• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation confirms that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II is the biggest PlayStation Store launch EVER for a Call of Duty game

Mr Hyde

vQMFqCr.gif

Power Pro

I really don't get the insane appeal for this IP, but whatever...
Same here. It has been stale for over 10 years. I understand the appeal in the MW1, MW2, and original Black Ops era, but it just hasn't changed enough since then. The fact that it just coasts on it's past success, and continues to sell as well as it does hurts my brain trying to understand. I think because the solution is often disheartening; people are dumb.

They talk like they knew the deal is not gonn happen.
All the contrary. They know this deal is going to happen.

Also, I like how they are sending this hidden msg telling the authorities to “ look how big this game is ! Biggest in the world !!
Hidden? Sony has the receipts and they have show them to the regulators.

Can’t be owned by a competitor because they have money “
They are not saying that.

feynoob

Banned
They talk like they knew the deal is not gonn happen.

Also, I like how they are sending this hidden msg telling the authorities to “ look how big this game is ! Biggest in the world !! Can’t be owned by a competitor because they have money “
Sorry to burst your bubble, but as ChorizoPicozo ChorizoPicozo said, the deal would happen.

This is just a dig at MS recent physical copy.

"The best selling franchise on Xbox" somehow translated in French to "PlayStation."

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
How is this possible? Was someone drunk?
It was a mistake, but for those of you who dont know when packaging gets translations companies have two choices: in house translators who help with packaging art, or they outsource it to agencies for bilingual text. I've seen both methods done at companies I've worked at. One company had a 5 person team of French translators as we did tons of literature.

If I was a betting man, mistakes definitely happen more when the company outsources it. And even worse (not for this example which was a typo), but when companies outsource artwork to agencies, the attitudes you get from them to change things is insane. Half the time they dont want to rework it how the client wants. Laziness. Ego. Not sure. But you'd think they'd work their magic how the client wants, however sometimes the marketing department here gets stonewalled unless someone up the chain of command gets involved. Then the work gets done correctly. Funny how that works. Assholes.

Last edited:

I'm nobody

They're trying too hard now.
Explain this to me how
I work in a game store in the UK and more cods was sold on ps than Xbox here in fact someone traded in a Xbox version last night
we even sold every ps5 we had in stock with a copy of cod

It's true Sony fans support cod more than Xbox fans and stats show it if you look

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Explain this to me how
I work in a game store in the UK and more cods was sold on ps than Xbox here in fact someone traded in a Xbox version last night

It's true Sony fans support cod more than Xbox fans and stats show it if you look

This i guess is there last ditch attempt, it's just like it was with the 360 and modern warfare but the roles reversed.

I guess Sony may feel like the deal is deffo going through so now all they can do is feed the public opinion and hope to make fans angry at Microsoft for what will be taking away there exclusivity deal to favour gamepass.

Mephisto40

And this is the reason it will never get dropped from Playstation, as much as everyone wants Activision to turn into Microsoft's bitch, Activision actually like making money

Wait…..this site told me cod hasn’t been popular since bo3, and never would be again….what the fuck is going on?!?!?

And btw, for the people that have the “it’s never leaving PlayStation” opinion, realize the stronger argument is about micro-transactions…. Don’t let sacred symbols trick you into believing it’s PlayStation numbers.

Last edited:
Explain this to me how

Lol the PlayStation just has a crazy amount more following….has nothing to do with the average PlayStation fan vs. Xbox

Drizzlehell

Banned
Seeing games like these breaking sales records year after year makes me feel like we're living in one of those dystopian futures where movies and games get endless sequels and literally no one has a good taste anymore.

You know, Back To The Future II kind of future.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
The fact that it just coasts on it's past success, and continues to sell as well as it does hurts my brain trying to understand. I think because the solution is often disheartening; people are dumb.

It only shows that Playstation fans have as much disguting taste as anyone else.

Seeing games like these breaking sales records year after year makes me feel like we're living in one of those dystopian futures where movies and games get endless sequels and literally no one has a good taste anymore.

Have you guys played it? Its pretty fun. Lots of content at launch too with a ton more on the way. Has some bugs to be sure but has launched in a better state than 95% of other Western online games these days. I put over a hundred hours into Elden Ring & enjoy MW 2022 more.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Have you guys played it? Its pretty fun. Lots of content at launch too with a ton more on the way. Has some bugs to be sure but has launched in a better state than 95% of other Western online games these days. I put over a hundred hours into Elden Ring & enjoy MW 2022 more.
Yeah I played every single one of them so far and guess what - it's the same shit every year.

Just stop buying this junk. Play the last one that has "warfare" in the title if you must, there's probably like 15 of them already. At least you won't have to spend as much money on it.

chixdiggit

My thoughts exactly. Game is a lot of fun with a lot of content. Someone show me something similar that is better.

Top Bottom