• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

PanzerCute

Damn, we lost again against the boss of Book V in Demeo :/ oh well, I guess I'll have to play more another day 😎
I beat it with some level 75 on Quests. Such a cool and impressive boss! 4th boss is very stylish too.

Almost 40h with the game.. and Im still quite addicted!

Dont sleep on that game, guys, it's a 9/10 imo.

SilentUser

I heard the only way to get XP is to actually finish the campaign. Any comment on that? I'm sure I'd love Demeo but the thought of grinding for hours and not getting anything for it gives me major pause.
You don't level up your character at all, all the exp does is opening up cosmetics and you get exp by finishing a level, not the whole campaign.
You can grab cash scattered across all levels and buy cards right after you finish a level and start a new level on the same book. The cash is reseted when starting a new book.
The cash itself is very relevant as you want to buy some cards to use it on the next level. You can also get cards while playing a level by killing monsters, opening treasures or discarding unwanted cards. Everyone of your party will get them at same time you do while playing a level. Buying cards are separated for everyone, though.
Basically there is no grind at all in Demeo, but some levels are kinda hard and, when you lose, you have to restart the book from the very beginning. I'm love it even when I lose lol

Minsc

Gold Member
You don't level up your character at all, all the exp does is opening up cosmetics and you get exp by finishing a level, not the whole campaign.
You can grab cash scattered across all levels and buy cards right after you finish a level and start a new level on the same book. The cash is reseted when starting a new book.
The cash itself is very relevant as you want to buy some cards to use it on the next level. You can also get cards while playing a level by killing monsters, opening treasures or discarding unwanted cards. Everyone of your party will get them at same time you do while playing a level. Buying cards are separated for everyone, though.
Basically there is no grind at all in Demeo, but some levels are kinda hard and, when you lose, you have to restart the book from the very beginning. I'm love it even when I lose lol
How does the game handle dying when the rest of the party still lives? Do you come back after the fight or something?

SilentUser

How does the game handle dying when the rest of the party still lives? Do you come back after the fight or something?
Each player has 3 lives each level. You can be revived by your partners when they go to your tile, by using a healing source at the level or by throwing a healing potion on you. You can also revive yourself by using a healing potion. However, there is no way to revive after you fell 3 times in a same leve: you must wait for your team to go to the next level, then you will be back for the next level :)

Last edited:

Techies

You get downed, and must be revived within 3 turns. Think the more you get downed, the less turns your team have to get your hero up until that hero is simply dead. You do come back to alive when your team goes to the next floor.
When you are dead, you can also just leave that game and rejoin, but you will join as a new hero without gold, or your perma +1 potions.

For instance most characters apart from the wizard do 3 damage on normal attack. You get strength potions that give you +1 damage up to +3 damage. Those buffs are lost when you rejoin, so staying alive until last floor is preferable and having your OG team to the end.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Appreciate that. Makes sense and addressed my concerns.

Minsc

Gold Member
Still running through my 3 main games - I've finally figured out Synth Riders enough to reliably get 100% normal/perfects with 0-2 poors, but no misses - so lightning bolts are my initial goal for every song. That game really gives you a lot of songs in the initial purchase, even running through 2-3 a night it'll be quite a while before I make it to the DLC.

The only really annoying thing is when it's your first song of the game the leader boards (the only way to see if you've run through the song with no misses) don't work. When you go to self to see your ranking every song just displays No Results or something. Only after you've played a song does all your leaderboard data display. Weird little bug, but I guess not the end of the world, at least it still keeps track of the basics. Nothing like Final Fantasy rhythm games though, the results screen is a work of art, it track every single note in the song for every song. This game throws away all the nice results it shows at the end (number/percentage of perfect/normal/poor and misses/etc), and only saves your score and any feats (no misses, no poor, etc). Shame because rhythm games are really all about score attacks when it comes down to it. But its enough and quite fun regardless.

Puzzling Places I don't think I'll ever get bored of, even if putting together the inside of buildings is a bit more awkward and challenging because everything is right up against your eyes, it's still very charming to play.

And lastly RE8. The game that really never ceases to impress. I am now in a water-world type location, with boats and docks and giant fish monsters, and windmills, and it's another fantastic set piece for the game (water when done right looks amazing in VR). Every area in that game is such a joy to run through in its own way, and it's nice this one really is a bit more action/cartoony than horror. Also got to take out one of the beefier Lycans with the face mask using just a mine, pipe bomb, and two shotgun shells to the face, sometimes I feel like I've really got it all figured out now in combat! Definitely do not sleep on this game, it's such a great VR experience if you're able to play by its rules.

Markio128

I think out of all the games due to be released in 2023 for PSVR2, the one that interests me the most is Synapse. I really like the look of the visuals, with the black and white environment against the coloured enemies. I bet that will really pop in VR, plus it looks like it could be a fun game. I really need a single player action shooter with the mechanics of Pistol Whip.

Last edited:

Markio128

That and Foglands (dunno when it will be out) are interesting, with Synapse having the edge. Gorgeous artstyle and it is coming from a studio with great VR pedigree, if I remember correctly.
There are quite a few decent looking 3rd-party titles on the horizon. Do you think Sony will have another 1st party VR game ready to ship this year?

My dream announcement would be for the Resistance Fall of Man trilogy to be released as a VR title. Or maybe even Killzone.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Just stuck mine on the for the first time.

Bloody hell. I have none of the issues everyone has talked about. Sweet spot is fine, not bothered by the mura effect at all.

I guess maybe because I'm well used to VR I can ignore any of the negatives.

But this is easily the best VR headset I've ever tried. Easily.

SilentUser

There are quite a few decent looking 3rd-party titles on the horizon. Do you think Sony will have another 1st party VR game ready to ship this year?

My dream announcement would be for the Resistance Fall of Man trilogy to be released as a VR title. Or maybe even Killzone.
Don't do that to me... I need a Resistance VR title! Would love to have a brand new title. Hell, even a remake of the main titles in VR would be enough.
According to rumors, supposedly there is a Killzone VR coming and ot was being made by Supermassive, but Sony wasn't happy with how things were going and decided to change the studio.
There has to be quite a few titles being produced by Sony studios, probably most of the being hybrid. I have faith that we will see what's coming to PSVR2 for the rest of this year and the next one when Sony finally makes a new Playstation Showcase.

Minsc

Gold Member

Bloody hell. I have none of the issues everyone has talked about. Sweet spot is fine, not bothered by the mura effect at all.

Now load in to RE8 and make it inside the castle and be prepared to be floored (this may take 3-4 sessions).

Last edited:

SilentUser

Though I never owned a VR headset before, I jad some previous experience with two different headsets. I simply love PSVR2, it is a fantastic piece of tech.

Now load in to RE8 and make it inside the castle and be prepared to be floored (this may take 3-4 sessions).
This! Village is my game to go when I want to show the headset to friends. Marvelous title, honestly. It remains solidly as my second favorite PSVR2.

Minsc

Gold Member
This! Village is my game to go when I want to show the headset to friends. Marvelous title, honestly. It remains solidly as my second favorite PSVR2.
I have my House of Beneviento save if I ever show off the headset, it seems like a fantastic place to demo it, there's no actual combat to need to mess around with, it's a nice and creepy but not at all scary (for the first 30 minutes), then they can just walk around, complete the puzzles and get to the pitch black hallway by the well and rip the headset off their face haha. Have a similar save in Lady D's house where there's not really any enemies around before she's following you all over that's nice to show the graphics off.

PanzerCute

Just showed PSVR2 to a friend yesterday and was really impressed to the point of seriously considering buying one :D He tried Resident Evil Village, Drums Rock, NMS and C-smash. He will be back soon to try other games and with more free time to play them.
I showed it a few days ago to my father in law, 65 year old and not a gamer in the slightest, who went batshit insane with Horizon demo and yelled of joy like a toddler for every game I showed him.

He now has my PS4 and my PSVR1 :D

I didnt expect that at all.

Macaron

Banned
Still running through my 3 main games - I've finally figured out Synth Riders enough to reliably get 100% normal/perfects with 0-2 poors, but no misses - so lightning bolts are my initial goal for every song. That game really gives you a lot of songs in the initial purchase, even running through 2-3 a night it'll be quite a while before I make it to the DLC.

The only really annoying thing is when it's your first song of the game the leader boards (the only way to see if you've run through the song with no misses) don't work. When you go to self to see your ranking every song just displays No Results or something. Only after you've played a song does all your leaderboard data display. Weird little bug, but I guess not the end of the world, at least it still keeps track of the basics. Nothing like Final Fantasy rhythm games though, the results screen is a work of art, it track every single note in the song for every song. This game throws away all the nice results it shows at the end (number/percentage of perfect/normal/poor and misses/etc), and only saves your score and any feats (no misses, no poor, etc). Shame because rhythm games are really all about score attacks when it comes down to it. But its enough and quite fun regardless.

Puzzling Places I don't think I'll ever get bored of, even if putting together the inside of buildings is a bit more awkward and challenging because everything is right up against your eyes, it's still very charming to play.

And lastly RE8. The game that really never ceases to impress. I am now in a water-world type location, with boats and docks and giant fish monsters, and windmills, and it's another fantastic set piece for the game (water when done right looks amazing in VR). Every area in that game is such a joy to run through in its own way, and it's nice this one really is a bit more action/cartoony than horror. Also got to take out one of the beefier Lycans with the face mask using just a mine, pipe bomb, and two shotgun shells to the face, sometimes I feel like I've really got it all figured out now in combat! Definitely do not sleep on this game, it's such a great VR experience if you're able to play by its rules.
From my experience with VR over the years, sometimes the best experiences are the most simple ones. Puzzling Places definitely falls in that category. A game everyone should consider at some point. A brilliant new take on doing puzzles.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I have my House of Beneviento save if I ever show off the headset, it seems like a fantastic place to demo it, there's no actual combat to need to mess around with, it's a nice and creepy but not at all scary (for the first 30 minutes), then they can just walk around, complete the puzzles and get to the pitch black hallway by the well and rip the headset off their face haha. Have a similar save in Lady D's house where there's not really any enemies around before she's following you all over that's nice to show the graphics off.
Brilliant idea. I should have done the same. Walking through the Beneviento hallways in VR and imagining a RE1 VR remake or a proper RE Zero that actually focuses on Bravo Team.... Turning the corner in the hall and imagining coming across Kenneth being eaten. God-tier gaming right there...

fart town usa

Gold Member
I decided to play some Afterlife VR tonight and I can confirm that the game is not worth your time and money.

Unless you are a total low budget horror fanatic, the game has few redeeming qualities. It also looks like PSVR on a base PS4. Blurry as shit which is a real shame cause the atmosphere is nice at times and can be spooky. Too many annoyances though and it's just more goofy than fear inducing.

6/10 all day and that's pretty generous.

We've been busy:
🚀Silky-smooth 120fps, no reprojection!
👁️Foveated Rendering for unparalleled clarity!
🎨4K re-mastered textures: See every detail!
💡Enhanced lighting, shadows & bloom for a striking visual journey!

to third party devs: keep the same energy and take my money !!!
Make It Rain Money GIF

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Just showed PSVR2 to a friend yesterday and was really impressed to the point of seriously considering buying one :D He tried Resident Evil Village, Drums Rock, NMS and C-smash. He will be back soon to try other games and with more free time to play them.

That's awesome. It sure would be nice if Sony had some units in stores.

Crayon

I saw the rm2 trailer yesterday and I'm very interested.

I don't expect a bunch of aaa's over the lifetime of psvr2, but I do think it's reasonable to want more mid-tier stuff like this that is clearly up a rung in production value. I'll be disappointed in the long run if even the mid tier stuff (ie: good graphics. Sorry, honesty is the best policy lol) stays as rare as it's historically been.

Things are already looking good though. The existing ones are getting ports so I'm hopefully not going to miss much, and there are thing like behemoth, war thunder, green hell, crossfire, etc in the pipe. That's my idea of next gen VR more than actual hardware features.

fart town usa

Gold Member
That's awesome. It sure would be nice if Sony had some units in stores.
If you live in NA, check the actual Sony PSVR2 site. I got mine about 2 weeks ago and there was a 3rd party payment option (Klarna), I was able to get 0% APR on a 12 month payment plan. No CC required. I'm paying $49 a month for the next year. I got the $550 bundle and it was like $590 something after taxes. No Call of the Mountain, that bundle is $600.

I never would have gotten it this early otherwise. My plan was to get it in the Fall but I couldn't pass it up. $49 a month ain't shit for me.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Triple post kind of morning.

It's funny, I get PSVR2 and I'm like, "oh yeah, I forgot that I really like VR". It had been about a year since I last played. So now I'm playing PSVR more than PSVR2 cause Astrobot Rescue Mission is so incredibly good. It will truly be a total injustice if that game doesn't get converted over to PSVR2 😭. So glad I own both headsets though.

PanzerCute

Things are already looking good though. The existing ones are getting ports so I'm hopefully not going to miss much, and there are thing like behemoth, war thunder, green hell, crossfire, etc in the pipe. That's my idea of next gen VR more than actual hardware features.
Yeah tbh in terms of good to great AA games, we should be covered.

Wanderer, Red Matter 2, Hubris, Synapse, Foglands, Journey to Foundation, Project Wingman, Hellsweeper, Walkabout Mini-golf etc...

There are already many I am really looking forward to playing.

Top Bottom