• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Warren: Xbox Showcase on June 9th. Will Include Release Dates for Indiana Jones, Flight Sim '24, Avowed, CoD '24 (and will also have Gears 6)

LordCBH

Having a good showing for Gears 6 would make it a pretty good one for me. Though they should go back to calling it Gears of War. Calling GoW5 just Gears 5 was stupid.

Having a good showing for Gears 6 would make it a pretty good one for me. Though they should go back to calling it Gears of War. Calling GoW5 just Gears 5 was stupid.
Coalition have the talent to make something amazing IMO, they've been given a significant amount of time to make this new game and I'm hoping they've used the time wisely. A reinvented Gears is what's needed not the same old one.

Sounds like it could be a good show.

The gears franchise has turned into something I'm not really interested in anymore, so I hope they can go back to its roots and innovate in different ways to make it exciting again. I'm sure visually it will be top notch

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
gears tactics 2

I would not, not, be opposed to that ..

Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

DaGwaphics

Nice! Looking forward to seeing more of Indiana Jones.

It seems like Choudhry headed up the back compat teams. Hopefully they've got good people to take over there, as the BC is always one of the more interesting parts of their hardware transitions. Maybe we'll find out more about the new controller, as that was potentially launching this year.

DeaDPo0L84

I want a new Gears game, but I also know given the recent track record that it'll be garbage. So I'd rather they just do a complete remake of the original trilogy.

Darsxx82

Game is probably dead

they are sitting on Sea of Thieves

which is disappointing because I couldn't get into SoT and Everwild looked promising
I don't think a game that is "probably dead" was continually mentioned (recently) by a huge amount of RARE developer profiles.

The game is known to have been "rebooted" 2 years ago, but today there is certainly not a single sign of cancellation, quite the opposite. In fact, I am sure that if the project had been canceled at this point, this fact would already be known or leaked.

In addition, it is also known that the work on updates and the PS5 port of SOT itself is in the hands of third-party Studios.

Last edited:

splattered

It would be nice if they put all CoD games on Gamepass. They cost a lot despite being years old.

I think the only COD i haven't bought along the way are WWII and Infinite Warfare?

The only ones i bought physically and havent bought again digitally are BLOPS3 and Advanced Warfare?

LordCBH

Coalition have the talent to make something amazing IMO, they've been given a significant amount of time to make this new game and I'm hoping they've used the time wisely. A reinvented Gears is what's needed not the same old one.

Been a fan of their work so far. Def thought 5was much better than 4, but 4 was still pretty damn fun.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
If we do eventually see a future where both companies' games are on both systems (at least to some degree) i will still most likely favor Xbox hardware... i've just never really been into the PS hardware for some reason once Xbox released.
I prefer the Xbox hardware as well

I prefer the controller layout by a lot plus the Elite controller is superior to the Edge and the Xbox wireless headset just works which is more than I can say for 2 pairs of the pulse elites I tried

Game is probably dead

they are sitting on Sea of Thieves

which is disappointing because I couldn't get into SoT and Everwild looked promising
I'm holding out hope :pie_gsquint:
Supposedly it was completely scrapped and rebooted a year or two ago (based on the omni-present 'insider' chatter) so it might be a while.
I can wait. I hope it's still being worked on even if it's taking a new form or direction.

Topher

Gold Member

I prefer the controller layout by a lot plus the Elite controller is superior to the Edge and the Xbox wireless headset just works which is more than I can say for 2 pairs of the pulse elites I tried

I've found all console headsets to be shit really. Cheap plastic,unreliable. Finally gave up and went wired, open backs.

clarky

Gold Member

Elite controller all the way.

Edit: I do wish they'd sort out reliability issues though. But I just can't go back. I hate symmetrical sticks and the back paddles on the Elite are awesome.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Elite controller all the way.

Edit: I do wish they'd sort out reliability issues though. But I just can't go back. I hate symmetrical sticks and the back paddles on the Elite are awesome.

I've never had a problem with mine. I'm with you though. Can't go back. Although I don't think twice about sym vs asym

clarky

Gold Member
I've never had a problem with mine. I'm with you though. Can't go back. Although I don't think twice about sym vs asym
Usually the bumpers go. I've had 3 crap out. Still workable as you can remap the bumpers to the paddles if you need to. Although buying a new one stings a bit less as you can just get an elite core for "only" £100 and reuse the paddles and accessories. Still sucks for the price though.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Usually the bumpers go. I've had 3 crap out. Still workable as you can remap the bumpers to the paddles if you need to. Although buying a new one stings a bit less as you can just get an elite core for "only" £100 and reuse the paddles and accessories. Still sucks for the price though.

Sometimes I legitimately wonder what some of y'all do with the controllers to get them busted so frequently :p

I have the same Xbox pad for 4 years and Dualsense for almost 3 and they work perfectly. Sticks aren't as 'tight' as they used to be day 1, but that's just wear and tear from normal usage.

The only other controller I've bought since 2020 is the limited edition Starfield one, but that was more for collection's sake and because it looks so goddamn beautiful.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I've found all console headsets to be shit really. Cheap plastic,unreliable. Finally gave up and went wired, open backs.
The main thing I love about the xbox headset is each ear is a giant dial one to adjust game volume and the other to adjust voice chat, makes changing those super easy

But right there with ya, prefer wired open backs with a VModa mic

The only reason I like the Xbox layout is my huge are giant bear paws and when playing COD on PS5 my thumbs can rub together at times

Topher

Gold Member
The main thing I love about the xbox headset is each ear is a giant dial one to adjust game volume and the other to adjust voice chat, makes changing those super easy

But right there with ya, prefer wired open backs with a VModa mic

The only reason I like the Xbox layout is my huge are giant bear paws and when playing COD on PS5 my thumbs can rub together at times

Ah.....makes sense. My hands are pretty average size so one doesn't really make a difference over another. But I guess Xbox controllers are probably more universally comfortable when taking into account larger sized hands.

Fredrik

This is it. This will be the show where they either kill the Xbox brand on console or revive it. Sony is about to unveil PS5 Pro. Nintendo is about to unveil Switch 2. Right now Microsoft have nothing to actually compete in hype, they’re at the bottom of their game right now.
Exclusivity talk and hardware talk, or a nail in the coffin.

Last edited:
Top Bottom