• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

PanzerCute

I only play seated, and even in games like The Light Brigade I never really have any issues with inventory management tbh.

And I'm still pissed that you can't play Pavlov seated. My bad, I should have known, but I wasted 25 bucks on it.

sncvsrtoip

My thoughts of most played games in vr by me:

Call of the Mountain: realy nice launch title by Firespirte, one of better looking vr games, great physics implementation, some great "uncharted" like moments. Imo would be better with little less climbing and more puzzles, combat in circle arena wasnt best idea, 60->120fps reprojections is visiable on turning. 7.5/10

Gt7: I had already over 400h in flat version and added another 50h in vr ;d Just amazing experience, will not move back to flat, immersion, feeling of track elevations change is just on another level. 60->120fps reprojection visible when we overtake cars with large speed difference and very visible on vr replays. PD should also add deltas to other cars for vr users and sometimes postion is lost after going out of pit etc. Other than that just briliant implementation. 9.5/10

Re Village: If not some cutcenes clearly not made in vr in mind I would think it was 100% pure vr title. Great implementation of carying weapons and items, great reloading mechanic, also nice usage of hapticks. Immersion and scary level on another level. Only drawback is that resolutions clearly got hit even tough it using eye tracking foveated rendering. Amazing adventure. 9.5/10

Minsc

Gold Member
Finally finished House Beneviento from RE8 (the scary section the game's known for). It's a pretty fun change of pace from the regular game, no weapons and it really showcases how terrifying the immersion gets with the PSVR2 in particular, the head set does a great job of engulfing you in total darkness with the OLED and light blocking, even the headset vibrates when the monster is moving nearby rattling the floors and walls etc. My heartrate was definitely high, according to my watch, and I'm very glad it was over in around 15 minutes, I couldn't take more than that. Definitely one of the most intense moments I've faced in a game, which would have been way less intense had it been flat.

PanzerCute

Funny to see so many people playing those games seated, always thought everyone was also playing standing up like me lol. Imo, it feels much, much better playing standing up 😅 each to his own, I guess!
I have been playing FPS with my ass seated for 30+ years, so it's hard to change :D

I tried a bit of Pavlov and played it standing, it wasn't bad or anything and I understand that it's more immersive. But really, after 10 hours in the office, the last thing I want to do is stand and move like a retard in front of my Tv haha. I also live in a small flat and I'm always scared to destroy my surrounding.

But, hey, I should try again. I was thinking of restarting my RE8 run to play it fully standing, just to check if it really adds (that much) to the immersion.

For House Benevento, tho, I'm gonna play in fetal position while crying, for maximum realism and immersion.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Funny to see so many people playing those games seated, always thought everyone was also playing standing up like me lol. Imo, it feels much, much better playing standing up 😅 each to his own, I guess!
I play everything standing up if I'm standing up in the game.

More options the better, as long as people are enjoying the games.

I do have to say though. Pavlov is the first (and only) game I've played and actually laid down for any reason.

Justin9mm

So I was looking around a little at PC VR sets:
Quest 2: Old now, wait for Quest 3
Quest 3: Lens not as good as Pro, and other sacrifices compared to Pro.
Quest Pro: Wireless only, need to deal with WiFi and video compression.
Index: Needs extra hardware and PC and maybe replaced by Deckard in 1-2 years.
Deckard: 1-2 years out, maybe more. Could be worth it!
Pica 4: Had issues, can't remember.
G2: Had issues, can't remember.
Bigscreen: Bad FOV.
Pixmax Crystal: Low FOV for Pixmax's, and Pixmax support is terrible.

Like every set has issues. It's kinda nice even if the PS VR2 is far from perfect, at least it has the ease of use going for it, looks great in game (sucks for certain things though, the mura is there and can't read from the edges, but generally speaking in game none of that matter much) and having a cable and running off the PS5 is really great, plus it'll get improved hardware performance with the PS5 Pro or PS6. And the controllers are really really great! The hardware as a whole when compared to the PC space seems really matured, especially for the price range, as many sets above are double or more.
Have you actually used a headset for PCVR on a high end PC? I have the PSVR2 and a Quest 2 headset for PCVR. I don't think the PSVR2 experience is a massive step up. The Quest 2 holds up very well and I prefer it over the PSVR2 for comfort as long as you have a good aftermarket strap. I also use it wirelessly through virtual desktop and there is no discernible difference between that and using a 20gbps cable, but that's with my high speed bandwidth and wifi 6 5ghz router which is important.

I'd say considering the cost, the Quest 2 is probably the best value headset for PCVR.

Ar¢tos

Swap knees with me and I'll play standing!
I can't stand in one place for more than 5 minutes before my left knee stabs some pain nerve (just for kicks, I guess).
I only do walking or sitting down.

Minsc

Gold Member
Have you actually used a headset for PCVR on a high end PC? I have the PSVR2 and a Quest 2 headset for PCVR. I don't think the PSVR2 experience is a massive step up. The Quest 2 holds up very well and I prefer it over the PSVR2 for comfort as long as you have a good aftermarket strap. I also use it wirelessly through virtual desktop and there is no discernible difference between that and using a 20gbps cable, but that's with my high speed bandwidth and wifi 6 5ghz router which is important.

I'd say considering the cost, the Quest 2 is probably the best value headset for PCVR.
Like in my list, I don't see myself with a Quest 2 purchase when Quest 3 which is supposed to be 2x faster and generally better is due out later this year. Quest 2 doesn't have the much-desired pancake lens (nor does PS VR2), the resolution is still mid-level (similar to PS VR2), FOV is a little worse, it is lacking the OLED screens (though so is the Quest Pro, but that has 2 screens like PS VR2 vs the 1 of the Quest 2). I do understand comfort is better once modded, but it's not that much of an issue for me with PS VR2. I don't need the headset today, since I have so much to play still on PS VR2, but I am going to be getting one eventually, preferably one that is notably better than PSVR2.

Last edited:

SilentUser

I have been playing FPS with my ass seated for 30+ years, so it's hard to change :D

I tried a bit of Pavlov and played it standing, it wasn't bad or anything and I understand that it's more immersive. But really, after 10 hours in the office, the last thing I want to do is stand and move like a retard in front of my Tv haha. I also live in a small flat and I'm always scared to destroy my surrounding.

But, hey, I should try again. I was thinking of restarting my RE8 run to play it fully standing, just to check if it really adds (that much) to the immersion.

For House Benevento, tho, I'm gonna play in fetal position while crying, for maximum realism and immersion.

Swap knees with me and I'll play standing!
I can't stand in one place for more than 5 minutes before my left knee stabs some pain nerve (just for kicks, I guess).
I only do walking or sitting down.

Oh I can totally understand you, guys! I just genuinely got surprised, since playing standing up came to me in such a natural way. But I can why sitting can be much better in some scenarios (please, leave my knees alone! Never took an arrow to the knee and I hope to continue like that :p). But like R6Rider just said, it is awesome to have options.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I bought Runner last night. 80s anime style motorcycle on rails shooter.

It's alright, for $15 I can't complain but there isn't a sense of speed which is a bummer. Pretty lackluster but seems like the developer is listening to feedback and updating the game. Thankfully there's a god mode cause the aiming reticles are tiny and it honestly doesn't feel that great to shoot at things. God mode allows you to just enjoy it and feel like a badass. Great concept though with good potential.

marcincz

Few days ago I bought Kayak VR. Title looks stunning but I am sick after 30 minutes.
Played Synth Riders, SW or Horizon and hadn't any problems.

Minsc

Gold Member
Few days ago I bought Kayak VR. Title looks stunning but I am sick after 30 minutes.
Played Synth Riders, SW or Horizon and hadn't any problems.
Synth Riders is pretty low-key for motion sickness, even the Experience levels don't do much.

SW = Star Wars? That's mid-level, same with Horizon though Horizon might be easier to stomach IMO.

Kayak is like top difficulty, above even RE8 VR for me. But having played so much RE8 VR now Kayak doesn't bother me anymore, though personally it's not too engaging so I generally don't load it up very often.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Like in my list, I don't see myself with a Quest 2 purchase when Quest 3 which is supposed to be 2x faster and generally better is due out later this year. Quest 2 doesn't have the much-desired pancake lens (nor does PS VR2), the resolution is still mid-level (similar to PS VR2), FOV is a little worse, it is lacking the OLED screens (though so is the Quest Pro, but that has 2 screens like PS VR2 vs the 1 of the Quest 2). I do understand comfort is better once modded, but it's not that much of an issue for me with PS VR2. I don't need the headset today, since I have so much to play still on PS VR2, but I am going to be getting one eventually, preferably one that is notably better than PSVR2.
Yeah the Quest 2 is a solid headset but I can't imagine buying one now with the price increase and a Quest 3 on the horizon. Hoping they don't screw up the transition with software and hardware compatability.

aclar00

Switchback should be a showpiece no? Haven't gotten it given what's been said, but i thought the first was pretty good graphically, particularly the Host.

Minsc

Gold Member
Switchback should be a showpiece no? Haven't gotten it given what's been said, but i thought the first was pretty good graphically, particularly the Host.

Common complaints:

Low / non native res
Bad / No animations & Bad / No hit animations
Uneven / Weird pacing between rooms (some rooms basically empty / other hectic)
Worse than their prior game.

Sleepwalker

Synth Riders is pretty low-key for motion sickness, even the Experience levels don't do much.

SW = Star Wars? That's mid-level, same with Horizon though Horizon might be easier to stomach IMO.

Kayak is like top difficulty, above even RE8 VR for me. But having played so much RE8 VR now Kayak doesn't bother me anymore, though personally it's not too engaging so I generally don't load it up very often.
I havent had any issues with any VR games so far but I'm never buying Kayak VR. I already get sick on boats lol

aclar00

Common complaints:

Low / non native res
Bad / No animations & Bad / No hit animations
Uneven / Weird pacing between rooms (some rooms basically empty / other hectic)
Worse than their prior game.

That definitely sounds bad...I will wait until i hear about a significant update.

I do have a bit of buyers remorse for Les Mills Bory Combat because it's so barebones. So bad that one of the instructors says "if you want to see your improvements write down your calories, so you can see your improvements." I'm like, MF'er, that's what the game should be doing for me.

Justin9mm

When your playing PCVR in high graphics/quality resolution, the difference in resolution and screen between PSVR2 and Quest 2 is negligible. I will also argue the screen door effect in the PSVR2 with the diffusion filter actually looks worse to me! It's terrible in RE Village. The Quest 3 is also a huge step in price compared to Quest 2. Again, I'm arguing for the Quest 2 based on price and if you were buying today! PSVR2 in its current state of support is not better than PCVR with a Quest 2 imo. But you said you are not wanting it today, so yes, in the near future comparing options and budget, a cheaper Quest 2 won't be the better option. If Sony really kicks up the support with must have exclusive games, then that will change the tide on which platform may be better.

I'm first and foremost a console player, I'm a Sony fan, had every device since OG PS1. I think the PSVR2 is a great VR headset, this is why I have one, but my Quest 2 + PCVR setup to me is the overall better experience because of the freedom of mods and graphic options/settings and library of games. Most of the library of PSVR2 are made up of already released VR games that have already been experienced on other platforms so for me, its very limited right now.

Minsc

Gold Member
When your playing PCVR in high graphics/quality resolution, the difference in resolution and screen between PSVR2 and Quest 2 is negligible. I will also argue the screen door effect in the PSVR2 with the diffusion filter actually looks worse to me! It's terrible in RE Village. The Quest 3 is also a huge step in price compared to Quest 2. Again, I'm arguing for the Quest 2 based on price and if you were buying today! PSVR2 in its current state of support is not better than PCVR with a Quest 2 imo. But you said you are not wanting it today, so yes, in the near future comparing options and budget, a cheaper Quest 2 won't be the better option. If Sony really kicks up the support with must have exclusive games, then that will change the tide on which platform may be better.

I'm first and foremost a console player, I'm a Sony fan, had every device since OG PS1. I think the PSVR2 is a great VR headset, this is why I have one, but my Quest 2 + PCVR setup to me is the overall better experience because of the freedom of mods and graphic options/settings and library of games. Most of the library of PSVR2 are made up of already released VR games that have already been experienced on other platforms so for me, its very limited right now.
There is no visible screen door effect on PS VR2, this has been said many times by many people with lots of VR experience. If anything they went overboard to prevent it at the cost of clarity with the diamond pixel grid or whatever. You're probably referring to the mura, which is not bad at all for me, RE8 90% of the time to me looks incredible. A little soft and a little low-res but still very, very good. And the colors and detail and everything else are superb. I agree from what I've read the resolution is pretty negligible like you say - and even at it's best the PSVR2 still falls quite short of a high-end 4K TV in terms of resolution. Didn't they say Quest 3 was targeting around $500 (which wouldn't be that much more)? Either way, price is not a big concern, if spending $1000 would merit worthwhile improvement for me that's not the issue. It's just even at that price (or double that) there's nothing that's super compelling to me.

Last edited:

Justin9mm

There is no visible screen door effect on PS VR2, this has been said many times by many people with lots of VR experience. If anything they went overboard to prevent it at the cost of clarity with the diamond pixel grid or whatever. You're probably referring to the mura, which is not bad at all for me, RE8 90% of the time to me looks incredible. A little soft and a little low-res but still very, very good. And the colors and detail and everything else are superb. I agree from what I've read the resolution is pretty negligible like you say - and even at it's best the PSVR2 still falls quite short of a high-end 4K TV in terms of resolution. Didn't they say Quest 3 was targeting around $500 (which wouldn't be that much more)? Either way, price is not a big concern, if spending $1000 would merit worthwhile improvement for me that's not the issue. It's just even at that price (or double that) there's nothing that's super compelling to me.
It could be the mura, I know they used a diffusion filter which is described as the same looking effect as mura so who knows but it's jarring to me, probably because my first experience with an OLED VR screen and I'm used to the LCD, but this is much more noticeable to me than the screen door effect of vertical lines on the Quest 2, which if you are playing on high graphic settings is hardly noticeable and the image on the Quest 2 feels slightly cleaner to me. I'm in Australia, I'm, not sure what Quest 3 pricing will be but the Quest 2 is still $549 AUD here. We always get screwed with taxes. I expect Quest 3 to probably be around the same price as PSVR2 here which is $879 AUD.

Last edited:

Minsc

Gold Member
It could be the mura, I know they used a diffusion filter which is described as the same looking effect as mura so who knows but it's jarring to me, probably because my first experience with an OLED VR screen and I'm used to the LCD, but this is much more noticeable to me than the screen door effect of vertical lines on the Quest 2, which if you are playing on high graphic settings is hardly noticeable and the image on the Quest 2 feels slightly cleaner to me. I'm in Australia, I'm, not sure what Quest 3 pricing will be but the Quest 2 is still $549 AUD here. We always get screwed with taxes. I expect Quest 3 to probably be around the same price as PSVR2 here which is $879 AUD.

Hmm, if you're still before the end of Lady D's castle in RE8 your startup screen should be the snowy field with it actively snowing (where you select load game/continue/etc). When you look around in that field there should be no visible mura at all, that image is perfect (I have no problem seeing the mura in RE8 in certain areas, I know it's not visible in that title screen even when actively looking on my headset). After Lady D is done they change the time of day a bit and the snow stops and it's not quite as perfectly lit, but still good.

Stuff like Synth Riders has no mura (it's basically all pitch black with bright colored objects for the most part so no surprise). I imagine Tetris Effect to be the same. If you try a bunch of titles there's definitely a good amount that run native res and without any/much mura.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member

Had fun with Runner just now. Here's some footage if anyone is interested. Only $15 and a great concept for VR. It has small issues that prevent it from being amazing but it's fun all the same. It seems like the developer has been actively updating the game based on user feedback, hope it continues to be supported cause man this game has some serious potential. I was playing in god mode cause I mostly just want to have fun with it. At some point I'll play it in a legit manner.

Finally finished House Beneviento from RE8 (the scary section the game's known for). It's a pretty fun change of pace from the regular game, no weapons and it really showcases how terrifying the immersion gets with the PSVR2 in particular, the head set does a great job of engulfing you in total darkness with the OLED and light blocking, even the headset vibrates when the monster is moving nearby rattling the floors and walls etc. My heartrate was definitely high, according to my watch, and I'm very glad it was over in around 15 minutes, I couldn't take more than that. Definitely one of the most intense moments I've faced in a game, which would have been way less intense had it been flat.
This nearly killed me playing at night on TV. If the VR is convincing at all, I might literally die having a first experience of that place with a headset.

Minsc

Gold Member
This nearly killed me playing at night on TV. If the VR is convincing at all, I might literally die having a first experience of that place with a headset.
Oh it's convincing. VR makes stuff larger than life, all the Lycans and bosses and really everything just looks so much more real. It's not really that scary in general when you get used to it, but aiming at a Lycan in VR feels like you're really aiming at a zombie/person, you need to lift up your gun slightly for a head shot and move your arms to follow its head as they bob left/right, and when they come in at you, they take up almost your entire peripheral vision. All the 3D spaces feel so much larger in VR, and all the clutter really stands out as well, as the depth/detail in VR is a lot more noticeable even if the IQ is a bit worse than a flatscreen, there's just no comparing the size of it in VR which really brings out every last detail. Stuff like water and metal and blood really shine in VR on a whole other level from flat. Even when you approach House Beneviento from the outside where it stands on that cliff with the waterfall - that's a really impressive moment, more so than the first time you walk out and see the Village at the very beginning, the house by the waterfall - the empty space down below you really feels enormous.

So yeah, that section, particularly when she passes by the bed, it's pretty crazy. The upper level afterwards is not the least bit scary, but when you have the headset on one thing it's nearly unrivaled at is light blocking, and OLED blacks are basically the same as screen off, so you feel really really out there in the world, very little if any distractions from the actual world enter VR.

Had fun with Runner just now. Here's some footage if anyone is interested. Only $15 and a great concept for VR. It has small issues that prevent it from being amazing but it's fun all the same. It seems like the developer has been actively updating the game based on user feedback, hope it continues to be supported cause man this game has some serious potential. I was playing in god mode cause I mostly just want to have fun with it. At some point I'll play it in a legit manner.

This game has caught my eye a few times, if it gets to the point it's a good time, I'd definitely give it a shot, looks like a fun ride, I'm just not sure on the fun vs frustration factor.

Last edited:
Oh it's convincing. VR makes stuff larger than life, all the Lycans and bosses and really everything just looks so much more real. It's not really that scary in general when you get used to it, but aiming at a Lycan in VR feels like you're really aiming at a zombie/person, you need to lift up your gun slightly for a head shot and move your arms to follow its head as they bob left/right, and when they come in at you, they take up almost your entire peripheral vision. All the 3D spaces feel so much larger in VR, and all the clutter really stands out as well, as the depth/detail in VR is a lot more noticeable even if the IQ is a bit worse than a flatscreen, there's just no comparing the size of it in VR which really brings out every last detail. Stuff like water and metal and blood really shine in VR on a whole other level from flat. Even when you approach House Beneviento from the outside where it stands on that cliff with the waterfall - that's a really impressive moment, more so than the first time you walk out and see the Village at the very beginning, the house by the waterfall - the empty space down below you really feels enormous.

So yeah, that section, particularly when she passes by the bed, it's pretty crazy. The upper level afterwards is not the least bit scary, but when you have the headset on one thing it's nearly unrivaled at is light blocking, and OLED blacks are basically the same as screen off, so you feel really really out there in the world, very little if any distractions from the actual world enter VR.
That's sounds incredible to be honest. The details about scope, clutter, size, etc really would lend itself to a game that is heavy on atmosphere.

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
So glad I bought Demeo. Finally got a bit of time to give it a whirl last night. Fabulous game. It looks really nice and the whole board in the basement thing works well. it‘s deceptively tough so there’s going to be a lot of replay value.

I also booted up Cactus again. Still a fun little game too.

PanzerCute

Finally bought myself the Pulse 3D, surprised by how well it fits while using PSVR2. I thought it was going to be just good enough, but it is great, actually. Loving the sound quality and the improved immersion, glad I bought it (earbuds successfully back to the box!).
Problem with the Pulse is the build quality. Mine is having serious issues after 2 years: the protection of the foam is badly deteriorating, the button to mute/unmute is working 30% of the time and I have several other complaints. Like every PlayStation product, its not robust at all and gives the bitter impression to have been designed for you to buy a new one after 3 years.

It is still a good headset, tho, and one built with PS5 in mind, so that makes it very nice to use and it has a very good sound for the price.
(I dont want to ruin your purchase, Pulse is still a solid choice. But be maybe more careful than me if you want to avoid the problems I mentioned :)

I have almost finished the game and I agree with you its really good, albeit not excellent.

I read from the devs that they were working on a "cool dlc". I expect some infinite rogue lite mode, that would be really nice.

SilentUser

Problem with the Pulse is the build quality. Mine is having serious issues after 2 years: the protection of the foam is badly deteriorating, the button to mute/unmute is working 30% of the time and I have several other complaints. Like every PlayStation product, its not robust at all and gives the bitter impression to have been designed for you to buy a new one after 3 years.

It is still a good headset, tho, and one built with PS5 in mind, so that makes it very nice to use and it has a very good sound for the price.
(I dont want to ruin your purchase, Pulse is still a solid choice. But be maybe more careful than me if you want to avoid the problems I mentioned :)

I have almost finished the game and I agree with you its really good, albeit not excellent.

I read from the devs that they were working on a "cool dlc". I expect some infinite rogue lite mode, that would be really nice.
Actually, thanks for sharing your experience, I will take extra steps to protect it now. I usually store everything in a big drawer besides my PS5, Pulse is also going there :D
I'm not a heavy user at all, perhaps that's why I never had a broken Sony hardware despite owning all prior Playstation. Not even had a single dualshock broken.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Finally bought myself the Pulse 3D, surprised by how well it fits while using PSVR2. I thought it was going to be just good enough, but it is great, actually. Loving the sound quality and the improved immersion, glad I bought it (earbuds successfully back to the box!).
I need to get one but like others have said, the build quality gives me pause. I had the gold one for PS4 and it just straight up broke for no reason. One of the speakers stopped working and then the Bluetooth itself stopped working. I then used the aux port and that broke as well. All within like 3 months. Never had that experience ever with a Sony product. I'm willing to take the risk with Pulse though cause ear buds never stay put, something about the shape of my ear canal or something, constantly fall out with the slightest movement.

SilentUser

Firewall Ultra hands-on report: first gameplay details on the PS VR2 shooter​

Firewall Ultra hands-on report: first gameplay details on the PS VR2 shooter

Get tactical with 4v4 multiplayer action.

Not buy type of game, but sharing anyway :)

Also

Fight for PS VR2 glory in upcoming Zenith: The Last City PvP mode​

Fight for PS VR2 glory in upcoming Zenith: The Last City PvP mode

Prepare for epic battles in this PS VR2 MMORPG.

Sadly everyone I know isn't much of a fan of this game.

Minsc

Gold Member
I'm keeping an eye on Firewall Ultra for now due to it being billed as a AAA release - I see it's 4v4 multiplayer focused, so meh on that, but there's still a PvE mode / campaign that will be ready for launch and if it delivers AAA graphics and 6-10 hours of story that's probably good enough for grabbing it on sale.

fart town usa

Gold Member

Firewall Ultra hands-on report: first gameplay details on the PS VR2 shooter​

Firewall Ultra hands-on report: first gameplay details on the PS VR2 shooter

Get tactical with 4v4 multiplayer action.

Not buy type of game, but sharing anyway :)

Also

Fight for PS VR2 glory in upcoming Zenith: The Last City PvP mode​

Fight for PS VR2 glory in upcoming Zenith: The Last City PvP mode

Prepare for epic battles in this PS VR2 MMORPG.

Sadly everyone I know isn't much of a fan of this game.
I bought Zenith for PSVR and only played it a few times. I downloaded the PSVR2 update the other night. I'd be down to link up if you want to play sometime. PSN is virgils_mustache. I'm on EST time, no worries if not. 👍

Minsc

Gold Member
^ Yup, release date announced, about a month off now! Looking forward to this one, hopefully it turns out well,

From what I've read this is one of the biggest games from the Quest, so if you're new to VR you probably don't want to miss this!

sncvsrtoip

Last year at SIGGRAPH, I went eyes-in with Meta’s high-dynamic range Starburst VR headset research prototype and I felt myself squinting at a light that was so bright my eyes reacted the same way they might staring into a bright indoor light bulb. While Sony’s PSVR 2 headset doesn’t have the same range or brightness attributes as Meta’s demo from last year, Sony’s headset is also VR’s first consumer HDR head-mounted display. Comments on our reporting of Meta’s research device last year considered HDR’s potential use for simulated flash bangs. Seeing that overall concept realized here just a few months later by Sony and First Contact stands out as an example of PlayStation’s commitment to moving VR gaming forward.

Firewall Ultra uses Unreal Engine 5 and also features dedicated servers rather than peer-to-peer networking. That networking change could lead to a more reliable matchmaking experience, according to First Contact. The game should also expand the arsenal available to players, with Jagneaux confirming Ultra adds sniper rifles absent in the first game.
https://uploadvr.com/firewall-ultra-hands-on-blinded-psvr-2/

Does the PSVR2/PS5 and/or Pavlov allow you to change your height manually?

Just asking because I play Pavlov on PC seated and it works fairly well because I can adjust my height before loading up the game (and I'm tall as hell so even seated I'm well off of the floor). The only sacrifice is not being able to pick weapons up off of the ground but it's been worth the tradeoff so far. I'm on the Pavlov Discord but only go there once every few months to chat in the suggestions channel and ask for a squat button. Contractors on PC handles it well.

Either way I'm dying for Pavlov to get updated on PC so there can be PSVR2/PC crossplay to get the player numbers up!

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

This is how they are using EyeTracking in Firewall Ultra.

PSVR 2’s eye tracking is also used to make selections in the game’s menus, as part of stabilizing your aim, and to target where you throw grenades. It’s also “used to avoid the effects of flash bangs and flashlights, so you can close your eyes physically to avoid that from affecting your vision,” First Contact’s David Jagneaux explained. “My favorite use of it is on the cameras where after you’ve died in the game you transition to looking in the cameras and you can look at enemies, and it highlights them in red for your teammates who are still alive to see where they’re at. So you’re still useful even if you’ve gone down.” You can also hold up your hands to shield your eyes from the bright lights.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
I've had the Pulse 3D headphones since I got the PS5 and I've really liked them overall. If my current pair breaks, I'll be getting another one.

Tygeezy

Firewall looks fucking amazing. Hype!
I'm completely cooled on it. Button press reload is fine for ports of old games to VR, but not a tactical shooter built from the ground up for VR. I also think the eye tracked weapon situation is a gimmick given we have holsters and can grab items and weapons from over our shoulder. I'm also not a fan of eye tracked grenades when we can just throw them.

Last edited:

Wonko_C

I'm completely cooled on it. Button press reload is fine for ports of old games to VR, but not a tactical shooter built from the ground up for VR. I also think the eye tracked weapon situation is a gimmick given we have holsters and can grab items and weapons from over our shoulder. I'm also not a fan of eye tracked grenades when we can just throw them.

One comment that grabbed my attention was that this is probably so new players don't get frustrated trying to manually reload, which baffles me to no end on how on Earth can players get stuck on something so simple.

I am terrible at console/PC shooters, but I have seen the reload animations so many times in those games (and in movies) that it took me less than 3 minutes to be proficient at reloading in RE4 for the Quest 2 and Half-Life Alyx just by imitation. Ironically the only hard part of the reloading process to me was having to push a button in order to eject the magazine.

And this happens to even supposed gun maniacs while I have a hard time telling them apart!

Last edited:
Top Bottom