some time ago and another is not sure.
I think there are too few active players not already attached to other groups to make the GAF team viable.

There are also bound to be a lot of players deciding to move ships in a couple weeks when character storage gets implemented, which is probably going to leave a lot of teams orphaned since they are ship specific. It's likely I'll be moving one or two of my characters as well.

Ranmo

I've been looking for peeps to play if you are interested. I just duo with one of my good friends. I've found it difficult to find others / a team to play with in this game for some reason.

I think there are too few active players not already attached to other groups to make the GAF team viable.

There are also bound to be a lot of players deciding to move ships in a couple weeks when character storage gets implemented, which is probably going to leave a lot of teams orphaned since they are ship specific. It's likely I'll be moving one or two of my characters as well.

Why the move to different ships though?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?

What? They announced moving ships with the storage? YES!

Why the move to different ships though?

Long story short: average player skill in Ship02 is too low, and the game has put ever mounting importance on multiparty EMs - the quality of drops has always been tied to clear rank.

The character storage implementation presumably means a storage that will be taken off-ship, so it's a big enabler in that you can take many more items with you than was possible before.

Freeman76

Long story short: average player skill in Ship02 is too low, and the game has put ever mounting importance on multiparty EMs - the quality of drops has always been tied to clear rank.

The character storage implementation presumably means a storage that will be taken off-ship, so it's a big enabler in that you can take many more items with you than was possible before.

Its not uncommon knowledge that the JP players largely steer clear of ship 2. Shouldnt people respect that? I get what you are saying, but surely that will be a mass exodus of unwanted guests swarming their ships and fucking up their EMs with their whack skillz

Its not uncommon knowledge that the JP players largely steer clear of ship 2. Shouldnt people respect that? I get what you are saying, but surely that will be a mass exodus of unwanted guests swarming their ships and fucking up their EMs with their whack skillz

I think people should, but it's clear that a majority of the EN player base are too absorbed into themselves to even remotely consider anything like that. (I'm not talking about anyone specific here as this is a large generalization from someone who pugs 100%.)

Granted there's also been a sizable population on a few other servers. Ships 4 and 10 if I recall, but this is.. going to be.. unique to say the least. Yet I understand the complete flip side of this. Last time I ran a Magatsu, there were 4 people who only sat on turrets and never bothered to fight. Not to mention getting a C-Rank or lower Demise isn't even worth sticking around for with the drops being mostly trash at that point. Heck, it's not uncommon to run into a Profound Darkness team who struggles even with the ARKS Level 3 buff on.

For anyone who speaks Japanese, it's not going to be a problem, cause unless someone's sitting around advertising that they're gaijin and being a B-01/B-20 turd at that.. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Solutions though..? ..I've got nothing. I can legit see this issue going both ways. Who knows what Episode 4 is going to bring in terms of populations and people, everything is going to flip flop for awhile until it settles back down.

I think the hope is that the mediocre people are not the type of people who would move ships just to seek more skilled PUGs. But it's a big reason why my team hasn't decided on a destination ship yet. I've been pushing to delay our move just to see how the chips end up falling.

If my little team was large enough to just run private MPAs of everything we wouldn't care as much.

ShinMaruku

Funny thing is this game is not heavily required in skill, the problem is the community sometimes is absolutely batshit insane and terrible. But I guess it's the community the game deserves.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Funny thing is this game is not heavily required in skill, the problem is the community sometimes is absolutely batshit insane and terrible. But I guess it's the community the game deserves.
Deserves? I had zero problems with Japanese players and I've been playing since the second alpha. English community, especially in b20 is a whole another story.

ShinMaruku

Deserves? I had zero problems with Japanese players and I've been playing since the second alpha. English community, especially in b20 is a whole another story.

Block 20 is just batshit insane people. As for deserves, well they eat up the content fed to them increasingly as it goes to one format. Of course the player base would shift in the way it has.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I need some advice. I was thinking about transferring before the 01.27 maintenance, since there's a ship transfer sale going on.
That said, I'm currently sitting on 500-600 full storage space and have no idea how to deal with that. Most of the stuff I own are weapons with random good abilities (from matter boards etc.).
I guess the best I can do is to search for weapons with abilities that are the same as the stuff I want to sell (Power III etc.) and the same number of slots?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Sorry for the double post.

I watched the first episode of the PSO2 anime and so far it's a bit underwhelming.
It was expected that there will be a lot of the real world stuff in the beginning, which doesn't make it less boring, especially because the story so far feels really weak.

The CG looks more plastic and worse than in game models or at least that's the impression I got.

It's funny how many people in that world are playing PSO2 on their Vitas - and they're doing it on buses etc!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So what is the plot of the PSO2 anime supposed to be even?
Self insert MC becomes a part of the student council and is told to play PSO2, because everyone's playing it so it's a study of the school social situation or something like that.

I need some advice. I was thinking about transferring before the 01.27 maintenance, since there's a ship transfer sale going on.
That said, I'm currently sitting on 500-600 full storage space and have no idea how to deal with that. Most of the stuff I own are weapons with random good abilities (from matter boards etc.).
I guess the best I can do is to search for weapons with abilities that are the same as the stuff I want to sell (Power III etc.) and the same number of slots?
Most things with fewer than five slots or not at least a IV are not even worth trying to sell. Look for more uncommon things like Vinculum or Modulator, otherwise you can probably just trash it.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Most things with fewer than five slots or not at least a IV are not even worth trying to sell. Look for more uncommon things like Vinculum or Modulator, otherwise you can probably just trash it.
I'm seriously thinking about taking 100-200 screenshots of all the stuff that I'm interested in selling to post it here for someone to tell me if it's worth anything.

ShinMaruku

Looks like there is a realignment coming to pso2/s population. I will check back with the next big patch although I would rather them make a PSO3 without this current crop of gits and def not with Sakai. :p

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I'm considering a ship jump to either 1 or 4, anyone else changed theirs to one of those recently?

ShinMaruku

I don't think online games are for you somehow

Online games made by the PSO2 team? Certainly not, and MMOs? Those worse, those rely on social links with wierdos. :p

On a serious note I am not leaving any ship for 1 the cost to it is not worthy of the service Sega has given and the people I play with are legit and how I play I am less effected by how much EQs are flowing and having to rely on a population to make it work. It's not worth it. Fine on ship 2 with my peeps.

Coming back to the game after a long while. At lv53 should I be focusing on the matter board and story missions? I am on Ship 2 in the Neogaf Team, I would be open to moving Ships if there is a new gaf Team somewhere else.

Man the PSO2 Anime is terrible.
Dn7dQxI.jpg

The most realistic part of the whole thing.

Coming back to the game after a long while. At lv53 should I be focusing on the matter board and story missions? I am on Ship 2 in the Neogaf Team, I would be open to moving Ships if there is a new gaf Team somewhere else.

Eh, focus on leveling up. Matterboard takes a long time to do and hunting drop after drop can get tiring. The story missions are some of the few pieces of actually designed content in the game, but it takes until late ep1/ep2 for the missions to get really interesting.

VariantX

God, the PSO2 anime dumps at least 75% of known anime tropes on you within 5 minutes. And everything and everyone is somehow devoid of personality.

God, the PSO2 anime dumps at least 75% of known anime tropes on you within 5 minutes. And everything and everyone is somehow devoid of personality.
Little Miss Perfect Student Council President? Check.
Dozens of followers for said SPC? Check.
Average Joe MC? Check.
Average Joe MC thrown into a not-so-average assignment? Hmm...

It's only the first episode, but I agree I expected a better plot based on an MMORPG that's been out for almost 4 years.

Why not make a story about the ARKS world itself?

Wonko_C

The SCP seems at odds with the idea of people glued to their "not-PS Vitas" playing PSO2 (or video games in general) in school instead of doing more productive stuff in their free time. She also warned MC to not let the game hinder his studies.

The anime is sending a pretty responsible message for what is basically a 20 minute video game commercial.

Freeman76

Can anyone help me out? Im.struggling, the affix/add abilities side of things is beyond me. I had a yas 3000 +9 with +50 range attack and i tried adding some more affixes and eventually ended up with none. My yas is 700 dmg, and im doing fuck all to most enemies in v. Hard, im level 50. Can anyone point me to a good assault rifle please?

Your skill tree is going to be 60% of your damage output in almost every scenario with your choice in PAs being another 25%. I don't play RA so I unfortunately can't advise you well on that department, but from what little I've dabbled in you generally want to focus on Weak Bullet (which unfortunately has more utility for others than it does for you, but that's the life of an RA) and attacking with One Point to start.

Freeman76

I thought to get an idea of the sort of gear I need, I would check out some JP level 70 RA players. Strangely, most of their weapons aren't anywhere near 700 R-Atk like my Yaminkov, yet they must be doing more damage at that level, if I go into S.Hard it takes about 5 JA One Points to kill an Oodan. Head scratcher

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So I finally did it. After emptying all my storages and making about 7 million on selling my old stuff (which is not much, but I haven't played in a while) I filled in the application to transfer to ship 1. I hope it's as good as they say!

So I finally did it. After emptying all my storages and making about 7 million on selling my old stuff (which is not much, but I haven't played in a while) I filled in the application to transfer to ship 1. I hope it's as good as they say!
Up for a farewell tour?

Top Bottom