• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

fart town usa

Gold Member

giphy.gif

:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Great way to showcase the dynamic foveated rendering.
53501314298_b1ebb92ddf_h.jpg

Last edited:

SilentUser

Nice story about the development of the game (on PCVR and PSVR2). They actually downgraded from U5 to U4 because of PCVR 😅

It feels like the game really is a passion for the dev. Cool to see Sony's reaction to the game and how he feels about being in a State of Play. Wish him the best!

SilentUser

Zenith: Nexus - The collective name for our two game modes, Zenith: The Last City and Zenith: Infinite Realms. Zenith: Nexus will be free, opening the doors to millions of new players. Your game will automatically update to Zenith: Nexus when we launch the next update.

More in the link.

Both games showed during the State of Play looked awesome.
A few more of these and a price cut, and I might actually get a VR2.
Both games would profit from having non VR Move controllers still existing for PS5 (and PC) and that being a cheaper way of playing them. Metro might anyway work with some tinkering as a non VR game on regular controllers as well, so VR exclusive seems to be a dumb/risky idea.

With the Until Dawn remake coming I wonder why Sony did not also contract someone to redo Rush of Blood and or make it a DLC for Switchback. It boggles my mind that someone does a rollercoaster shooty bang bang thing and does not do it for several IPs. I don't know Switchback but the actual content shared between Rush of Blood and Until Dawn itself was invisible, but RE, SilentHill, Outlast, Souls, Castlevania, Jason, Freddy, Inception, Jurassic Park etc themed rides should be very possible and practically limitless which should be kinda easy money if they can figure out a licensing arrangement. But neither Rush of Blood with VR1 nor Switchback now seems to do any of that.

Ar¢tos

A few more of these and a price cut, and I might actually get a VR2.
Both games would profit from having non VR Move controllers still existing for PS5 (and PC) and that being a cheaper way of playing them. Metro might anyway work with some tinkering as a non VR game on regular controllers as well, so VR exclusive seems to be a dumb/risky idea.

With the Until Dawn remake coming I wonder why Sony did not also contract someone to redo Rush of Blood and or make it a DLC for Switchback. It boggles my mind that someone does a rollercoaster shooty bang bang thing and does not do it for several IPs. I don't know Switchback but the actual content shared between Rush of Blood and Until Dawn itself was invisible, but RE, SilentHill, Outlast, Souls, Castlevania, Jason, Freddy, Inception, Jurassic Park etc themed rides should be very possible and practically limitless which should be kinda easy money if they can figure out a licensing arrangement. But neither Rush of Blood with VR1 nor Switchback now seems to do any of that.
There is a reason why RE VR games are basically a separate version, it's because the gameplay is totally different.
How would you decide to pick a sword by the blade or the exact position of the blade to grab using a Dualsense?
How could you change the movement of your attacks from vertical to diagonal or horizontal easily with a Dualsense?

Some games are made for VR and can't be changed to non VR without massive reworking (the same with flat to VR, like RE that is a complete rework of the games), and not all devs, specially indie devs, can afford that.

Last edited:

SilentUser

Oh hell yeah! That's the game I've playing all the (little) free time I have. I'm doing a 1000 pieces puzzle and loving every second of it, but the resolution could and should be higher. I'm excited for this update!

fart town usa

Gold Member
I just realized that I can play PS3 Eye Pet in 3D via the PSVR headset. It's also compatible with the Move controller. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

All I gotta do is soft mod the PS3 but man, it terrifies me. I might have to order a backup and use that to get my brute force PS3 VR experience.

sncvsrtoip

Yep. Bizarrely, the idea of Microsoft putting their Xbox games on Playstation instantly makes the PSVR2 a much better proposition!

Thanks Phil!
Microsoft has 0 interest in vr for now so chances are not so big (we see other studios with no interests without any hybrid games like f1, avatar, wrc etc)

Last edited:

Resenge

Legendary Tales looks fantastic. Curious if I'll focus on melee or magic for my build. I guess I'll find out this weekend.

Wish it was on Quest 3. Myself and a friend have PSVR2 but the other is Quest 3.
Does your friend have a gaming pc? Ignore the reviews as its for the early access version which is a very old version of the game I hear.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Does your friend have a gaming pc? Ignore the reviews as its for the early access version which is a very old version of the game I hear.

I think his PC is relatively powerful. I'm not sure if he's tried to connect it with Steam yet. He's pretty new to VR so still getting his sea legs. We all have Ghostbusters though, need to try the update out.

SilentUser

Wish I could play LT already, but it seems like my life is actually going to block my gaming happiness for the next few days 😅 my brother briefly played the game yesterday on PC and I loved what I saw. But I wish they update it to make possible to hold the button to hold the weapon instead of only having the toggle mechanic.

darthvargi

Only had an hour or so to play Legendary Tales. The only negative I've found and others have brought it up is the toggle grip. It makes throwing things virtually impossible.

Outside of that it's like Dungeons of Eternity on steroids. The melee combat is Blades of Sorcery good and it's a real game, not an arena fighter. I'm really impressed. Visually I'm not blown away but I've just finished RE4 Remake so that has likely skewed my impressions. It's worth the price though.

RavageX

What's the best psvr2 to get some cardio in? This weather makes it kinda hard to get motivated to go to the gym.

I know they have a workout game but im not that interested in that.

I was looking at

Synth Riders remastered (dont really like the song catalogue)
Beat saber (not too thrilled about having to buy song packages)
Tennis on court (or any other tennis game)

Any ideas?
I like Les Mills Body Combat. Usually its at a good price.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I played through the tutorial of Legendary Tales at lunch. I can already tell this game is going to be amazing. I think it's gonna end up feeling like Kings Field w/ coop.

It's indie as F but the gameplay is solid and there's so many pieces of gear and builds to experiment with. The combat is so cool; parrying, smashing fools with my shield, beheading goofy looking skeletons. I feel like the knight in the opening cutscene in Demon's Souls.

I'm actually glad this thing is $55. It shows that you don't need cutting edge graphics to deliver a proper experience.

Ar¢tos

Interesting info I found on reddit, Legendary Tales dev was defending the price (basically they priced at 55 to not undervalue other indie devs that make games for 20-35 because of the length and scope of LT compared with a 6h puzzle game that sells for 25-30) and he said that install base was also taken into consideration and that, based on his research, PSVR2 is at 1.3m now.
What was the last number we got, to compare growth?

RavageX

I played through the tutorial of Legendary Tales at lunch. I can already tell this game is going to be amazing. I think it's gonna end up feeling like Kings Field w/ coop.

It's indie as F but the gameplay is solid and there's so many pieces of gear and builds to experiment with. The combat is so cool; parrying, smashing fools with my shield, beheading goofy looking skeletons. I feel like the knight in the opening cutscene in Demon's Souls.

I'm actually glad this thing is $55. It shows that you don't need cutting edge graphics to deliver a proper experience.
Is it longer than 4 hours?

Resenge

Legedary Tales Devs posted some updates.

Here are the more interesting points.

Before start anything, There is a bug that one skill doesn't work. don't invest the point to Martial Arts It won't save.

Seated feature. When I heard seated feature, I was confused with crouch feature. So I wasn't sure what I have to say. But I understood now by talking some our game fans. Especially I am really sad that some of disabled gamer can not play because of it. It might you realise at this point or not, We internally care disabled or someone has disadvantage from their body condition. The proof is that we put stars on item Crystal Magic has 1, Unique has 3 and Lengedary has 4. It was for someone who can not recognise the color well. It was added almost 2 years back then one of our gamer asked us this feature for himself. Yeah, So, we will definately look into seated feature but it will take time because ; It's on holiday, I am working on office for gamers, but I don't want to ask my team to work on holidays. So will take more than a week from now.

Crouch feature, 100% not coming. I know you don't understand why. But crouch feature is a balance destroyer in our game. Think if your character is crouching, many of our monsters can not attack you. It is balance-wise decision. I know some of people would say, "We won't do it" Well, there is a important theory about game design I learned so far, gamers say they never will play cheat way. But eventually they do, that is what most of Mobile games offer. Let me stand up and shout, no crouch. It's not for our game. especially I don't want people being upset because random person jump into your session and wiping the ground. hit legs only and make game boring. One of my job is protecting game fun for our gamers.

Hold grip feature, I understand why some of you want this, I would like to bring it later for PCVR index users(they don't have grip button at all and index controllers are too sensitive it seems) But if there was no PCVR users, then I would say, might be no. Because I know time goes by, most of you will play end of game, It brings you really intensive fights. So, actually you might feel pain your finger and/or finger muscle.So, I want to suggest, you guys, would you try to get used to it while we are looking at the feature? It might not that bad in Legendary Tales ( I want to specify only our game, because gun shoot I believe hold-grip is better)Weapon control with Toggle grip : Toggle grip Juggling during the fight

Then the rest of the post is defending the price. Personally I do not have a problem with the price.

Last edited:

SilentUser

Interesting info I found on reddit, Legendary Tales dev was defending the price (basically they priced at 55 to not undervalue other indie devs that make games for 20-35 because of the length and scope of LT compared with a 6h puzzle game that sells for 25-30) and he said that install base was also taken into consideration and that, based on his research, PSVR2 is at 1.3m now.
What was the last number we got, to compare growth?
Pretty sure Sony only officially revelead the numbers just once, way back in may of last year when they announced almost 600k sold.

Markio128

I really want to play Legendary Tales, but there’s no chance atm with a nutter pup in the house. I’ve managed to squeeze in a few sessions of Ultrawings 2, but that’s about it. LT seems like the kind of game you need to fully get immersed in to enjoy.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I really want to play Legendary Tales, but there’s no chance atm with a nutter pup in the house. I’ve managed to squeeze in a few sessions of Ultrawings 2, but that’s about it. LT seems like the kind of game you need to fully get immersed in to enjoy.
It's rewarding in short sessions too. Like if you had 30 minutes or so to play, you'd be fine with gathering new loot, leveling up, finding new fast travel spots, etc. The game allows you to create a portal and fast travel back to camp whenever you want. Can save and exit if something comes up. It seems incredibly fair with dealing out goods. I've already found a handful of legendary items. Just casually grinding now and getting familiar with the mechanics. Currently level 12, rocking a falchion and mid-size shield. Also got a magic wand with a nice ranged fire spell. Arrows are unlimited for the bow but it's hard to be accurate with moving enemies.

Markio128

It's rewarding in short sessions too. Like if you had 30 minutes or so to play, you'd be fine with gathering new loot, leveling up, finding new fast travel spots, etc. The game allows you to create a portal and fast travel back to camp whenever you want. Can save and exit if something comes up. It seems incredibly fair with dealing out goods. I've already found a handful of legendary items. Just casually grinding now and getting familiar with the mechanics. Currently level 12, rocking a falchion and mid-size shield. Also got a magic wand with a nice ranged fire spell. Arrows are unlimited for the bow but it's hard to be accurate with moving enemies.
Things should get a bit easier in a few weeks, so I’ll jump in then. It looks like my kind of game though (I’ve been crying out for a game like this in VR for ages) so I can’t wait to give it a try. The main issue I have is that the dog wakes up if I stand up, so I’m only playing a couple of sitting games in short bursts. I believe that LT is meant to be played standing ideally?

Top Bottom