• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Playstation 5 The Future of Gaming Show' had a 4 times bigger Audience than 'Xbox Games showcase"

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Relax and play some Ghost, my friend. Save some money for 6 months and by that time both consoles will be out, Halo fixed and just buy both consoles.

Either that or a second job and get both sooner ;)? :LOL: congrats for keeping the part up (must be difficult to stay in character for long)... still, you may want to research Cerny's career if you were not playing a console warrior troll character :p.

Last edited:

Topfuel

Either that or a second job and get both sooner ;)? :LOL: congrats for keeping the part up (must be difficult to stay in character for long)... still, you may want to research Cerny's career if you were not playing a console warrior troll character :p.

I really have no preference. Hopefully Halo will be fixed and the MP will have some legs for some time. Hopefully next Forza Horizon is set in Japan so we can do the whole Mid Nite club early 90s wangan racing. Hopefully the next GT7 has a good single player mode. Hopefully we get some nice new IP like Ghost. Hopefully resi8 and pragmata is good. Hopefully we get Vf6 and Outrun 3. :)

Sony's strategy with their marketing, and hype building has been second to none so far. Anyone can try to refute this as much as they want. But the metrics of Sony's, well, really minimal campaign so far shows that their messaging is concise, simple and straightforward.

They want to give us the BEST experience on their console, and I believe it. Because so far, the PS5 in my eyes right now looks like the only truly next gen jump.

Xbox needs to change their marketing team, because its absolute bollocks. Is it next gen? Doesn't look or feel like it. When your FLAGSHIP launch title looks like an average XB1 game, there is a major problem.

B-b-but it's optimised for the XSX! And? Who cares when it looks like its from E3 2017? You can't even run it on the console that your releasing in 4 months? That frightens me.

All of the crap you've been talking about, VELOCITY ARCHITECTURE! SFS! VRS! 12 TFLOPS!

It means absolutely nothing... they've been talking... and talking... and talking for months. Oh that's right, I have to wait years to actually see these things in practice. Not good enough.

Its almost like they didnt know the end of the generation was coming, and its taken them by surprise. Sony has been planning this for YEARS, and the difference is mind boggling.

MS isnt competing with anyone, I really wanted them to put the hard yards in and come out guns blazing. But their attitude is in the lines of "its good enough"

Im just Happy that Sony hasn't become complacent in their ways, especially because of how much of a shitkicking they gave MS this generation. They're still investing everything they have into it, and it shows.

Sorry, rant over, I guess I just expected too much from MS. Big mistake.

Top Bottom