• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Agreed 100%! Great post from @Danknugz and from you. Would just add that I'm fine for now because Sony is being waaaay too quiet in all fronts, including flat screen games, which makes me hopeful they will have some cool announcements to make soon.

100% agree here! Jim Ryan just doesn't believe in actually talking to the press or the PS gamers. It's very odd.

Im playing Red Matter 2. It might be one of my GOTYs so far.

This is Sci-fi heaven.

Highly recommend buying it.

I will definitely buy it after I beat GOW: Ragnarok in a week or so. It'll be the next VR game I'll play. Then Moss 2.

Last edited:

TIGERCOOL

I’m really happy with how the catalogue is building, but for me there is one giant elephant in the room, and that is the complete lack of quality racing games - other than GT7 of course. How good GT7 is just makes it all the more frustrating tbh.

I’d love some news on potential PSVR 2 racing games like Rally, for example. The F1 game being PC VR exclusive really disappointed me.
would kill for a full dirt rally vr game... what are codemasters up to?

darthvargi

would kill for a full dirt rally vr game... what are codemasters up to?
Me too. I believe they're working now on WRC23 but I'm not confident considering F123 didn't support PSVR 2. That said, Dirt Rally got a PSVR 1 dlc (it actually cost money, and was an add-on) later after release so there always is hope. My optimistic view is WRC23 is delayed until this fall for VR optimization.

SilentUser

Question for those who have both PSVR1 and 2: Is the reprojection really that noticeable? I don't remember anybody making a fuss about it with PSVR1, and I never noticed it in all these years I had mine. Is the PSVR2's reprojection somewhat worse than VR1's?
Never had the PSVR1, but I can say this about the reprojection on PSVR2: it is noticeable, but nothing game breaker at all, imo. Plus, that's the reason why we have games like Village and GT7 and I absolutely love having full AAA games with gorgeous graphics on the headset. It is a trade off well worth it, imo ☺️ and I almost immediately forget about it while playing Village because it is such a gorgeous, immersive game.

XXL

Just bought Synapse and Star Wars.

Red Matter 2 was fucking amazing. The combat is the weakest part, but was better than I expected. It's definitely in the GOTY conversation for me personally.

If Sony wants to buy any studio, they should buy Vertical Robot asap,
if they are really serious about VR going forward.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Bad Dreams (PSVR) is quite janky and damn goofy. It's only $15 so can't complain too much, it does try a lot of stuff too when it comes to VR. Multiple times I legit couldn't tell if the game was messing with me like Eternal Darkness or if the game had just straight up broke, lol.

I was able to grab NPC corpses and stretch their faces. It was so bizarre. The jaw has like separate physics or something. So I'd hold the corpses head and then grab the jaw, stretch that shit and then slingshot the entire corpse across the room. So damn goofy.

Just FYI cause it's coming to PSVR2 at some point. I haven't finished the game yet, quit last night during an annoying section. Typical jank VR issues but definitely worth keeping in your radar. I've definitely played worse 😅

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Firewall Ultra and Crossfire: Sierra Squad are at the top of my wishlist.

I need to check if any PSVR2 titles are discounted in this current sale.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Question for those who have both PSVR1 and 2: Is the reprojection really that noticeable? I don't remember anybody making a fuss about it with PSVR1, and I never noticed it in all these years I had mine. Is the PSVR2's reprojection somewhat worse than VR1's?
I think part of it is coming from people who have played VR for 5 minutes and are surprised that it looks worse than flat gaming. Others are more sensitive too to VR. You really just gotta get your sea legs and allow your eyes and brain to adjust.

I own both and they both look good to me. Clarity/Sharpness in VR2 could definitely be improved but that seems like a developer thing.

If you were good with PSVR on a PS4, PSVR2 is definitely an improvement though in my opinion, the PSVR PS4 Pro treatment is comparable to most PSVR2 games but that's because most games are indie and the assets you're dealing with are relatively basic. Great software library all the same though for PSVR2.

Crayon

I never played the first firewall because I think it required the aim controller? All the plastic shit I accumulate gives anxiety lol. I don't want any more if I can help it. I bought a zoid in japan and had a nice afternoon building it. Then I realized I had to put it somewhere. I told myself I'd throw it in the recycling soon but I'll let it sit on the shelf for just a bit. Any minute now.

Resenge

I never played the first firewall because I think it required the aim controller? All the plastic shit I accumulate gives anxiety lol. I don't want any more if I can help it. I bought a zoid in japan and had a nice afternoon building it. Then I realized I had to put it somewhere. I told myself I'd throw it in the recycling soon but I'll let it sit on the shelf for just a bit. Any minute now.
It didn't require it, I think most people used a normal controller. Personally, that aim controller made the game much more fun except for the damn drift. I was constantly shaking my gun from left to right to get the thing to point in the direction I wanted without having to adjust my aim.

Saying that, the aim controller made gunplay way more immersive and I would love Sony to bring out a Dualsense Aim controller designed for PSVR2, but I imagine a 3rd party stock would be good enough, I think the Aim controller was made because the move controllers did not have any analogue sticks for movement and the Aim controller filled a gap for necessity.

I keep meaning to buy a gunstock, I think Firewall will be the game that will finally make me invest in a 3rd party stock. If anyone have any reccomendations for a good 3rd party stock? Im all ears.

Last edited:

Crayon

It didn't require it, I think most people used a normal controller. Personally, that aim controller made the game much more fun except for the damn drift. I was constantly shaking my gun from left to right to get the thing to point in the direction I wanted without having to adjust my aim.

Saying that, the aim controller made gunplay way more immersive and I would love Sony to bring out a Dualsense Aim controller designed for PSVR2, but I imagine a 3rd party stock would be good enough, I think the Aim controller was made because the move controllers did not have any analogue sticks for movement and the Aim controller filled a gap for necessity.

I keep meaning to buy a gunstock, I think Firewall will be the game that will finally make me invest in a 3rd party stock. If anyone have any reccomendations for a good 3rd party stock? Im all ears.

Well, sounds like a good time to jump in then. I don't think I'd want a gunstock I can make-believe with my two separate controllers lol.

Resenge

I wonder if I would like a gunstock. It feels fine simply holding the sense controllers as they are lol
The only experience I have is with the PSVR Aim controller but having that physical controller to lean into felt immersive and it helped to steady my hands and aim. It wasn't game changing, but I liked it.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
I may pick up moss 1&2 on sale... I've been buying non VR games mostly physical but VR games I get all digital soooo how do I pass this up? Haha I have moss 1 on psvr1 already but I never finished it cause too many other things to play.
Both are great and provide a decent challenge at times. Nothing wild but you'll actually die and it feels good to have to be more engaged in the combat. Puzzles are solid too. Definitely gonna play through them again, I was burning through VR titles a few months back to the point where I don't even remember much of Moss 1&2. I just know that I immensely enjoyed both.

Pelao

I just finished getting gold medal in everything in Gran Turismo 7, 80 hours of pure magic with my G29 steering wheel, and now I feel a void like you wouldn't believe.
I hope we don't have to wait too long for another quality racing game for PSVR2. I wish Sony would at least port Driveclub VR for it.

sncvsrtoip

I just finished getting gold medal in everything in Gran Turismo 7, 80 hours of pure magic with my G29 steering wheel, and now I feel a void like you wouldn't believe.
I hope we don't have to wait too long for another quality racing game for PSVR2. I wish Sony would at least port Driveclub VR for it.
Every week is new time trial that give you gold medal (2m cr) if you are in 3% gap from p1 ;)

Ar¢tos

There seems to be a permanent price drop in EU (at least in PT). After the 2 week promotional price ended, the new price for the Horizon bundle is 600€ and just the headset for 580€.

splattered

Just remembered that i hadn't bought Moss 1+2 on sale yet so finally went and nabbed it... noticed the Rez PS5 upgrade is "on sale" for $9.99 so i went ahead and bought it. Makes me ill to rebuy these games over and over. I have bought Rez so many damn times haha and NOW buying it yet again just for a VR "upgrade" i absolutely HATE that companies are charging for the PSVR2 version if we already bought them for PSVR1. :(

sncvsrtoip

Finished Hubris. If it was only flat game it would be 5/10 at best as low budget and junkines is visible. In vr however its other story, had very nice 7h with this title. Environment is variant, swimming underwater done good, optimal gameplay proportion for climbing, shooting etc. Can recommend to everybody who liked Dark Matter atmosphere but prefer more actions than puzzles. 7/10

Top Bottom