• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Prism (Crystal romhack) |OT| Get your kicks at Route 68+1

Breads

Banned
Oh god damnit I forgot Snowrunt had to be female to evolve into Froslass.

Thank you for pointing out the Debug patch btw FSLink. I nipped a few items ( amulet coin, lucky egg, and exp share) which should make the game go much more smoothly without feeling like I excessively cheated. Being in the average 40+ range I feel like it's kind of late to have these items in a Pokemon game.

Another new bugfix patch added to the OP. Fixes some moveset errors and now all three of the Battle Tower Tycoons should be fightable. These seem to be coming pretty frequently at the moment, so just check the OP occasionally.

flowsnake

Why do Weepinbells keep learning Flash Fire after I hit them with a fire attack?

Is that a bug?

Actually, it seems to be whenever anything uses Sludge, because an Ivysaur just did it.

Phil Fish

Banned
I get Nintendo throwing C&D's at fanmade projects, but romhacks? I mean fuck, seriously? And why target Pokemon Prism specifically? Why not just head on over to romhacking and sweep off every single romhack created on each Nintendo platform?

I get Nintendo throwing C&D's at fanmade projects, but romhacks? I mean fuck, seriously? And why target Pokemon Prism specifically? Why not just head on over to romhacking and sweep off every single romhack created on each Nintendo platform?

How many rom hacks get over 1 million views on youtube and major twitch promotion air time?

Nintendo's policy on fanworks has clearly gotten more aggressive this year and now they go after anything that reaches a certain level of attention.

Although, given the way the C&D letter read, it doesn't seem like they differentiate between fangames built from the ground up and patches.

I'm glad that I was at least able to play this, even if some things that were planned down the road are now permanently cut off.

KNT-Zero

Guys! I'm stuck in the haunted mansion...

I got all the bedroom keys, did the Gengar dream thing, then There's an old lady blocking a set of stairs saying "The pokemon below are too strong for you, come back later". Any clues on what to do? Thanks!!

Irnbru

Guys! I'm stuck in the haunted mansion...

I got all the bedroom keys, did the Gengar dream thing, then There's an old lady blocking a set of stairs saying "The pokemon below are too strong for you, come back later". Any clues on what to do? Thanks!!

Go back to the gym :)

Breads

Banned
Beat 11 gyms so far and this is my team immediately after the last gym leader I faced.

usYERzk.png

They wiped me 3 times in a row. Froslass (Ice Beam, Shadowball, Spikes, Freezeburn) is doing a really good job keeping me going. I thought Gardevoir, with over 50 more SP. Atk (Psychic, Signal Beam, Draining Kiss, Moonblast), would have this honor but freeze status has clutched it for me quite a few times by now.

Moltress took Pidgeot's slot as my Flyer. Being a fire type with Boil, a 75 Atk fire move that is super effective against water (romhack!), I felt like Typhlosion was a bit unnecessary so I'm trying Libabeel for now. I did just find leftovers so right now I'm tempted to raising a Baton Pass/ Support Vaporeon since it's something I always try to do in Pokemon.

Beat 11 gyms so far and this is my team immediately after the last gym leader I faced.

They wiped me 3 times in a row. Froslass (Ice Beam, Shadowball, Spikes, Freezeburn) is doing a really good job keeping me going. I thought Gardevoir, with over 50 more SP. Atk (Psychic, Signal Beam, Draining Kiss, Moonblast), would have this honor but freeze status has clutched it for me quite a few times by now.

Moltress took Pidgeot's slot as my Flyer. Being a fire type with Boil, a 75 Atk fire move that is super effective against water (romhack!), I felt like Typhlosion was a bit unnecessary so I'm trying Libabeel for now. I did just find leftovers so right now I'm tempted to raising a Baton Pass/ Support Vaporeon since it's something I always try to do in Pokemon.

What's a Libabeel?

Fantastic game so far - I like how there are so many Pokemon available even early on, in terms of variety.

I got shocked when a Mareep paralyzed my Larvitar, though - that was weird.

Macka

Just faced off against my rival for the second time after getting the first badge. This is really awesome so far! I've missed the style of Crystal.

Ralts ♂ Lv. 10
Larvitar ♂ Lv. 13
Snorunt ♀ Lv. 14

Is there a list of where I can find all of the Pokemon available in the game, or has that not been done yet? Edit: Aaaand I just checked the OP. Lol.

Just beat the Gas gym leader and I guess I'm supposed to go the island that's by Heath Village.

Gas was an unnecessary type to make to me. Like Sou said most of its attacks fall under Poison and I never quite got its advantages or disadvantadges, but I do like Laughing Gas a lot, it's really useful.

I'd love to give this a try, but I generally avoid things with save-corrupting bugs until they get fixed.

Wait, can they even get fixed since this isn't supposed to be out?

I've been playing. Just finished the 7th gym and headed to the 8th.

I'm really enjoying my time with it, and I am surprised at the quality of this romhack since I've never really tried any of these hacks before.
I'm locked up and they won't let me out.

I'd love to give this a try, but I generally avoid things with save-corrupting bugs until they get fixed.

Wait, can they even get fixed since this isn't supposed to be out?
It's already been fixed. The patch is in the op.

Beat the Sound gym leader. This gym iterates to me that having a sound type would be silly given there are only two lines in the series that focus on sound. Most of the pokemon I fought in here were Electric types. She went down pretty easily.

So now I just made it out to Pholox town barely surviving the Ice Cave and Route 89. Since last time I dropped my Weezing in favor of having a Fly user in my party so I brought Vamp back and now he's a Crobat. There doesn't appear to be a gym at this town, so looks like I'll be heading into this next cave with the current party.

I still have a Sneasel and I've fought about three Weaviles so far. Is a Razor Claw available yet so I can finally evolve it?

nateify

Well, I beat the Rijon league after about 13.5 hours. Had an Azumarill that ploughed through Lance's team with the Fairy type moves that I was surprised at the beginning to see got added in from the newer games. Fun game!

53kqG4A.jpg

Well, I beat the Rijon league after about 13.5 hours. Had an Azumarill that ploughed through Lance's team with the Fairy type moves that I was surprised at the beginning to see got added in from the newer games. Fun game!

53kqG4A.jpg
I'm close to beating this too. I just got the eight badge. That gym was a neat twist.

Where the hell do I go after the 6th badge?

Is that the one by the water? If so you need to go back to the town where you went under disguise as a Power Ranger surf down the route on the left where you'll find some ruins.

flowsnake

Beat the Sound gym leader. This gym iterates to me that having a sound type would be silly given there are only two lines in the series that focus on sound. Most of the pokemon I fought in here were Electric types. She went down pretty easily.

So now I just made it out to Pholox town barely surviving the Ice Cave and Route 89. Since last time I dropped my Weezing in favor of having a Fly user in my party so I brought Vamp back and now he's a Crobat. There doesn't appear to be a gym at this town, so looks like I'll be heading into this next cave with the current party.

I still have a Sneasel and I've fought about three Weaviles so far. Is a Razor Claw available yet so I can finally evolve it?

I think wild Sneasels hold them. Good luck.

Finally beat this game. It was a long and semi tough journey, but I did it. I sort of feel like I cheated since I used a Max Revive against the champion, but I did start off with two injured Pokemon and he used a full restore so I think it was fair.

Here was my ending team:

Was pretty underleveled against everyone except for the Ice member. I think I'd normally take a break, but I don't really have anything else to play so I think I'll journey into the Raljo region now.

I liked how this game broke up the structure of Pokemon games and gave some non-rpg stuff to do like in other games.

Edit:
Why is there an NPC that looks like me? Is this a glitch?

Top Bottom