• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

ABnormal

Really the main thing I fault them for is not going heavier in on hybrid ports and having no non-VR games.
Yes, for the present timeline of VR, that would have been the most important card on the software side. There's the need of someone who understand every needed aspect for VR on consoles.

NoobSmog

What's the best psvr2 to get some cardio in? This weather makes it kinda hard to get motivated to go to the gym.

I know they have a workout game but im not that interested in that.

I was looking at

Synth Riders remastered (dont really like the song catalogue)
Beat saber (not too thrilled about having to buy song packages)
Tennis on court (or any other tennis game)

Any ideas?
I'm in really good shape and 2 games that I had to take breaks from for several days from being sore were creed and until you fall. In creed I didn't really want to stop mid fight, or go again if I lost (the hard mode is really hard!). For until you fall it's run based and I didn't want to stop mid run. So basically I'd recommend a game like that where you want to push on even if you start getting tired.

sncvsrtoip

What's the best psvr2 to get some cardio in? This weather makes it kinda hard to get motivated to go to the gym.

I know they have a workout game but im not that interested in that.

I was looking at

Synth Riders remastered (dont really like the song catalogue)
Beat saber (not too thrilled about having to buy song packages)
Tennis on court (or any other tennis game)

Any ideas?
Defenitly Les Mills Bodycombat but its not game rather fitness app and some can find it quite boring, I like it.

SilentUser

It’s been announced that Rec Room isn’t coming to PSVR2 because of the “numbers.”

https://www.reddit.com/r/virtualreality/s/r714vmxLbx

At this point it just kinda feels like PSVR2 is dead in the water. Don’t really see it getting much better from this point.
Pretty sure it is not as simple as that, since they are going to release RecRoom on Apple's headset... With 0 platforms sold as of now 😅 It feels like they are trying to get Sony to fund for a port. Of course, if PSVR2 was selling gangbusters the devs would do the job by themselves, but we all knew it wouldn't be a massive seller since fhe very begining. Thankfully I have one to play games and I'm loving it since day one.

aclar00

Anyone know the reasoning for not allowing the Sense controllers to be used for non-VR games?

I'm not quite yelling doom and gloom yet, but Sony needs to up the 1st party support and at least spend some money on advertisement. Let us know what's going on. Shit is beginning to feel like EyeToy and Move.

Ar¢tos

Anyone know the reasoning for not allowing the Sense controllers to be used for non-VR games?

I'm not quite yelling doom and gloom yet, but Sony needs to up the 1st party support and at least spend some money on advertisement. Let us know what's going on. Shit is beginning to feel like EyeToy and Move.
No touch pad (as if games made an extensive use of it...)

Last edited:

sncvsrtoip

Ive seen a few people mention hybrid games and im curious to see how others feel about it and what it means in their opinion?

The ladder climbing in RE4 got me wondering about how 3rd person games would work in VR. RE4 looks great when climbing the latters and makes it seem as though it would be playable in 3rd person in VR, much like moss or Astro.

With that said, how feasible would it be just to implement a simplified VR mode for some 3rd person games? Only drawback i can think of is limited field of view.
Imo hybrids or flat ports are only financisly possible method to get many aaa titles with not many owners of headset. Its the way Sony should push more.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Pretty sure it is not as simple as that, since they are going to release RecRoom on Apple's headset... With 0 platforms sold as of now 😅 It feels like they are trying to get Sony to fund for a port. Of course, if PSVR2 was selling gangbusters the devs would do the job by themselves, but we all knew it wouldn't be a massive seller since fhe very begining. Thankfully I have one to play games and I'm loving it since day one.
There was a really snarky comment too from a while back. The developers basically mocking Sony "fanboys" who are constantly asking for the game to be brought over. I'm not sure where it was posted but I saw a screenshot of it in a discord a while back.

The headset isn't dying. It's either AAA or indie stuff. There really isn't an in-between with VR. We get a ton of indie games and the occasional AAA title. I hope the headset is selling well enough but the content isn't going to dry up anytime soon.

SilentUser

There was a really snarky comment too from a while back. The developers basically mocking Sony "fanboys" who are constantly asking for the game to be brought over. I'm not sure where it was posted but I saw a screenshot of it in a discord a while back.

The headset isn't dying. It's either AAA or indie stuff. There really isn't an in-between with VR. We get a ton of indie games and the occasional AAA title. I hope the headset is selling well enough but the content isn't going to dry up anytime soon.
I think I never saw this comment. Maybe it is for the better this way 😅

Corian33

I’m randomly decided to bust my back out and use it some, go on the store to see if there’s any good stuff to pick up and right there is Ultrawings 2, a $20 game that’s exactly what I wanted from Day 1.

Very fun, runs silky smooth, and doesn’t make me nauseous.

Also, D-Day Enhanced looks pretty enticing too for what it is.

It’s great! I’ve completed 2 licences, a few missions and purchased my first airport. It takes a bit of getting used to, but it’s really fun and reminds me a lot of Pilotwings.
I've golded all licenses on Quest 2. It's super interesting and I can't live without occasional flying!!
First part of the game is very easy but you will be blown away of what comes next. Third and forth 'aircrafts' are unbelievable!

Markio128

I've golded all licenses on Quest 2. It's super interesting and I can't live without occasional flying!!
First part of the game is very easy but you will be blown away of what comes next. Third and forth 'aircrafts' are unbelievable!
I can see me trying for gold in each mission. Considering how a few of the recent releases have been, I’m pleasantly surprised by how polished it is, and how smooth it plays - props to the devs. I only have one issue, which is I can only use the VR flight stick to shoot - if I use the control stick to fly, it won’t let me use the guns. I’m getting used to it though, so not a biggie.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Just wanted to share a clip of Dyschronia: Chronos Alternate showing a bit of visual style and audio. The options unfortunately don't allow audio mixing and the music itself is somewhat low in the mix, doesn't seem that way in the headset though, just on social screen. This clip showcases a piece of music that I really enjoy and it kind of encapsulates the vibe of the game so far. I tried to find the OST online but it doesn't seem available. It's a melody that plays when you're resolving citizen's nightmares. It's an interesting story so far and really cool to experience in VR. Apologies for the long-winded explanation, just wanted to share that in the event that someone watches the clip and is like, "wtf is this non gameplay footage??" lol.

SilentUser

Just wanted to share a clip of Dyschronia: Chronos Alternate showing a bit of visual style and audio. The options unfortunately don't allow audio mixing and the music itself is somewhat low in the mix, doesn't seem that way in the headset though, just on social screen. This clip showcases a piece of music that I really enjoy and it kind of encapsulates the vibe of the game so far. I tried to find the OST online but it doesn't seem available. It's a melody that plays when you're resolving citizen's nightmares. It's an interesting story so far and really cool to experience in VR. Apologies for the long-winded explanation, just wanted to share that in the event that someone watches the clip and is like, "wtf is this non gameplay footage??" lol.

Man, I saw a snippet of the streaming you did while playing game and it looks great! Never cared much about it, but now it's on my radar.

Markio128

Now I’ve gotten used to the controls in Ultrawings 2, I’m flippin’ loving it! Just bought the comet and nearly lost my dinner when I took off for the first time 😂. That plane is aptly named and it’s top fun taking down drones in it. I am struggling a bit with the fuel management aspect of the Comet though.

SilentUser

Guys, what are your expectations for the SoP tomorrow? Hopefully Metro is indeed at least hybrid. Not expecting much tbh, specially not from 1st party. Would love to be wrong.

Minsc

Gold Member
How is the Metro series after 2033? I enjoyed STALKER and 2033, but after that it gets pretty hazy for me. Pretty sure I finished 2033, but it's been a while.

I feel like it would be a fun VR game, but potentially pretty terrifying too if they kept it in the same key as those two games (though I feel like it probably got more over the top and less scary each sequel).

I'd love to see something other than a first person game get the AAA spotlight though. Perhaps that's one of the reasons Astrobot is so loved. Even Wipeout would be third person right? So yeah, I have to say I'm most interested in stuff that isn't first person since we always get that.

Pelao

How is the Metro series after 2033? I enjoyed STALKER and 2033, but after that it gets pretty hazy for me. Pretty sure I finished 2033, but it's been a while.
Last Light became too action-heavy for my taste compared to 2033.
Exodus adopted a structure in which some chapters have small open worlds to explore, and others are more linear and narrative-driven as in the previous games. I loved Exodus. Nice balance between the quiet moments of 2033 and the action of Last Light. Also, the atmosphere of each chapter is very distinct, which is nice.
Still, I think any of the three games' approaches would work great in VR.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I loved Last Light, but never finished Exodus. Exodus also had/has some of the worst enemy AI I've ever seen.

SilentUser

Yeah, very low expectations here, too. I think the new Ghostbusters mode will be there and maybe one or two games and that's it. One might actually be Aces of Thunder release date. Just hoping the other will be a cool new game. Still, will watch it since the time fits my schedule.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Yeah, very low expectations here, too. I think the new Ghostbusters mode will be there and maybe one or two games and that's it. One might actually be Aces of Thunder release date. Just hoping the other will be a cool new game. Still, will watch it since the time fits my schedule.
Imagine an Ace Combat 8 announcement with the full game playable with PSVR2 and HOTAS support of course. Would take some of Aces of Thunder steam, but damn would I be happy.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Man, I saw a snippet of the streaming you did while playing game and it looks great! Never cared much about it, but now it's on my radar.
Yea, I don't know if the gameplay elements open up further in, it's really just wander around and interact with things at this point but it's nice to have something so completely different from horror or a shooter, etc. Hopefully it goes on sale for $20 again soon. $40 might be a regretful price point if it doesn't connect but I think for $20 it's well worth dipping in.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Guys, what are your expectations for the SoP tomorrow? Hopefully Metro is indeed at least hybrid. Not expecting much tbh, specially not from 1st party. Would love to be wrong.
Not sure what to expect, I've really trained myself to not get hyped on any kind of announcement but I am still hoping for the best. My biggest wish is that Sony really did intend for PSVR2 to be a soft launch of sorts in 2023 and they've been working hard on substantial updates for the headset user experience and announce details on that.

For instance, that piece of news from a few weeks ago that proposed Sony working on dynamic foveated rendering for playing flat games in the headset. Anything that will allow the headset to become more useful is what I'd really like to see.

SilentUser

Legendary Tales looks insane. 4 player coop too and potentially exclusive to PSVR2. Looks like it was on Steam VR in 2021

Who wants to coop? I'm EST time zone.
This game was released in September 2021 for PC VR, iirc. My brother has this game. Wonder if it will feature crossplay, that would be nice.

Edit: oops just saw your edit 😅

Last edited:
Top Bottom