• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PREMATURE EJACULA-TON: PS3 delayed until November 2006 in Japan?

cvxfreak

White Man said:
Can anyone give details on the PS1 on PSP thing? Is it just first gen PS1 games?

This I would like to know as well. Although I have REDS, Biohazard ftw!

And then other gen games would be nice, such as Silent Hill and the other Biohazards.

Juice

Haha, now I was right about two hard drive configurations. (Assuming it isn't subject to change.)

Good show, Sony. Even if you just lied about absolutely everything, you probably just killed 360 sales until your launch.

DeadTrees said:
I just felt a great disturbance in the Force...as if ten thousand Sony engineers cried out all at once KEN YOU FUCKING FUCK WE'LL HAVE TO WORK 100 HOURS A WEEK FOR THE NEXT SIX MONTHS TO GET EVEN HALF THE SHIT YOU PROMISED READY O FUCKING CHRIST KILL ME MY LIFE IS RUINED
:lol :lol

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
gofreak said:
I'm not sure how many people expected it before Nov in the US, let alone Europe. Certainly after yesterday's "news".

I think $449 minus the HDD is quite probable.

I really think you'd have to be special needs to think that ps3 would not launch in 2006 in the US - times have changed and japan is no longer the primary market. if anything, i would see them launching in the US before japan. Most people were figuring on a spring/fall japan launch and a nov us launch. Basically, for once, a japanese game company demonstrated how critical the US market is compared the japanese.

if your european then this is probably good news for you, not OMFG 360 is doomed stuff.

449 minus hd seems correct to me as well, but we will see what happens.

So what was up with that 4th dimension comment? :lol

Looking foward to another fun November.

I don't care what any fanboy from either side says, I'm going to enjoy getting to play my 360 and PS3 together.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I'm still inclined to take Fishie's word on the HDD for some reason :lol The reporting around it is very confusing.

Kolgar

VALIS said:
Heh. Some of you are trying rrrrrreally hard tonight. Planned global launch in November. No games. No price. Minor HW details. Seemingly copying XBL's pricing structure but no details on the actual service = WORLD DOMINATION. GAME OVER. Ken could walk up to a podium, blow his nose, mumble something about his cat, and there'd be people here comparing that conference to Winston Churchill's famous WWII one. Some of you guys are priceless.

I want to get excited about something. But what? My eyes started getting wider when the letters "HD" started flying around, but there's no confirmation on a hard drive yet. Agh. What are you guys so happy about? There's no details here except a planned November launch from the company that was saying even last week that spring was on track. Even the backwards compatibility is vague. What will be upscanned? And to what resolution? Gimme something.

Look up. IGN is saying HDD comes standard.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/696/696056p1.html

Even if untrue, the whole world just got one step closer to PLAYSTATION 3!

mollipen

cvxfreak said:
And then other gen games would be nice, such as Silent Hill and the other Biohazards.

Even if every other thing said in this thread is a lie, if I can get Silent Hill running on my PSP, then I'll be perfectly content.

hyp

from what i read, online is going to be based on gamespy's service? bleh. my virtual boner is losing bandwidth.

Juice

XMonkey said:
IGN or Gamespot, which to trust....

Well, March 06 is the end of Sony's 2006 fiscal year, no?

If it is, then it makes sense their "1 million a month" number. 1 for november, december, january, february, and march.

If no more than 1 million units are allocated to a worldwide November launch, I'll be willing to bet a ban that at one point at least one PS3 has a bid higher than $10,000 placed on it.

cvxfreak

VALIS said:
Heh. Some of you are trying rrrrrreally hard tonight. Planned global launch in November. No games. No price. Minor HW details. Seemingly copying XBL's pricing structure but no details on the actual service = WORLD DOMINATION. GAME OVER. Ken could walk up to a podium, blow his nose, mumble something about his cat, and there'd be people here comparing that conference to Winston Churchill's famous WWII one. Some of you guys are priceless.

http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=86730

Maybe Chittagong will be back this time next year.

Honestly, who knows.

pilonv1

Jonnyram said:
Kutaragi's wording was deliberately vague, I think. He didn't say directly that it would be included but he said developers can count on it. Kind of a contradiction, I think. It's not mentioned at all in the official press release anyway.
http://www.playstation.jp/news/2006/pr_060315_ps3.html

So why does IGN say it's standard now? Of course they said it wasn't 30 minutes before, so they probably know as little as they usually do.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
GashPrex said:
Its like they pull some jedi mind trick on some of you
You mean this one?

COME ON, SONY, SAY SOMETHING AND CONFIRM THE DELAY

<Sony says several things and confirms delay>

THAT'S IT?!? WE KNEW ALL THAT ALREADY

That's actually a Sith Lord, operating from the shadows

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
kaching said:
You mean this one?

COME ON, SONY, SAY SOMETHING AND CONFIRM THE DELAY

<Sony says several things and confirms delay>

THAT'S IT?!? WE KNEW ALL THAT ALREADY

That's actually a Sith Lord, operating from the shadows
but the funny part is people being super pumped about this delay.

online service = confirmed
2006 launch = confirmed
100% bc = confirmed

just about everything that naysayers used to downplay the PS3 has been debunked.
Only thing left are the games. Which knowng Sony, the E3 showing will be the final nail in the coffin.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Awesome demonstration of Sony's savoir faire. They'll sell their 6 million PS3 at launch within 3 weeks. As I predicted, Sony embracing online gaming will make xBox live a mere commodity and not a key factor of success anymore. Blue Ray/Linux/best developper support/PSP connectivity/Playstation brand... makes Microsoft dream fall apart. The PS3 is not even out and it's sooo easy to already figure x360 will not compete with PS3 numbers. The Dreamcast analogy was true, Sony's hype is invincible. I'm glad Nintendo took a totally different route and did not go in frontal with Sony this time.

Linux for the win BTW, it won't be stressed enough.

PS3 & Revolution combo for the win. I should start saving money NOW!

Odysseus

Banned
bonkbonk said:
fracture the userbase, yeah right.

Best to fracture it now since there's not much to fracture. I wonder how many Core owners are sitting there without a HDD (or the intent to buy one) anyway. Not that they'll do it, but I suggest that they do and get it over with.

cvxfreak

Count Chocula said:
online service = confirmed
2006 launch = confirmed
100% bc = confirmed

just about everything that naysayers used to downplay the PS3 has been debunked.
Only thing left are the games. Which knowng Sony, the E3 showing will be the final nail in the coffin.

Again, I'll believe it when I see it.

hyp said:
from what i read, online is going to be based on gamespy's service? bleh. my virtual boner is losing bandwidth.
WTF? Are you serious? That's pretty lame if true. Maybe it's my connection or something, but I very much dislike Gamespy's stability in service. Where is this info at?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
GashPrex said:
I think the ones that are super pumped are the ones in regions where they probably didn't expect to get it in the Spring anyway.

And there's a lot of funny in this thread.

Amir0x said:
It is FAR time to drop the price on this shit. This says to me they're continuing to keep it at this price just to offset the losses that are gonna come from PS3 launch. Terrible move, as PS2 at 129.99 or 99.99 would have been a huge weapon to combat Revolution, 360, etc...
I thought you were one of the fans of up-front losses on hardware? This is just the necessary evening things out by screwing the late adopters.

golem said:
ign
Sony today announced that not only is the PlayStation 3 to be 100% backwards compatible, but all legacy titles played on the system will be displayed at high-definition resolutions. The Xbox 360 currently does the same thing and the result on that end is much sharper image quality for older games.
Bah. If the old games are really played in high resolution that would be super. But if they're comparing it to Xbox 360's taking of a standard resolution image and just upscaling it, that's nothing.

Nightbringer said:
If the PSP EyeToy works like how I imagine that works the DS Touch Screen is doomed.
It works like... a camera? EyeToy is cool and all, but it's completely different.

Kolgar

When Sony says first-gen PSone emulator, don't they simply mean it's version 1.00 of the emulator? I find it hard to believe there's a cutoff in the software that recognizes a "second-gen" PSone game and says, NO CAN DO!

Juice

marc^o^ said:
Awesome demonstration of Sony's savoir faire. They'll sell their 6 million PS3 at launch within 3 weeks. As I predicted, Sony embracing online gaming will make xBox live a mere commodity and not a key factor of success anymore. Blue Ray/Linux/best developper support/PSP connectivity/Playstation brand... makes Microsoft dream fall apart. The PS3 is not even out and it's sooo easy to already figure x360 will not compete with PS3 numbers. The Dreamcast analogy was true, Sony's hype is invincible. I'm glad Nintendo took a totally different route and did not go in frontal with Sony this time.

You good sir, are a true patriot. (Though I think claiming that they've "embraced" online gaming in the same sense MS has might be a bit premature.)

REVSHOT.gif

PREMATURE EJACULA-TON!

hyp

marc^o^ said:

:lol someone wake me up in november.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
Juice said:
Well, March 06 is the end of Sony's 2006 fiscal year, no?

If it is, then it makes sense their "1 million a month" number. 1 for november, december, january, february, and march.

If no more than 1 million units are allocated to a worldwide November launch, I'll be willing to bet a ban that at one point at least one PS3 has a bid higher than $10,000 placed on it.

I'd like to think that way, but only 1-2 million for a global launch in 3 territories is nothing. If they start production in June or July they should be able to hit 4-5 million in time for launch (assuming 1mil a month like they said) and then hit 6 million by the end of the year. Either way could work I suppose, but I don't like a "6 million by end of fiscal year" scenario.

Sony could have only anounced the weight of PS3 and GAF would blow a load. I think a lot of us are just pumped that we actually heard some news FROM SONY.

Oh well, at least my tag can now be changed :)

Reilly

GashPrex said:

Well, it's only really delayed in Japan. A fall 06 launch was what people were expecting and that is still happening.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
JoshuaJSlone said:
Bah. If the old games are really played in high resolution that would be super. But if they're comparing it to Xbox 360's taking of a standard resolution image and just upscaling it, that's nothing.

Yeah, I'm wondering what more they can do. They could provide some 'filters' but their effectiveness might be a matter of taste. We'll see!

Beezy

I fall asleep for 3 hours and this thread grows by 13 pages. As I'm browsing through those pages, it grows another 2 pages! I thought Nintedo fans were bad. You guys are fucking crazy. It was all worth it though thanks to these posts:

shuri said:

Mike G.E.D. said:
Live feed from the "Official Gaming-Age Forum ServerLoad Cam™":

ohfuckcar0xd.jpg

Stench said:

Chittagong said:

eeyore the donkey said:

Danydrunk said:

the androgyne said:
On a more hyperbole note - IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG BITCHES
NOVEMBER.jpg

junkwaffle said:

Gaia Theory said:
REVSHOT.gif

PREMATURE EJACULA-TON!

P.S: I guess Ninja Scooter won't do my homework now. :(

Jonnyram

Count Chocula said:
Huh? What about the &#65509;&#65505;&#65284;?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Linux out of the box makes me want to touch myself in naughty places.

Juice

XMonkey said:
I'd like to think that way, but only 1-2 million for a global launch in 3 territories is nothing. If they start production in June or July they should be able to hit 4-5 million in time for launch (assuming 1mil a month like they said) and then hit 6 million by the end of the year. Either way could work I suppose, but I don't like a "6 million by end of fiscal year" scenario.

I realize Sony has already claimed they could start manufacturing final units last Tuesday, but to compare to the 360, it's now March--have they shipped 6 million worldwide yet?

hyp

MightyHedgehog said:
WTF? Are you serious? That's pretty lame if true. Maybe it's my connection or something, but I very much dislike Gamespy's stability in service. Where is this info at?

from the front page of GA:

* Worldwide Launch - November 11.
* Six million units produced in 2006 alone, a move to stem shortages.
* The price will not be less than 50,000 yen ($420 US)
* Full backwards compatibility, hi-res and texture filtering for all titles, akin to what the Xbox 360 does.
* 60GB HDD standard, loaded with Linux.
* Every PS3 game will be on a Blu Ray Disc, in an attempt to prevent piracy.
* The online service will be working off of GameSpy technology.

Top Bottom