• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT| As in "Go Outside"

Glix

I've had to re-log in three times since downloading this yesterday (playing on iOS). This entails retyping my google username, looking up and retyping my password which is a string of 30 random characters, waiting for a text message from Google and then typing in some numbers, and finally being able to play again. It's very irritating for something that's more of a pick-up-and-play-for-thirty-seconds game.

Is this happening to other people? Is there any way to make it stop logging out?

This should not be happening unless you are removing its insane google account full access.

Kordelle

I've had to re-log in three times since downloading this yesterday (playing on iOS). This entails retyping my google username, looking up and retyping my password which is a string of 30 random characters, waiting for a text message from Google and then typing in some numbers, and finally being able to play again. It's very irritating for something that's more of a pick-up-and-play-for-thirty-seconds game.

Is this happening to other people? Is there any way to make it stop logging out?
I only have to login when the servers are down/close to being down.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

I haven't experienced this myself, but I have heard about it from others for sure, and I believe the consensus is that it's just tied to server instability and shouldn't be happening (ever).

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
my most urgent request for Pokemon Go, not related to gameplay:

1. ability to listen to music/podcasts while the app is up
2. better battery life

But you can do 1, I do it all the time. Open Podcast, open GO, open Android shade and click play on the podcast again.

Fox1304

The iOS app is so incredibly shitty.
UI bugs, login not keeping up between each app open, connection problems, capture bugs, display issues, ...

The Cowboy

Really enjoying this game now its working for me in the UK, got a lot of Pokémon around my work area :D - however the game really needs a few updates.

It really needs to track steps whilst the phone is locked.
The battle system is really lacking, i would love it ala proper Pokémon (actual battles).
It needs to be able to alert you of a nearby Pokémon whilst the phone is locked.
It would be nice that when a wild Pokémon appears, you can use your captured ones to battle them to wear them down.

If they added those 4 things and i may spend actual cash on this game.

The park near my house is a gold mine.

TCR1Ppy.jpg

0volj5Q.jpg

If you insist.

r0S6hdv.jpg

Third catch at this park on one lure!

I hope all your pokemon die
J/K obviosuly. I'm so jealous of all 3 and mainly the dragonair cause I've been searching far and wide for a dratini all day

Zero83

It's free!

I don't know much about iOS but the method has to do with switching your region in your account settings (to US or Aus) and downloading it from their App store.

You can definitely do 1, just open pokemon first, then switch to your music.

Thanks a lot!

Fucking shitty servers. I went for a walk, and they went down almost immediately. I've been sat on a park bench waiting to see if they come back up for about 15 minutes, but no luck. I might head back home.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Haha! The camera isn't the only AR part. Plenty of AR games don't use cameras. The parts you love are still big parts of ARGs =)
The camera use in PoGo is like the least AR-ish aspect really. It's more of a gimmick, or actually, an adorable way to get high res pictures of 3d pokemon in real-life situations.

The real strength in the AR aspect in that Gyms and Pokestops aren't really there, you're navigating through a virtual world by navigating the physical world- and, when you meet up with others, the sensation that you're, you know, even a little bit kind of like actual pokemon trainers.

So do you think the CP of a hatched Pokemon corresponds to the level you received the egg at, or the level you hatched it at? Just wondering because I had a big backlog of 5km and 2km eggs, and one just hatched into a Gastly (cool!) but it was also CP 79, which is kinda paltry compared to most of the stuff I find in the wild now.

So do you think the CP of a hatched Pokemon corresponds to the level you received the egg at, or the level you hatched it at? Just wondering because I had a big backlog of 5km and 2km eggs, and one just hatched into a Gastly (cool!) but it was also CP 79, which is kinda paltry compared to most of the stuff I find in the wild now.
I think it corresponds to the level you received the egg at.

Is this true?
Not true.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

When you got it, definitely.

wanders

Who's your carrier and which phone?

Alric

If you originally signed up with your Google Account, can you then make a Pokemon Trainer Club account and merge them, or would it be two seperate accounts?

Pachimari

It's strange how two days ago, a Ghastly appeared in front of the backdoor of my place late at night, and tonight a Drowzy appeared in front of the front door for the first time haha.

Just need 2000xp to reach lvl 5. I also noticed two girls driving around in their car, and one of them came to the exact spot as me pointing their camera at the PokeStore. Unless she were attracted to me and wanted a photo.

oti

Banned
But you can do 1, I do it all the time. Open Podcast, open GO, open Android shade and click play on the podcast again.

But that mutes all Pokémon GO sound for me. I have to have my eyes on the screen at all times to see Pokémon and Pokéstops. That's annoying.

JackDT

Every 21 hours, you can collect 10 gold and 500 stardust for every gym that you personally have a pokemon defending (up to 10 gyms, so up to 100 gold and 5000 stardust per day). Go to the shop menu, and hit the shield in the top-right corner to collect your rewards. Definitely worth holding yourself, at least for long enough to collect.

Gyms are a lot more exciting and fun if you stay F2P because then they are the only way to get coins to buy permanent storage upgrades. If I wasn't F2P I'd probably ignore them as there are faster ways to level unless you find a gym that is easily stompable.

hEist

Welp, I think I lost a 5km egg during up and downs of the server, it hatched in that time period...but no animation. Couldn't find any "new Pokemon" or old one +1 in the list, also it disappeared of the egg list. Great...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wow I guess that actually answers the question, I didn't know for sure- but 79 CP is really low. Will add to the FAQ!

The good news is that your trainer level does impact its potential CP range, so it's not worthless to spend the candy if you want to start using it right away. Of course, if you find a higher CP one later on and then start leveling from there it'll go further, so, you know, up to you. I've never even seen a Gastly :p

Holy shit, the app hastn even been released here so i was pretty sure I was not going to find people playing until the game offcialy released. Went today around my neighborhood for the second time (this morning when the servers worked pretty well and just some minutes ago becuase it was night and I wanted to catch some fresh air). Tried to get to the gym but the servers were crapping, logically becuase everyone in america and their mothers were playing around that time.

So I decided to get back and go to one last pokestop near my house, a small public library. When I get there, waiting to for the servers to work, I saw two guys of around 17, I put an ear and hear one of them say "man I cant get the vulpix with all this server problems".
I say to them "Hey pokemon go!" and we start talking. Told them there's a growlithe near my home and the guys say "amazing!" and come with me, one of them says "wait I need to tell the others" then another 5 guys came super excited, all with their phones out except one playing pokemon on his 3ds lol
Sadly we couldnt get the growlithe, but they just started playing so I told them how everything works and some tips. After that they say thanks and we part ways.

Magical gaming moment.

Is there any way I should be playing Gyms to avoid the fucking 1hp bullshit? I'm slow tapping and saving my Specials for the killing blow to avoid the failures, but they keep fucking happening.

SoulUnison

Banned
my most urgent request for Pokemon Go, not related to gameplay:

1. ability to listen to music/podcasts while the app is up
2. better battery life

Are you on iOS?
Just pick an Album/Playlist, then launch GO and use the slide-up Control Panel to control the music, or the volume buttons, or the headphone remote.

Saw some people playing in my home town for the first time. A group of about 8 boys at Target with their phones out right where a gym is located.

KiraXD

Is there any way I should be playing Gyms to avoid the fucking 1hp bullshit? I'm slow tapping and saving my Specials for the killing blow to avoid the failures, but they keep fucking happening.

3 times yesterday... i thought i had bad reception... this is a thing though? i need to catch up on a few pages i guess lol.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Holy shit, the app hastn even been released here so i was pretty sure I was not going to find people playing until the game offcialy released. Went today around my neighborhood for the second time (this morning when the servers worked pretty well and just some minutes ago becuase it was night and I wanted to catch some fresh air). Tried to get to the gym but the servers were crapping, logically becuase everyone in america and their mothers were playing around that time.

So I decided to get back and go to one last pokestop near my house, a small public library. When I get there, waiting to for the servers to work, I saw two guys of around 17, I put an ear and hear one of them say "man I cant get the vulpix with all this server problems".
I say to them "Hey pokemon go!" and we start talking. Told them there's a growlithe near my home and the guys say "amazing!" and come with me, one of them says "wait I need to tell the others" then another 5 guys came super excited, all with their phones out except one playing pokemon on his 3ds lol
Sadly we couldnt get the growlithe, but they just started playing so I told them how everything works and some tips. After that they say thanks and we part ways.

Magical gaming moment.
:) if you stick with it, wait til you have the chance to group up and coordinate for taking down a gym with members of your team or get invited on area hunts where something cool is rumored to be. It's too good.

3 times yesterday... i thought i had bad reception... this is a thing though? i need to catch up on a few pages i guess lol.
The specific problem I'm having is the game will start the battle, and after the "GO" screen it boots me back to the Gym Screen where I have to restart the battle until it works. :/

Chaos17

Agreed. I am starting to think that we need a single thread dedicated to all of the clickbaity articles and discussions about Pokemon Go that everyone is spamming gaming side with.

Other gams can do it why not this game too ?
I mean post articles about them.

FZZ

Banned
Friend saw a Dragonite silhouette at Rownland Heights Park in socal if any of y'all are near there

He couldn't find it though

Contemplating if I should drive there hmmm

massoluk

Banned
Dude made an unofficial Chat app for Pokemon Go. He's broke now

http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/11/12153370/gochat-pokemon-go-chat-app-jonathan-zarra-interview

GoChat is a hit, but it isn’t generating any revenue. Zarra resisted adding advertising to the app — "I hate ads," he says — and worries that attempting to monetize the app could draw unwanted legal attention from the Pokémon Company. He said he is currently having discussions with investors to keep the app solvent. Zarra declined to say how much he has spent on GoChat to date — "I don’t want people to know how stupid I am," he says.

kamakazi5

Top Bottom