• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Warren: Xbox Showcase on June 9th. Will Include Release Dates for Indiana Jones, Flight Sim '24, Avowed, CoD '24 (and will also have Gears 6)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Microsoft is in the middle of planning for its big summer Xbox showcase. I understand this is set to take place on Sunday, June 9th, and Microsoft is currently planning to announce a new Gears of War game at the show. A Gears announcement won’t be the only new Xbox game at the show, which will also include release dates for upcoming Xbox games like Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024, Avowed, Indiana Jones and the Great Circle, and of course, a new Call of Duty that’s set to debut later this year.

edit: He says 'new Gears of War', not Gears 6. But you get the idea.

Last edited:

OverHeat

« generous god »
6vgCdBJ.gif

adamsapple

A deep dive of Fable would be nice. Maybe something from Double Fine. TEW3 from Tango would be supreme and a massive W for Xbox.

I have a feeling Fable is a little farther out, maybe a late 2025 title.

TEW3, or even Hi-Fi Rush 2 announcements would be great, since a good portion of Tango has been free since shipping Ghostwire Tokyo.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I have a feeling Fable is a little farther out, maybe a late 2025 title.

TEW3, or even Hi-Fi Rush 2 announcements would be great, since a good portion of Tango has been free since shipping Ghostwire Tokyo.
I want Ghostwire 2. That game is super underrated. And the school DLC they put out was better than the campaign so I think they were just getting the hang of it.

adamsapple

Avowed and new cod for me. This cod is threyarch one right?

Correct. Treyarch, supposedly the longest time in development any of the recent CoD's have had so expected to be a much more refined game and not a cash-grab like last years MW3.

I would take a Ghostwire Tokyo sequel as well. It's an underrated horror gem.

The only reason Ghostwire exists is because they didn't want to make another Evil Within, so it's probably more likely that you'll see a new Ghostwire before a new Evil Within.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Correct. Treyarch, supposedly the longest time in development any of the recent CoD's have had so expected to be a much more refined game and not a cash-grab like last years MW3.

The only reason Ghostwire exists is because they didn't want to make another Evil Within, so it's probably more likely that you'll see a new Ghostwire before a new Evil Within.
I never need another Evil Within. Just do new stuff. Games take too long. I like how experimental they are now. 1 sequel is enough.

Darsxx82

This showcase is increasingly presented as the event of the year (or even of the generation) because of everything that can result after it.

From the multitude of projects and games to be announced or shown by MS, COD marketing ,to having a clear image of XBOX's future strategy, the Xbox hardware roadmap, possible new announcements in the multiplatform strategy.....

Many things to know.

Last edited:

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
They will show a trailer and release window for the expansion.
You aren’t wrong! They will show that during the show and then the subsequent ps5 announcement during the week after. I think that whole week after the showcase there will be several PlayStation announcements of MS games. Perfect time to lighten the impact on Xboxers due to the hype that should ensue…of course, that’s assuming the rumored showcase, games, and release dates are indeed announced.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
You aren’t wrong! They will show that during the show and then the subsequent ps5 announcement during the week after. I think that whole week after the showcase there will be several PlayStation announcements of MS games. Perfect time to lighten the impact on Xboxers due to the hype that should ensue…of course, that’s assuming the rumored showcase, games, and release dates are indeed announced.
It's certainly possible. I guess we'll see.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
It's certainly possible. I guess we'll see.
Definitely. I could be way off base, but it’s been a wild last half year for the industry. Who knows. I personally hope all console exclusives disappear over the next few years, se we can all play whatever game we want on our console of choice. Unfortunately, it probably won’t happen, because they are ultimately businesses.

adamsapple

Last edited:
Genuinely looking forward to Indy, I must say. Avowed…. Well in 2019 I was excited for it 😆. Dunno about that one anymore.

? They’re both 2024. Are you thinking they’re gonna be delayed? After such a long development I would
Think they’re pretty cemented at this point.
This industry has a pretty good track record of announcing dates just for games to be delayed anyway. So I expect at least one of those to get delayed.

This industry has a pretty good track record of announcing dates just for games to be delayed anyway. So I expect at least one of those to get delayed.
I’m thinking the reason they waited so, so long to show either of them was specifically to address the issue you have just laid out.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Definitely. I could be way off base, but it’s been a wild last half year for the industry. Who knows. I personally hope all console exclusives disappear over the next few years, se we can all play whatever game we want on our console of choice. Unfortunately, it probably won’t happen, because they are ultimately businesses.
If Starfield hits PS5, it would probably not be before 1 year later. That's September. It would be a GOTY edition likely. And I don't know if they would promote it for 3 months, but probably announce it shortly before the release date instead. Maybe around the time Avowed is hitting. Just my theory.

Last edited:

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
If Starfield hits PS5, it would probably not be before 1 year later. That's September. It would be a GOTY edition likely. And I don't know if they would promote it for 3 months, but probably announce it shortly before the release date instead. Maybe around the time Avowed is hitting. Just my theory.
That’s a solid theory. I’ve been saying it will be out this fall/winter sometime…but who knows when they will sneak the announcement in. Hard to say, with the way they announced the last three games.

it's nice to be optimistic. but I am more of a realist especially regarding what has now become a normalization in the industry
I’m sure everyone involved wanted both games sooner, but certainly things happen and plans change. At least with specifically these two games, there never was a release date until the January showcase. I think both are in polish and QA testing and basically finished.

Last edited:
Top Bottom