• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

SilentUser

Sooo finally got back home and played a little bit of Moss: fantastic (somewhat) 3rd person view in a VR game. Exudes charm, Quill is so lovely and the animation is top notch!

ABnormal

Mods doing the Hybrid VR thing I expected Sony to do:

Exactly. It's the easiest compromise to have very big titles in VR without the need to have a big VR installed base, and it's not that complex to do. I wish they are developing something like that for many titles.

sncvsrtoip

August premieres:

zvvhlmu5qkfb1.jpg

SilentUser

I'm going with Crossfire if it features crossplay, so I can play it with some friends. Love me some coop! But I'm afraid it won't have crossplay as there is nothing announced yet, though.

PanzerCute

I'm going with Crossfire if it features crossplay, so I can play it with some friends. Love me some coop! But I'm afraid it won't have crossplay as there is nothing announced yet, though.
Is the game even announced on other platforms? I thought it was PSVR2 exclusive.

PanzerCute

Like Resenge Resenge just said, it is also coming to PC (on Steam), which would make a perfect crossplay game to me 😁
Thanks for your answer. I thought both were exclusive to PSVR2, but its even better to have cross play!

Finished The Room VR yesterday and I thought it was very good.
The puzzles were logical and the mood and graphics were good. Too bad the sense controlers weren't used to their full potential. Also loved the use of live action video.
I hope they ever make a sequel to this.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
As mentioned in the prescription lens thread, I'll finally be getting myself some lenses after my next eye checkup in about a week.

I also bought some sweatbands recently to help both with wicking, comfort, and headset fit. Helps with preventing the headset from moving more than I expected.

Markio128

As mentioned in the prescription lens thread, I'll finally be getting myself some lenses after my next eye checkup in about a week.

I also bought some sweatbands recently to help both with wicking, comfort, and headset fit. Helps with preventing the headset from moving more than I expected.
Hadn’t considered a sweatband - that could be a good shout considering I play a lot of beat Saber.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Which bands did you purchase?

R6Rider

Gold Member
Which bands did you purchase?
I got these based on some others on Reddit who recommended them.

They work great for me, but they're not thick if that's what you are wanting.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I got these based on some others on Reddit who recommended them.

They work great for me, but they're not thick if that's what you are wanting.

Nice, ordered!

Thank you!

R6Rider

Gold Member
Taken from other thread on all PS Store downloads for July:

PS VR2 Games

US/CanadaEU
SynapseSynapse
Beat SaberBeat Saber
PavlovPavlov
Moss: Book IIMoss: Book II
Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy’s EdgeStar Wars: Tales from the Galaxy’s Edge
Job SimulatorJob Simulator
Swordsman VRHubris
Walkabout Mini GolfKayak VR: Mirage
Creed: Rise to Glory – Championship EditionSwordsman VR
HubrisThe Dark Pictures: Switchback VR

sncvsrtoip

Finished The Room VR: A Dark Matter. Realy nice smaller game, if you like mystery/spooky atmosphere and puzzle/escape rooms games you will enjoy it a lot. 7.5/10. Now I would love to see new Broken Sword in VR. There were even some info it will be created but it was few years ago and unfortunetly lack of news.

a question for those who plays VR stuff in general and wears glasses. how does one go about dealing with that issue? if I take off my glasses, I can barely see the TV screen. but I imagine it's not recommended to play VR stuff wearing both the headset AND glasses. can these headsets adjust their views to make it so I can skip my glasses while wearing them?

Markio128

a question for those who plays VR stuff in general and wears glasses. how does one go about dealing with that issue? if I take off my glasses, I can barely see the TV screen. but I imagine it's not recommended to play VR stuff wearing both the headset AND glasses. can these headsets adjust their views to make it so I can skip my glasses while wearing them?
I’m not quite sure what you mean by adjusting the views. If you wear glasses and are short-sighted, you’ll either need to wear your glasses or buy some prescription lenses for the VR set.

I wear glasses myself and don’t find issues using the PSVR2 - I guess prescription lenses are ideal, but the headset has ample room for most glasses types.

Beechos

I’m not quite sure what you mean by adjusting the views. If you wear glasses and are short-sighted, you’ll either need to wear your glasses or buy some prescription lenses for the VR set.

I wear glasses myself and don’t find issues using the PSVR2 - I guess prescription lenses are ideal, but the headset has ample room for most glasses types.
I wear glasses and leave them on playing psvr,psvr 2 and quest 2. The biggest pain in the ass playing with glasses is trying to put on the headset without it moving your glasses. Also smudging can be an issue if you play too long with sweat and adjusting the headset back and forth.

does wearing glasses while playing VR2 make it inconvenient in any way? I'm kinda considering getting a VR2 later down the road but I'm not too sure about the glasses part. also, where does one purchase these prescription lenses for the VR headsets?

R6Rider

Gold Member
does wearing glasses while playing VR2 make it inconvenient in any way? I'm kinda considering getting a VR2 later down the road but I'm not too sure about the glasses part. also, where does one purchase these prescription lenses for the VR headsets?
They can be an issue depending on their size. You can also scratch the screen if you aren't careful.

There are multiple sites you can order prescription VR lenses from. A popular one is Hons: https://honsvr.com/

Another options is using a bumper which is essnentially adding a soft rubber or plastic piece near the VR lens housing.

Last edited:

SilentUser

PS VR2 Games

US/CanadaEU
SynapseSynapse
Beat SaberBeat Saber
PavlovPavlov
Swordsman VRHubris
So cool to see Synapse in first place, plus Moss Book II up there!

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

PS VR2 Games

US/CanadaEU
SynapseSynapse
Beat SaberBeat Saber
PavlovPavlov
Swordsman VRHubris

I just bought Moss: Book II recently. I'll start playing it in a couple of weeks. Can't wait.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Bought The Light Brigade last night. Only about 2 hours in so far, but it's good so far.

Gotta get used to using the teleport ability as you can essentially spam it. Guns feel great, although the belt can be annoying sometimes grabbing the wrong slot or not grabbing anything. Lots of settings you can change so maybe there's something to adjust it.

Playing it with toggle grip for weapons only.

Last edited:
Top Bottom