• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting 2013 Thread: Go Fourth

Cyberia

If this console releases in November, where will I be playing COD? On the old console, or will there be a release day version on the PS4? This is most important to me.

Eric Hirshberg said during the meeting that they will bring multiple titles to the PlayStation 4 within the launch window so there is hope.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
PS4_IMG_1_0109_Layer_337.jpg

Some thoughts..
Granzella: is the Disaster Report creator,they need to make spiritual successor of that.
PG: but some people are saying they are in bed with Nintendo now?
Nixxes: are they finally going to make their own games instead of just porting SE games?
Acquire:Studio is still stuck in the PS2 era tech-wise,not sure if want.
Codemasters: No Cockpit view.
Lucid:pGR spiritual successor please,pretty please.

Zaki2407

Finally watched the conference on youtube. I think it,s a great conference overall. To be honest, I was really hoping they show what it looks like. But I can understand their strategy for not showing the box yet. We have some big gaming related conferences/shows through out this year. Maybe this is how it,s going to look like :

GDC (March 2013) : Sony share more in-depth info about the technology behind PS4 and share some more footages of new games.
E3 (June 2013) : Sony unveil the final design of PS4, price and release date for every region and also several launch titles. The media can finally have hands-on experience on the new console.
Gamescom (August 2013) : Europe first taste for the new console. Sony finalize all the launch titles for every region.
TGS (September 2014) : PS4 final big exhibition. All launch title will be playable. I guarantee we will see another version of Ridge Racer for the launch ^_^.
End of November/Early December : Launch day (I,m guessing for Japan and USA first, followed by Europe early 2014)

Ok Microsoft, your turn now! ^_^

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I think they should ditch the button colors while they have time to tweak it.Looks better and Sony get to save on paint :p

Quick paste of vita buttons instead
http://i.imgur.com/jUWruXu.gif[/QUOTE]

you are doing it wrong,DS4 need the superior Vita's d-pad not the vita buttons.

UrbanRats

Some thoughts..
Granzella: is the Disaster Report creator,they need to make spiritual successor of that.
Acquire:Studio is still stuck in the PS2 era tech-wise,not sure if want.

Give me another Disaster Report and a new ShinobiDo, and i'll get this shit D1.
ShinobiDo 2 on Vita almost got me to buy that system, despite looking like a mod of the original one on ps2.

Point is, i've spent so many Summer hours on ShinobiDo, it's embarassing; Raw Danger (or however it's called around the world, ZZT2) was a fantastic (if hilariously bad at times) experience.

I'd like that Vita-button-version much more.
100% agree, those face buttons look cheap.

Has Sony said anything about keeping your same PS Network ID for PS4? Similar to how it is for PS3 to Vita. Shared info, trophy info, download history spanning all platforms and same online name.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I'd like that Vita-button-version much more.
I own a Vita but for PS4 I like the colored buttons better, the all black is just too dull IMO. Maybe on an all white controller with white buttons and black print I would like it.

Did anyone do a comparison of the Luminous Engine demo supposably running off PS4 hardware to the orignal one that was running on a GTX680?

DS4 is sexy. I didn't know how they could improve on the DS3 while keeping the form factor fundamentally the same; they did it.

And I suspect that people who dislike the color buttons haven't owned a PS1 and/or PS2. That shit is classic and it wouldn't be a Dual Shock without it for me.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
So why isn't the meeting on the PS Store? I missed it. Im looking for a 720p/1080p feed. Anybody?
Missed opportunity IMO. They should have plastered the Store with the announcement, pushed out video clips to every plus member with Automatic Updates on, and updated the What's New section in the XMB with links to the store instead of 1 link to the ustream feed.

I have no doubt in my mind MS is gonna cover the dashboard with it when they make their announcement, Sony should have taken a page out of their book for this announcement.

Missed opportunity IMO. They should have plastered the Store with the announcement, pushed out video clips to every plus member with Automatic Updates on, and updated the What's New section in the XMB with links to the store instead of 1 link to the ustream feed.

I have no doubt in my mind MS is gonna cover the dashboard with it when they make their announcement, Sony should have taken a page out of their book for this announcement.

this is why they need to fix the PSN store update and the management team for ps4 launch.

Is anyone know if Ken Kutaragi was at the event? I accidentally saw the post on gamefaqs stating that he arrived to New York on Feb 19th. It's quite possible since he was at 2011's PS Meeting and PS Awards. It would be pretty cool :)

For anyone that hasn't gone back and looked through the thread, going from page 73 onwards for a good 5 minutes was like looking at a bunch of 5 years olds in a toyshop. Amazing at how excited we all were at the time.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=514454&page=73

Haha it kinda great, by the time neogaf was stable enough for me to look at the thread it was already +150 pages... I was kinda stunned. Ill have to go through and read it sometime

zeopower6

I'm interested in how the Gaikai-like service will work for Japanese games. Hope we get more information about it in the upcoming months. :)

Ploid 3.0

I was going to make it, probably still will. Though 15mil views seem standard for a new reveal of a long awaited next gen entry. Hmm.

Top Bottom