• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza Hut to start rebooting brand on Nov 19 - new logo, uniforms, menu, pizza box

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxcriden

tumblr_mca0cshaFa1qlpk58o1_400.gif

I look forward to the inevitable of us lot not getting any of it.

Also, you seem like a big fan of food that's a little bit above the quality of fast food~

Haha nice .gif. I'll save you some if you want to come on over!

I do like food both fast and not-so-fast. I can indulge gladly in the rare fast food treat though~ (tilde is for your elation)

Meh. They need to change their recipe. Local is king when it comes to pizza these days, I think. The chains still beat the mom 'n' pop joints, but nobody ever raves about them. They need food that tastes... less generic or like it was made by a machine, I suppose.

Haha nice .gif. I'll save you some if you want to come on over!

I do like food both fast and not-so-fast. I can indulge gladly in the rare fast food treat though~ (tilde is for your elation)

That gif is my go-to for showing approval.

Anyways, I'd be surprised if we don't get ANYTHING. I'm just expecting to wait about 6 months or so, first. A pity, but to me, Pizza Hut is normally generally tasty, anyway. Also, I guess that the speed of food wasn't a factor about 60 years ago. :c

And ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ makes it more mysterious. Far better than using full stops all the time.

Announcing a rebranding?

Pizza Hut learning from the vijeo games industry

"We wanted to make the player CARE for Pizza. We wanted to make the player want to PROTECT it."

maxcriden

That gif is my go-to for showing approval.

Anyways, I'd be surprised if we don't get ANYTHING. I'm just expecting to wait about 6 months or so, first. A pity, but to me, Pizza Hut is normally generally tasty, anyway. Also, I guess that the speed of food wasn't a factor about 60 years ago. :c

And ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ makes it more mysterious. Far better than using full drops all the time.

Whoa, six months is a long wait for delivery, though. I mean, I understand you guys like to take things a bit slower over there, but that seems ridiculous~

GavinGT

Banned
Finally! A box that isn't just begging to pop open and have all its contents slide out.

Who the hell thought this was a good idea?:

Pizza_Hut_Eco_box.jpg

Whoa, six months is a long wait for delivery, though. I mean, I understand you guys like to take things a bit slower over there, but that seems ridiculous~

Oh, not the actual delivery of the pizza~

Actually, in light of a recent order I made from a Pizza Hut, I lied. It does take about 6 months for delivery.

Pizza Hut and Dominoes are both about equal - light years ahead of Papa Johns, pretty far behind local establishments*.

No disagreement there. Local stuff is best. But out of the major chains Pizza Hut over Domino's any day of the week. If available I would choose Round Table or Blaze Pizza over either.

DopeToast

Banned
What is your fav fellow local person?

South Park Pizza Tavern probably. They have a great beer selection too. Marion's and Casano's are always good. The Dewey's on Brown Street. Larosa's. Flying Pizza. Milano's. Ha Ha Pizza. Donato's Pizza if I want delivery. And Cousin Vinny's if I'm drunk and it's three in the morning.

GavinGT

Banned
Don't these marketing people ever think about how awkward it will be to order some of these menu items out loud?

"Hi, I'll take the Cock-a-Doodle Bacon pizza....no, make that a Pretzel Piggy". There's no chance in hell I'd order one of those.

And the fact that they're just getting around to adding 5 new toppings is perplexing. Domino's still has them beat by a factor of 2, and it's not even a question of quality over quantity because they're on equal terms.

abrack08

Finally can get a Buffalo Chicken Pizza from them. Papa John's Buffalo Chicken pizza was great but they took it away, Dominos Buffalo Chicken pizza is awful. As long as they keep the stuffed crust, I'm good.

What they really need to work on is service/delivery time, at least in Austin. And I say that having worked at an Austin pizza hut for a couple years. You can get a Dominos or Papa Johns pizza delivered way faster at pretty much any time of day. Getting cold pizza after an hour and a half wait is no bueno.

Dali

Pizza Hut is ridiculously expensive. That's probably why the other places have been eating their lunch.

maxcriden

So I had the new BBQ chicken pizza, which comes with onions (which I opted not to have), chicken, various cheeses, and a BBQ sauce drizzle. It's also supposed to come with a toasted cheese crust but I asked to try the pretzel crust instead. This is just the end crust and not the entire crust of the pizza. The whole thing was a bit doughier and more pillowy than I imagined, but that wasn't a bad thing. For delivery pizza, I'd say it was pretty tasty actually, a solid 8.5/10. Not a superlative pie, but still very tasty by fast food standards. The chicken was solid quality and plentiful, the cheeses pleasing without being overly greasy, and the pretzel crust was quite delicious, an excellent juxtaposition of saltiness to the sweetness of the BBQ drizzle.

Please excuse the iffy quality iPod Touch pic:

How about new restaurants or renovations, thats what they desperately need, tables are sticky, building is old and run down and just plain dirty. Pizza is good, restaurant itself and service not so good. None of this addresses the biggest issue they have imo.

Don't these marketing people ever think about how awkward it will be to order some of these menu items out loud?

"Hi, I'll take the Cock-a-Doodle Bacon pizza....no, make that a Pretzel Piggy". There's no chance in hell I'd order one of those.

And the fact that they're just getting around to adding 5 new toppings is perplexing. Domino's still has them beat by a factor of 2, and it's not even a question of quality over quantity because they're on equal terms.

I haven't called a Pizza Hut in years. Their online ordering system is great

No disagreement there. Local stuff is best. But out of the major chains Pizza Hut over Domino's any day of the week. If available I would choose Round Table or Blaze Pizza over either.

Round table is by far the best wide chain, but they're also pricey.

Me n eds in central California is also great. You drown in toppings.stuff like artichoke hearts and green onion which I expected from the title. But no.

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
Wish they didn't change the hand tossed recipe half a year ago. It was really good and then it just sucked. Plus they added milk and cheese to the dough which is garbage.

ElRenoRaven

I'm ok with these changes. I can get the pizzas I love and some great new flavors too. That Parmesan sauce is sounding good.

Wait, these assholes put mushrooms in the meatballs? What kind of Trojan horse bullshit is that? I could inadvertently make myself very ill because of stealth fungus.

Fuck you, Pizza Hutt.

Shit, didn't notice that. I was really pumped for the meatballs too :(

JC Lately

Have they tried not having shitty pizza? That’s where I’d start.

But I’m just a cubicle monkey, what do I know about pizza? Other than not to get it from Pizza Hut. Obviously.

kirby_fox

Banned
Looks like they're just doing what some other chains are doing around here and have been for years.

They're just making it a slightly less bigger deal than Domino's did.

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
Finally can get a Buffalo Chicken Pizza from them. Papa John's Buffalo Chicken pizza was great but they took it away, Dominos Buffalo Chicken pizza is awful. As long as they keep the stuffed crust, I'm good.

What they really need to work on is service/delivery time, at least in Austin. And I say that haven't worked at an Austin pizza hut for a couple years. You can get a Dominos or Papa Johns pizza delivered way faster at pretty much any time of day. Getting cold pizza after an hour and a half wait is no bueno.

Just had a Buffalo Chicken Pizza from Papa John's today, they brought it back temporarily.

I keep hearing about how Domino's has improved but they don't even have them here in Fort Wayne anymore. I think there is a store in New Haven but that isn't within delivery range. Blech.

The only time I order Pizza Hut is when I feel like a Taco Pizza. It is about the only thing I ever crave from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom