• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible huge pricing error at Gamestop.com | 2 Series S for the price of 1

Stuart360

This will be interesting to follow. Just curious if it was really a mistake because I don't think so.

We all know S stock is available do did GS order too many and have too much on hand? Did MS have to many and say hey GS on Thanksgiving i.want to do a two for one deal.

The reason I don't think it's a mistake is it went on for a while. Who even would program it in accidentally?

If it's a mistake though does GS honor it, I think so. Anyway I've never seen a deal like that in my life so congrats to anyone who got it.

lol was waiting for this chestnut, surprised it took to page 2 before someone said it. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Anyway i hope this goes through for yuo lot that have orders in. I'll be watching this with interest.

Gamerguy84

it is obviously a mistake as the discount applies says it's for a year of Gamepass for $9.99 with the purchase of an Xbox console. I would imagine it went on for a while because the people who would normally fix it were not working today due to the holiday. There's no way they're going to honor a $290 discount for a misapplied coupon. But I hope they do since I ordered it.
I hope it gets honored as well. It's awesome when customers win.

That's the thing though. I think it does get honored. It's like on the biggest shopping day of the year this deal gets put up. This one has me fascinated because you have to admit it's unprecedented and at least I've never seen it done before.

What's funny is it was done with series s. Let's just say stock were available for PS5 and series X, there is no way they honor that and claim it was a mistake.

GS is a huge Corp. People were tweeting at them and I'm sure they knew it was going on.

Last edited:

Gamerguy84

lol was waiting for this chestnut, surprised it took to page 2 before someone said it. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Anyway i hope this goes through for yuo lot that have orders in. I'll be watching this with interest.
I hope it gets honored as well as I stated in the post. This deal was pretty wild.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Still one "preparing for shipment" and one "order received". (the full price one is preparing for shipment)

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member
I actually did two orders. The one I did fast shipping on is the one they are shipping the $10 bundle. Everything else is preparing.

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member
99aI1Pk.jpg

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Hey that's the benefit of being an end consumer! Head office sets the price right 99% of the time. But if you can score during the times that made an error, thats good shit.

Business to business transactions dont work that way. Depending on how the systems talk to each other, an order wont even go through unless each company's pricing in their systems match.

And for orders that do go through, there are pricing error reports that someone analyzes and submits to the other company a correction.

ManaByte

Gold Member
No its still preparing. So idk whats going to happen yet.

Well preparing means it's being packed. To stop it, they'd have to cancel the order and go down to where it's being packed and tell those people to not finish it and not load it into a trailer. Once it gets to that stage it's probably going to ship, unless they really go out of their way to stop them from leaving the warehouse.

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member
Well preparing means it's being packed. To stop it, they'd have to cancel the order and go down to where it's being packed and tell those people to not finish it and not load it into a trailer. Once it gets to that stage it's probably going to ship, unless they really go out of their way to stop them from leaving the warehouse.
As long as I get the $10 one I don't really care. Lmao. And it is suppossed to be shipped. I can't see how they could change the price or anything.

PJX

Imagine buying someone the inferior product. If a so called friend bought me a series S over an X, we wouldn't be friends anymore. I'd also dump that shit in the bin, not even worth giving it away.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Imagine buying someone the inferior product. If a so called friend bought me a series S over an X, we wouldn't be friends anymore. I'd also dump that shit in the bin, not even worth giving it away.

You Ok GIF by SVU

Seriously, why would anyone throw a perfectly good XSS in the bin, give it to one of those church programs that helps the less fortunate at Xmas. Would bring hours of enjoyment to some family out there that could really use the distraction.

ManaByte

Gold Member

If mine ships my nephew is getting the Fortnite bundle for Christmas and my friend is getting the other. I already told him and he's thrilled. He doesn't have a 4K TV and a $299 next gen entry point doesn't scare him. He just wants to play SoT on a better system with a SSD.

shoplifter

I have a tracking number for the full price XSS, now just waiting to see the other one ship. Shipping weight lines up with a single console.

elliot5

I'm tempted to see if I actually get these and if I will be able to return one to make it easy for a cheap S. Might keep it for my office or maybe I'll keep it at my mom's house for when I visit

DaGwaphics

I'm tempted to see if I actually get these and if I will be able to return one to make it easy for a cheap S. Might keep it for my office or maybe I'll keep it at my mom's house for when I visit

You should be able to return the full price unit to a GS store ( https://re-turns.com/gamestop-return-policy/ ). Less chance of them noticing anything is unusual that way.

Would be an unbelievable way to purchase a $10 Xbox. Damn, and I thought I did good just by using $75 worth of MS rewards when I bought mine.

You should be able to return the full price unit to a GS store ( https://re-turns.com/gamestop-return-policy/ ). Less chance of them noticing anything is unusual that way.

Would be an unbelievable way to purchase a $10 Xbox. Damn, and I thought I did good just by using $75 worth of MS rewards when I bought mine.
Or just sell the console for retail price to someone else who wants it at Craigslist or Facebook marketplace.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
I think the inferior product is between your ears buddy. Console war all you want, but a $10 XSS is insanely awesome.

Anyone else refreshing their order page for no reason at all?
Yes lol

Top Bottom