• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: The Biggest Disappointments of 2023

phaedrus

My biggest disappointment of the year:

NeoGAF servers.

Run Away GIF

Last edited:

Gp1

Starfield, by far.

Who the hells still waits for something from Konami, COD, DC or the MCU?

THIS 10000X

starfield is so much better than ff16 and I say this as someone who loves FF (even 13 12,3) boring characters/story terrible framerate. But saying that ff16 is bad won't get IGN clicks like saying starfields name (because no one cares about 16)

Starfield is the worst parts of FF16 (side content fetch quests) stretched into hundreds of hours with terrible writing to boot

So, no.

Drizzlehell

Banned
PSVR 2 launched with like a billion games, a lot of which were pretty great. IGN are clowns for putting it on the list instead of shit like Gollum or Forspoken.

Cyberpunkd

Starfield
The Marvel Cinematic Universe
PlayStation VR2's Launch Line-Up
The Flash
Secret Invasion
Redfall
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Metal Gear Solid Master Collection Vol. 1

Strange, I think Xbox should be there as well. Supply problems were solved and what’s the result - PS5 is crushing it.

Aion002

THIS 10000X

starfield is so much better than ff16 and I say this as someone who loves FF (even 13 12,3) boring characters/story terrible framerate. But saying that ff16 is bad won't get IGN clicks like saying starfields name (because no one cares about 16)
Wallace Shawn Reaction GIF by CBS

Someone that truly loves Final Fantasy will say that Dirge of Cerberus is good, FF X-2 is fun, Dissidia NT is not that bad, FFXIV at lauch was ok, FFXV Complete Edition is truly a complete game and WILL NEVER, EVER, SAY THAT A BUGTHESDA GAME IS BETTER.

bernie mac friday movie GIF

/s

Anyway, Starfield sucks.

Last edited:

Hestar69

Wallace Shawn Reaction GIF by CBS

Someone that truly loves Final Fantasy will say that Dirge of Cerberus is good, FF X-2 is fun, Dissidia NT is not that bad, FFXIV at lauch was ok, FFXV Complete Edition is truly a complete game and WILL NEVER, EVER, SAY THAT A BUGTHESDA GAME IS BETTER.

bernie mac friday movie GIF

/s

Anyway, Starfield sucks.
DoC is alright and FFX-2 has 1000 words and I enjoyed it minus having to 100% it for the real ending Dissidia NT is bad tho.I also like ff15 minus the combat (something 16 actually did good)
beth games are buggy and not perfect but I've enjoyed them all

Last edited:

Ogbert

The biggest disappointment is, without doubt, Diablo 4.

Game is fucking dull.

What’s so depressing is that Blizzard genuinely tried.

SJRB

Gold Member
How can anyone be disappointed with that list when you could see the subpar quality of pretty much all of those titles coming from a mile away.

If you were caught off guard by games like Redfall being trash than you haven't seen ANY gameplay footage prior to release.

Also - no Diablo 4 on that list is kinda weird.

Horizon Call of the Mountain, RE8 VR mode and GT7 VR mode is not a bad launch lineup imo. Plus it’s been a flood of games since. I guess it could have been better.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Starfield is fine for anybody with realistic expectations. The issue is Xbox zealots overhyping it as >95 meta GOAT material which was always going to lead to disappointment.

“no but FF16 is worse” is just console warz

If someone directly says FF16 is worse than starfield then yes it could be console warring , but if they just say FF16 like me and few others then no it’s not console warring . FF is a highly regarded series for some of us which comes with high expectations. FF 16 greatly disappointed many fans expecting a traditional FF rpg and not a mediocre DMC. 👎

Starfield also sucks but I had little expectations for that game so it’s definitely not my most disappointing game.

Mephisto40

Yeah,no. starfields flawed but it was fun...ff16 was a SLOG to play. Only good thing about it was uninstalling it and freeing up all that ssd space
I enjoyed FF16 way more than I did Starfield, so I'll respectfully disagree with your view

At least FF16 had great boss battles, Starfield's boss battles / battle involved running around jankily shooting a guy in cave for 10 seconds

Last edited:

Shifty1897

i mean, yeah, i'd certainly hope so. as always, 'better than 13 & 15' is not really saying a whole lot. it's all them other ff games that it's not better than that's where the disappointment comes in, eh?...
If you haven't liked a mainline single player Final Fantasy released in the last 17 years, I don't know why your expectations would be so high for this one.

Top Bottom