• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Prism (Crystal romhack) |OT| Get your kicks at Route 68+1

L.O.R.D

what do you think it's better for emulation?

pvrc6Sh.jpg

BTW,i was playing on bgb,how to move my save to Gambatte?

Kyzer

Banned
So do i need an everdrive gb to actually legally play this? Are emulators kosher? What about injecting gb roms into 3ds?

MUnited83

For you.
So do i need an everdrive gb to actually legally play this? Are emulators kosher? What about injecting gb roms into 3ds?
Everdrive GB would only be needed to play the game on a GBC. There are a few methods to dump the original Crystal ROM and then play it on a emulator or inject to a 3DS

Breads

Banned
Playing it on PC because fast forward is a literal game changer. Yep - it's a custom pokemon game alright. The 8 bit zelda-like side scrolling sections are a neat touch. I'm around the first gym and I'm eager to get all the way in there and see where this game shines.

So far I'm using Ralts, Marril, Snorunt, Larvitar, and Cyndaquil. Just trying to cover the bases.

Playing it on PC because fast forward is a literal game changer. Yep - it's a custom pokemon game alright. The 8 bit zelda-like side scrolling sections are a neat touch. I'm around the first gym and I'm eager to get all the way in there and see where this game shines.

So far I'm using Ralts, Marril, Snorunt, Larvitar, and Cyndaquil. Just trying to cover the bases.

Have you found it to be challenging? I just started playing (like 10 minutes in), but I'm hesitant to keep going out of the fear that it's going to be as mind-numbing as all of the original games. I don't want to want to fight 200 evil people with an Ekans and a Zigzagoon. If someone could confirm whether these games are better balanced, that would be much appreciated.

Sou Da

The new types completely kill my interest in this. Sound type will never be a good idea.

Gas is even dumber.

Breads

Banned
The new types completely kill my interest in this. Sound type will never be a good idea.

Gas is even dumber.

It's just an extra set of defense/ offense parameters. Most games just have it on a character to character basis. On Pokemon it's categorically fixed. I don't see how more types ruin the game. It's not like this has competitive implications.

As for the difficulty it's too early to say. My team is lvl 10 right now and there isn't a whole lot of depth that can be put on display yet.

It's just an extra set of defense/ offense parameters. Most games just have it on a character to character basis. On Pokemon it's categorically fixed. I don't see how more types ruin the game. It's not like this has competitive implications.

As for the difficulty it's too early to say. My team is lvl 10 right now and there isn't a whole lot of depth that can be put on display yet.

You ain't far enough yet.

Here's an update from me.

TincRuS.png

Beat Brooklyn with the following team, got a new addition, and now headed off for my fourth badge. Looks like I have to inspire the gym leader. Let's find out how to.

Nightbird

Playing this on my Phone via emulator almost feels like actually playing on a Gameboy (minus the physical buttons of course)

Breads

Banned
Merry Christmas. After beating Brooklyn, I'm journeying into a new region. Maybe I'll find the answers here to wake up the 4th gym leader.

mSgCrBR.png

I just passed that a little bit ago. iirc you got a Totadile with Light Ball. That Light Ball is why I'm now using a Pikachu instead of the Luxio that replaced it.

I know it might look like I'm overleveled but I swear I'm not grinding. Some of the areas have puzzles that required more repels than I had and 1-2 shotting seemed more hp efficient than run away attempts. And after most trainer battles I still have to heal. Maybe my team has a gaping hole in it I can't see but so far this has been the toughest time I've had in a pokemon game!

I didn't mean to have Typhlosion end up where it is. It's often the last one surviving or the only one I have fast enough to make it through some of these surprise trainer mons.

I'm currently torn between having Kirlia and Feraligator or having Azuremarill and Kadabra. Gotta get some fairy in there somewhere and this seems to be it for me for now.

Snorunt will totes end up being a Frosslass when the time is right.

I just passed that a little bit ago. iirc you got a Totadile with Light Ball. That Light Ball is why I'm now using a Pikachu instead of the Luxio that replaced it.

I know it might look like I'm overleveled but I swear I'm not grinding. Some of the areas have puzzles that required more repels than I had and 1-2 shotting seemed more hp efficient than run away attempts. And after most trainer battles I still have to heal. Maybe my team has a gaping hole in it I can't see but so far this has been the toughest time I've had in a pokemon game!

I didn't mean to have Typhlosion end up where it is. It's often the last one surviving or the only one I have fast enough to make it through some of these surprise trainer mons.

I'm currently torn between having Kirlia and Feraligator or having Azuremarill and Kadabra. Gotta get some fairy in there somewhere and this seems to be it for me for now.

Snorunt will totes end up being a Frosslass when the time is right.

It might be random. Yours came with a Light Ball, but I got a Dive Ball. You do seem like you were grinding a bunch. I'm here apparently underleveled with grinding and you're overleveled.

I beat the 4th gym leader, well my older brother did. He watched me play and wanted to try. His raggedy ass almost fainted my whole team. Barely won due to poison. If I played I probably would've gotten a few of my Pokemon up a level and now I'm still barely hanging on.

That random trainer with the Milotic was tough. What kind of ability is that anyway? I know it's not Contrary.

Breads

Banned
As it turns out I am under leveled. Shit started heating up real quick. Pikachu wasn't cutting it even with Light Ball. Gonna have to start getting serious about team comp. Swapped it out with a Pigeotto I just caught and it's already higher level than my Pupitar. As of right now the average pokemon in the field are my level while the trainers outlevel me by 2-10. Certain fisherman have wiped me around 4-5 times now. Ended up having to teach Gardevoir Razor Leaf in order to deal since my lightning and grass types on standby are kind of weak and it, along with Drain Kiss, are only reasons why I pulled through.

Breads

Banned
Testing out team comps is a chore. Because there still isn't a dawn stone in site and I don't want to level passed certain moves I swapped out my Snowrunt with a Beldum (not Metang) that was thankfully easy to catch (compared to the 40 balls I used in Pokemon Moon).

The problem is that I still haven't found a Lucky egg, Amulet Coin, or EXP share. So I have to start with Metang and swap out every battle. It's getting a little old doing this only to find out my comp is fucked for the next area.

Testing out team comps is a chore. Because there still isn't a dawn stone in site and I don't want to level passed certain moves I swapped out my Snowrunt with a Beldum (not Metang) that was thankfully easy to catch (compared to the 40 balls I used in Pokemon Moon).

The problem is that I still haven't found a Lucky egg, Amulet Coin, or EXP share. So I have to start with Metang and swap out every battle. It's getting a little old doing this only to find out my comp is fucked for the next area.

Yeah, a Lucky Egg would make things a lot easier for me. I think I saw an Amulet Coin though. I think it's a prize you can win at the Game Corner.

012093D8
016394D8

If this works (which I doubt, a bunch of code got shuffled), this will replace the first item in the pack with 99 Rare Candies.
Unless there's a button combination for this, it didn't work.

FSLink

Banned
Do any of the existing rare candy cheats work with this hack? I'm tired of being underleveled and tried the Gold one, but it didn't do anything.
Just use the Debug patch and add it to your inventory. Debug should replace exit on the start menu when you patch it with that. Then just go to Add Items -> find Rare Candy item (not that far in) -> add 99

Top Bottom