• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Piccolo (Jr.) is the best "alien" character in Dragon Ball franchise

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? No GIFs!

9OoTTgs.gif

Zlj6tRr.gif

ReaperXL7

Nah, maybe one day he'll be worth something but he's still not even worthy of groveling before the Emperor of the Universe.

5262250-6130239429-51426.jpg

Calamari41

41 > 38
Anyone else feel demon king piccolo is the most intimidating villain in the series? Just something about his presence gives a feeling of hopelessness. I guess frieza comes closest

I'm with you on this (in the manga at least, I haven't gone through the whole show for the original Dragon Ball). Probably has to do with the fact that he announces his return by having a main character effortlessly killed, and then goes ahead and kills the rest of the main characters shortly thereafter, and fucking Shenron himself.

Servbot24

Banned
Kid Goku is the best character in the series, and one of the best in anime. He gets a lot worse when he grows up though.

Sephzilla

Piccolo, somewhat quietly, ends up having some of the GOAT fights in Dragonball

51783ed6199ce79585b64c79a73ce599.gif

Piccolo vs Android 17 was hype as fuck and Piccolo vs Frost was the best fight in the Universe 6 tournament

FyreWulff

Piccolo vs Android 17 was hype as fuck and Piccolo vs Frost was the best fight in the Universe 6 tournament

Yup, this is what i call the "forgotten fight". It even had slomo impact moves and everything. It was just fucking well done all around

Far and away the best character in DBZ, followed by Future Trunks and Future Gohan.

I remember seeing him for the first time as a kid and thinking he was the coolest thing that was ever created.

Daingurse

Vegeta is probably my favorite alien character in the series. The way he and Nappa were introduced in the Saiyan Saga was simply epic. Really felt ike monstrously powerful, otherworldly beings had landed on earth.

4027910-0766892584-vhtx..png

Big Green is still pretty cool though!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Huh yeah, aside from Vegeta no one but Piccolo had actually blown a large land mass right? He did blew up the moon.

Garlador

Piccolo is the best parent, yeah...

But I do think, over time, Piccolo became my favorite character in the series. He has one of the best actual arcs in the whole saga and the most evolution.

But you factor in his design, and, well, it's a god-tier design from Toriyama (I think Toriyama even mentioned Piccolo was his favorite character design ever).

I do wish he'd stop being the Warf of the series. He's mostly good for wiping out henchmen (with lots of style, admittedly), but I think he deserves to off a few more main baddies personally.

Sou Da

His best scene was in GT imo. Him telling Gohan that he had to die and that he couldn't save him cemented him as Gohan's real dad.

sibarraz

Banned
Piccolo and Gohan has imo the best master/student relationship in any kind of media, from how piccolo was forced to train the son of his worst enemy, to then sacrifice himself to save him, to this day that he even cares of pan like it was his actual granddaughter, and that gohan is way more powerful than him still treats him with respect, like his father

Anyone else feel demon king piccolo is the most intimidating villain in the series? Just something about his presence gives a feeling of hopelessness. I guess frieza comes closest

I think that Piccolo has the advantage of being the first true villain in the series, he never was goofy, and also managed to kill "key" characters like roshi and krilin (back when roshi was still maybe stronger than goku)

Frieza has this same feeling thanks to vegeta, the fact that this absolute monster that killed 3/4 of all z warriors was fucking terrified of him sold how powerful he was

Piccolo is definitely underrated as a support character. That episode where he babysat Pan and kept coming back with instructions on how to care for her makes me smile just thinking about it.

sibarraz

Banned

This match died for me after watching dragon ball abridged and realizing how fucking stupid was that spot where piccolo and 17 traded punches on their guts that deformed their entire body in ridiculous ways

Garlador

This match died for me after watching dragon ball abridged and realizing how fucking stupid was that spot where piccolo and 17 traded punches on their guts that deformed their entire body in ridiculous ways
Reminds me...

"Have you tried punching him REALLY hard?"
"That sounds like something Goku would say."
"And remember that time you've NEVER BEATEN HIM."

PSqueak

Banned
Ma Jr. is a demon.
Born on earth as well so not an alien.

Well, the namekians can fuse and split as they please, current Piccolo is mostly alien, sure the main unit designated as Piccolo Jr. was born on earth but he fused with Kami (alien who came to earth and half of the original Piccolo) and Nail (in their home planet), so he is in the very least 2/3 alien.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I know he's an alien, but in a more metaphorical way, did anyone else feel like Piccolo was a black guy?

LordKasual

Banned
Piccolo is a legit Earthling.

Vegeta, however, is definitely an alien, and just so happens to also be the best one too

I know he's an alien, but in a more metaphorical way, did anyone else feel like Piccolo was a black guy?

I dunno, he looks pretty green to me

He was making a face...

He's not wrong though, the art is Super is garbage like 90% of the time.

Yes I understand the constraints that the artists are working under with Toei.

No that does not make the art acceptable in 2016 for a series as big and iconic as Dragon Ball, especially when it's a main detractor for people considering getting into the show.

Piccolo vs Freiza Form 2 is one of my favorite fights in the series. Whenever Piccolo gets to fight with his cape and turban on, it's always good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom