• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation CEO Confirms They Worked With Activision on PS5 Haptics Development

I never imagined a day where the PlayStation controller was better than Xbox’s, Xbox was so far ahead for a while. But the DualSense is legit great, my fav controller. The haptic feedback enhances games, especially if you play campaign. Modern Warfare 2 was the first cod I bought for PlayStation because the campaign was legitimately enhanced by the haptic feedback. And of course I want (and many others) want the most premium experience possible, the DualSense provides that.

Bond007

Sorry, but when this is the argument, no platform holder can buy any publisher again.

OR as Microsoft said. They are in a unique position to outspend Sony out of business.
This isnt short term exclusives- this is about paying billions and aiming to buy out the market to muscle their way to first as usual for them.

Hey im all about aquisitions and i think Sony has done a good job grabbed studios to support what they have. The studios dont fall apart afterwards and are managed well. I dont see them out here buying massive studios just to swallow the market - they cant afford to.

I don’t see Xbox getting a big enough market share to get Sony out of business. PlayStation is such a big brand in comparison to Xbox, even if they would lose some popular third party IP, it would take decades to lose all the loyal customers.

When not even a good value like GamePass can move the PS owners to Xbox, I don’t see them going because of some third party exclusives.

But I also think Microsoft should better invest in marketing and partnerships with retailers than buying the competition. They need more visibility.

Guilty_AI

So you haven't used it? And everything is a gimmick unless you deem it worthy?
Its a gimmick if you can look at it, think "Do i need this to play games?" and come up with a negative answer.

Would you get a controller without dual analogue sticks for general gaming use? No.
Could you get a controller without dual sense features and still play basically all games without issues? Yes.

Top Bottom