• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Portal remote player will launch in select markets on November 15, 2023

BootsLoader

Banned
There's no need for PS+ φίλε μου, this device streams directly from your PS5 console.

You can also use it outside your home by connecting it to your phone's wi-fi hotspot but...we all know the absolutely shitty prices for mobile internet in Greece 😉

Cheers
Actually, prices for mobile internet in Greece are very good as long as you have a contract. Otherwise, yes they are not good. (I myself have a contract with unlimited data).

RoadHazard

Gold Member
My country not good enough for you huh? Well guess what, the Portal isn't good enough for me then!

(I wasn't buying it anyway, lol.)

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Actually, prices for mobile internet in Greece are very good as long as you have a contract. Otherwise, yes they are not good. (I myself have a contract with unlimited data).

Hey boots 😉

Vodafone and Wind (now NOVA) always had...ridiculous MB (MB, not even GB) limits on their respective a la carte programs (Cosmote too), we're talking about 600MB (Wind) -1 GB tops (Vodafone ) per month (12€) - I still remember my buddy saying to me " man, there was this craazy Wind promotion running back in December '22 where they gave us 3GB for free ! " when I last visited Greece back in February '23, needless to say, I lol'd 😁...

Here in Italy, I'm paying 10€ a month for 500GB and unlimited voice calls and sms - don't know how much you're paying for your monthly contract but I think that that's gonna be around then 30+ euros mark, correct ?

Same thing also when it comes for internet at home : i used to pay 40+€ a month for a 100Mbps FTTH connection (Cosmote) while here in good ol' Italy I'm paying 22€ a month for a...1Gbps FWA connection 😉

The internet situation in Greece is years behind the rest of Europe unfortunately due to the usual "cartels" that be...

Anyways,.sorry for the off-topic , take care, Cheers friend !

Crayon

My itch to buy toys I won't use is acting up. I need to knock that off though. I have several vintage handhelds to enjoy around the house so I'll try to get back to being happy with what I have. I'd feel better just giving the money to someone who needs it. Okay this is getting a little personal lol.

Anyway, thing is neat and I'm looking forward to impressions here.

Raonak

Banned
Isn't internet quality bad in Australia? Not trolling, that's just the understanding I get from the couple aussie friends I play games with lol
I'm from NZ, but internet quality is great, we've got fast fiber everywhere.

The only reason there's lag if there's no dedicated oceanic servers, or your playing P2P with players from the opposite side of the world.

Ozzie666

No roos or kiwis in the first phase, thanks Sony. Is it our power plugs? Regardless of what people think, our internet ranges from average to great, just at higher costs compared to the rest of the civilized world. But with PS Link, that shouldn't matter anyhow.

Last edited:

Embearded

There's no need for PS+ φίλε μου, this device streams directly from your PS5 console.

You can also use it outside your home by connecting it to your phone's wi-fi hotspot but...we all know the absolutely shitty prices for mobile internet in Greece 😉

Cheers

Yeah i know how this one works, i am kust saying they promised Greece would support PC streaming and still nothing.

Cyberpunkd

Translator's note: later means never.
Wrong. Sony was way ahead of Microsoft with product availability, they were even localising PS2 games in Poland in early 2000s, at that time you couldn’t even have an XBL account set to Poland or use the store.

I’m sure they are going to roll it out to other countries as well.

Ozriel

M$FT
Preordered

Will I use it?

Christian Bale Idk GIF

Same boat, honestly.

A device like this would certainly have come in handy when my kids were still too young and I couldn’t play M rated games around them.

Now? I dunno. But it’s a shiny new thing so I want it

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
There's deffo a state of play coming. I feel they did this before the lat one. Little drops of info. Etc

Also, this things doa

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
I'm drunk right now but

If this thing doesn't flop I'm losing the last shred of hope in gamer humanity I have.

Buy a used Vita or track down a pippen or something have some self respect DAMN IT!

AREYOUOKAY?

I'm drunk right now but

If this thing doesn't flop I'm losing the last shred of hope in gamer humanity I have.

Buy a used Vita or track down a pippen or something have some self respect DAMN IT!
I wouldn't worry too much. It has anti-hype from the start.

Don't think I've seen praise for it like anything Vita related.

VGsx3Sr.jpg

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

I'm drunk right now but

I'm pretty sure there are more gamers like me with a family life, who do not always have their tvs available for whatever reason, who are buying this for practical reasons.

I don't understand why this is so hard for some people to understand.

BootsLoader

Banned
Hey boots 😉

Vodafone and Wind (now NOVA) always had...ridiculous MB (MB, not even GB) limits on their respective a la carte programs (Cosmote too), we're talking about 600MB (Wind) -1 GB tops (Vodafone ) per month (12€) - I still remember my buddy saying to me " man, there was this craazy Wind promotion running back in December '22 where they gave us 3GB for free ! " when I last visited Greece back in February '23, needless to say, I lol'd 😁...

Here in Italy, I'm paying 10€ a month for 500GB and unlimited voice calls and sms - don't know how much you're paying for your monthly contract but I think that that's gonna be around then 30+ euros mark, correct ?

Same thing also when it comes for internet at home : i used to pay 40+€ a month for a 100Mbps FTTH connection (Cosmote) while here in good ol' Italy I'm paying 22€ a month for a...1Gbps FWA connection 😉

The internet situation in Greece is years behind the rest of Europe unfortunately due to the usual "cartels" that be...

Anyways,.sorry for the off-topic , take care, Cheers friend !
I’m traveling between Greece and other Europe countries often in the year. It is very obvious that infrastructure and internet speed is bad in Greece (not everywhere but in most places of Greece).

Also, I am not denying what you say about the data being expensive in Greece, however, I have a contract and I am paying 35€ (Vodafone) and I have unlimited data (with free roaming for EU) along with unlimited Voice calls across all EU and unlimited sms.
For me it’s a very decent pricing in comparison with other contracts I see in other countries across EU.
That’s my 2 cents anyway. Have a great day!

Zadom

I imagine it will be like PSVR2. Exclusive to PS Direct for a bit and then in select retailers.

What is up with this drift scare from the past few years. Just take care of your stuff people.
What causes controller drift? I have never had it in my whole life. Am I lucky?

DjMystix

Pre-ordered. This is day 1 for me. What is astonishing for me is all these tech gurus on youtube and all media outlets complaining about lack of bluetooth. Have you ever played PS Remoteplay with bluetooth headsets? There is like 1 second audio delay. Bluetooth does not make any sense for this device, people would complain even more if they added it and people finding out about the audio delay.. This is not a device I will watch youtube/netflix on. They had to come up with with a different tech to deal with audio delay. I can see why they ended up with the PS Link feature. Sony's fault too, they should've clarified this.

I love PS remoteplay and I absolutely love that they went for an 8" screen size. I use remoteplay on steamdeck and gcloud all the time but it always feels like a compromised experience. So looking forward to this.

Last edited:

Rob_27

So you can't use the Pulse 3D with this unless it plugs in via a jack is that right? But it will also output via small speakers?

Top Bottom