• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting 2013 Thread: Go Fourth

You're kidding... you've got to be kidding. Have you even seen Crysis 3 max`d on PC? Lol.

i wasn't talking about graphics. :)

watch dogs for ps4 is $99 on amazon, wtf?

i think it's because amazon doesn't know what the final price will be (ie: if it is going to raise above $60 this gen, which it probably won't) so in order to keep from having to honor thousands of prices that are too low they price it higher than they expect it to be. that way when the real prices are announced they can change the price and give all those that preordered already the new lower price via their low price guarantee. whew, mouth-full.

mclem

The social feature did me in too, I don't want that in a system. But, we current have them on this generation of consoles. It's just that people don't have the tools to do it so Sony is giving them the tools.

Actually, I disagree strongly with this, for a reason that hasn't really been touched on: I've said a few times that I'm very worried about the cost of development in many cases; Killzone in particular looked very expensive to put together and that's just a demo.

If we exclude all the 'get more revenue out of the purchaser' options for how to recoup development costs, we end up with needing more sales to hopefully make ends meet. And, frankly, I'm not convinced that the sales figures we got from PS3 and 360 this gen are realistically viable to do that. The audience needs to be expanded; not the way Nintendo did it, they need enough people out there to purchase their games... and *maybe* all these social features are their way in to doing it.

Where the fuck was NeoKAZ? :( The spokesman with his high pitched voice was really boring to listen to and has no charisma at all. Jack Tretton is much better.
I expected a lot more big reveals to be honest. Sony had a big mouth before this meeting but they failed to meet expectations imo.

I don't give a crap about the whole "social" and "sharing" part of the PS4, a lot of things I will probably never use.
Killzone: Shadow Fall (amazing looking game) and Watch Dogs were the only things that made me excited.

hlhbk

WTF it's been a few hours since the PC ended, why no replay of the stream that isn't on a loop and already in progress?

Can anyone answer me which were launch titles and which weren't? I mean, is it a good bet to assume most were?

i didn't hear any of them mention they would be at launch, but i heard a few say that they would launch on PS4 first and/or on time with all the other platforms. The Witness being one and i Destiny also said it would be on PS4 simultaneous with PS360.

Watching friends play their games and vice versa is gonna be awesome.

My sister watches me play games all the time, it's something many people do and enjoy. Hope it all makes it for launch.

Does everyone think this could be 2013 worldwide, as this was live streamed globally and had a large number of journalists from the Uk / EU in attendance?

It didn't end with 'holiday 2013 US' and seemed like a general term. MS and Nintendo have both managed a worldwide launch, I'd like to think Sony can.

Jburton

Banned
This reveal tonight:

tumblr_lgkckh1yV31qa30dn.gif

1. Target Renders
2. No date
3. No price
4. Bullshit

Care to name all the target renders?

Almost all footage was real.

No date?

Holiday 2013

No price?

Never going to happen this early, just makes business sense and does not give MS a target to aim at.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Why does everybody keep saying all target renders? The 2 most impressive- drive club and Killzone, were clearly Gameplay.

I don't recall them talking about their games being on a Blu-ray disc. In fact, all I heard was the word "downloading" when talking about acquiring games. Did I miss a key bit of info here?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't recall them talking about their games being on a Blu-ray disc. In fact, all I heard was the word "downloading" when talking about acquiring games. Did I miss a key bit of info here?

It has a 6x BD - but I can't help but fear it's for PS3 games only until they come out and say otherwise :p

Diagol

The conference definitely made me interested in the system. The biggest disappointment though was not actually seeing what it looks like.

I can understand why they didn't want to show absolutely everything though. E3 is only 3 months away, and MS still hasn't shown anything yet on their end too.

Consider my interest piqued though. I would recommend everyone on here to take a look at this thread though (as there's more info in there that wasn't detailed in the conference like how each PS4 will have a headset, USB 3, Blu-ray drive, etc.): http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=514512

mclem

What do you think the odds are of that? The market who would respond to those features does not give a shit about AAA blockbusters, and killzone least among them.
Nonono, I meant the social features could help to broaden the audience that gets exposed to a given title, in turn - potentially - increasing its revenue.

Actually, on a further subject of audiences, I didn't really see anything tonight that I felt would appeal to a Japanese audience, except maybe Drive Club. Wonder what the overall reception has been like over there.

Con_Smith

Banned
I liked the PC and am glad Sony has seemed to take a more sensible approach to the hardware but my brain hurts from arguing on another site against people who think that all we saw was about social features and sharing. I understood it was a feature they wanted to show, but I was more interested in Sony detailing their plans for next gen. As a coming out of sorts I walked away pretty excited and hungry for more news.

So hyped for the PS4 after that meeting. The video share, stream, instant demo features were amazing. Having a friend instantly start streaming your game and help you through levels, being able to play a game while it's still downloading and capturing and uploading gameplay straight from the console all sound awesome. The games looked like a big leap from the PS3 especially considering Killzone and Drive Club are aiming to be launch titles, plus there's that godly 8GB of GDDR5 RAM.
The only thing that worries me is the price, but I guess we'll have to wait until E3 for that, and hopefully some more game reveals including games from ND and SSM.

So hyped for the PS4 after that meeting. The video share, stream, instant demo features were amazing. Having a friend instantly start streaming your game and help you through levels, being able to play a game while it's still downloading and capturing and uploading gameplay straight from the console all sound awesome. The games looked like a big leap from the PS3 especially considering Killzone and Drive Club are aiming to be launch titles, plus there's that godly 8GB of GDDR5 RAM.
The only thing that worries me is the price, but I guess we'll have to wait until E3 for that, and hopefully some more game reveals including games from ND and SSM.

start selling your GIFs now.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

I'd wager 400. Sony is going to take a loss on this but not anywhere near PS3 levels. The latest I will get it is around February with income tax but I will aim to grab one for launch.

I dont think it makes any sense whatsoever to include a 6x blu-ray drive for the sole purpose of playing movies. If it has a drive, especially a 6x blu-ray you can bet they will use it for games.

it's going to be used for games for sure. higher speed BD drives exist, but i assume 6x reaches the speed they need it to be, with anything faster not giving them any increase in performance.

also, someone on GAF noted that there is currently "no spec" for BD movies or games to be manufactured onto those giant quad layer BD discs, and that those will probably only be used for home PC burning by consumers. i have a good feeling that *when* a physical medium is decided on for 4K content (as sony said it is in the works) it will be on those discs. even with the new compression method (h.265?) they'll be using.

/speculationmyheadhurtsrealbad

AColdDay

This is the console worth getting a second job for. Wow, they absolutely killed it. I had low expectations, but even if I would have had been reasonably hyped this would have exceeded my expectations.

This is the greatest hardware reveal conference I have ever seen. I would say it is unbelievable, but after seeing that, I think I'm a Sony believer.

Wow.

Top Bottom