• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Poll: Is the PS5 ugly?

Is the PS5 ugly?

• yes, also my beer will slide off.

Votes: 608 57.3%
  • no, i want to get with them curves.

Votes: 454 42.7%

• Total voters

Vaelka

It looks overly complex imo, like they were trying to make it look '' sci fi ''.
We don't live in a sci fi movie tho, it doesn't look like it'll blend into your home unless you're super wealthy and live in some kind of a hyper stylized house with futuristic furnitures.

CAB_Life

Looks like an Alienware design that even those clowns decided was too garish. Truly hideous and I’ve no desire to see or create a space to suit it. Consoles are black and/ or small because they blend into your home—they’re not supposed to be some freakish object de art from which you inspire your surroundings.

I’ll get a black “thin” model, but not this.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
It looks like it has been created for children and teenagers

Last edited by a moderator:

June

Sand down those lip pertrusions along the top and reduce overall size by like 50% and it would much better. But yeah, as is it's kinda ugly

The PS5 looks more Xiaomi than Sony to me.
I´d have preferred a less noticeable design as this thing will stand out between the other electronic devices on my hifi-rack, but I`ll get used to it.

Last edited:

FeiRR

Banned
Why no "I don't care" option? As long as it plays games I want, whatever. I'm more against the fact that it's white because it'll be distracting so I'll probably paint those panels.

Boss Mog

Ugly, no, but too big, yes. Look how much bigger it is than the fat OG PS3. It better be the coolest/quietest console ever.

Vertically I think it's okay, but horizontally it's pretty ugly.
Especially the disc drive version.

But as many have said before the main thing is that it's quiet.

Well, at least it would look good standing next to this:

79cb24a6ee1995a9c52cda4485fcb3de-650-80.jpg.webp

Other than that, not so sure.

SirTerry-T

Gold Member
Definitely a Ten Pint Princess.
No idea what the intern at Sony's design house was trying to achieve with that design.
Nothing says "amateur hour" more than the fact it needs a stand to lie horizontal.

DJT123

Yes, it is. One of the few things I appreciated about PlayStation before was its looks (especially 2,3,4), until now.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
When they make a Pro model, I'd like it to look like this but it would obviously need to be a bit bigger. (Obviously change the controller in your head)

kZBYrNx.jpg

Basically that shape with a tempered glass top and very solid, high quality plastics or metals for the lower frame. Make it a more premium model for the hardcore. Could use water cooling.

GymWolf

I hate that black plastic stand that you need to keep the console in horizontal but other than that, it's not more ugly than vanilla ps3 or sex.

Dibils2k

aslong as its quiet i literally dont care what a console looks like

but this is very enormous and will have to make special adjustments just to fit it in lol

Orta

Banned
It's physically ugly, impractical and the colour makes it stick out like a sore thumb. The SX is boring as hell but at least you can just plonk it in a corner or beside a tv unit and it'll look as innocuous as a small subwoofer.

Hostile_18

Banned
I like it, its futuristic from something like Minority Report. It's a big change though from traditional console architecture and that will take a bit of time to get use to it. I also think it will look a lot better in the flesh.

X Box 360 was all white and people didn't really complain about it standing out too much.

Allandor

The black-edition would look so much better.
The black-white PS5 just looks ugly and really fat from the side. I really don't get how Sony could choose such a polarizing design.

tassletine

Far too big and looks like my router. Not exactly ugly but ugly in relation to the rest of the room when it's that size.

Remember folks, it's all about what's inside that counts. Also, I don't hate the look, it would look great at myself as it will blend well with my wall.

Grinchy

Banned
I noticed that in the NCC submission photos, there is no blue in the black grill area in the middle. So I guess that confirms that it's actually going to light that area up with a colored LED. So, theoretically, it'll be orange when in stanby mode like the PS4. Or, maybe, they will finally let users customize what color the light is? Either way, I think this thing is gonna look fucking sweet when it's turned on.

Jokerevo

Banned
I think once they start releasing custom blades everyone will completely forget how weird it looks. In fact we won't even have to wait for Sony, someone else will do it no doubt.

I think it's the best looking PlayStation ever - not that that's saying much, and not that I have any other positive things to say about it or its predecessors, but there you go.

Birdo

Banned
I actually think that we are to blame for this.

For years we have been crying "I'm so tired of featureless black slabs. What happened to design?"............... We did this :messenger_neutral:

Top Bottom