• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone |OT| Reiji & Xiaomu VS The World

Bladenic

Haken/Kaguya are really good. Reiji and Xiaomu too, they have high attack. Kogoro and Mii don't see much action actually for me for some reason. Must be their range.

just started this game and so far im really really liking the music, got really excited when i seen little sprite Ryu fadc his srk into a metsu hadoken

LiK

up to Chapter 19. still super easy but at least it's still fun and addictive. the dialogue has its moments. man, dat Kos-Mos/T-elos super move......bouncy.

I just finished the game. My time is 52:43:44. The game is pretty fun, and I enjoyed using all the characters and the solo units. I'm thinking of playing it again, but later.

Gartooth

So is Juri the last unit that joins your party? I completely forgot about her until I played chapter 24 (& caught the Mario Kart reference). Also forgot about Ulala, but it's a nice surprise to remember "OH YEAH, they're in the game! This is so cool."
Yeah after you get her in chapter 26 there are no more units.

ohlawd

I should be able to finish on the weekend. I'm in the middle of chapter 34.... or 35, I forget which.

Juri freaking sucks. Worst solo unit ever.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah after you get her in chapter 26 there are no more units.
Ahh, okay. Finishing up chapter 25 & completely forgot Saya joins your team as well. Now I can finally have every character have a solo unit for now on. Now to just finish getting everyone's 5th move.

Loona

Devilotte just offered to replace Kaguya's boobs with rocket launchers. This is the greatest game ever made.

As an evil queen in training, it's only fitting that she'd try to sabotage others' advantages ASAP.

Why isn't Cyberbots in a Super Robot Wars yet?... This is clearly proof it needs to happen, and I'm yet to see her exchanges with the likes of Sanger.

Hopefully tomorrow I get my copy and the 3DS to play it on.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, was checkin' some reviews & GamesRadar, out of all the sites, gave it the lowest score so far (according to Metacritic), a 2/5. Seems kind of strange considering I recall them being one of the sites that was hoping this would get localized, plus their huge feature on every single character that was in it.

In any case, reviews are overall okay to good. 69 on Metacritic & most of the issues that I feel can turn people off (mainly how repetitive it can feel if you play it for long periods of time) are brought up. I just hope that sales met or surpassed Namco's expectations.

Im loving the game so far, but sanger should not be an assist unit its just a waste, him and ratsel and one of the other aggressors should be kickin ass and taking names as there own unit. or Sanger, Kyosuke and Excelen, id imagine the dialog between Excelen and Kaguya would be most interesting if it happened.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Im loving the game so far, but sanger should not be an assist unit its just a waste, him and ratsel and one of the other aggressors should be kickin ass and taking names as there own unit. or Sanger, Kyosuke and Excelen, id imagine the dialog between Excelen and Kaguya would be most interesting if it happened.

Yeah still kinda bummed we don't get the bromance of Ratsel and Sanger here.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I really hope that the hidden conversations between supports and pairs gets compiled somewhere. I feel like I'm missing so many good ones! :)

4 hours in, chapter 8 and I'm eating up every minute. Love the remixes so far.
Bahn and Vashryon came out of no where for me.
Glad I've gone in blind other than the demo.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Hahaha did you like how it just instantly tosses you into that screen like BAM GAME OVER. I was stuck most likely looking like this ---> O.O for about a minute

lol, it's so abrupt. I got a game over when a pair died that needed to stay alive as part of the battle conditions that I had completely forgotten about. I had pretty much left them at a location as bait. I sat staring at the screen with the most confused look on my face.

Videoneon

Would've loved Vergil as a villain. Wesker and Sigma would've been nice, but I don't know if PXZ borrowing Chris and Jill from Revelations means anything. Sigma, because Sigma.

As for Sega, Yakuza would've been cool. A Sonic team, I have to admit, is essential.

Namco...Klonoa as an assist character at least! =( A Soul Calibur team would've been nice, but the question of who I can't answer.

Hahaha did you like how it just instantly tosses you into that screen like BAM GAME OVER. I was stuck most likely looking like this ---> O.O for about a minute

You guys are making me want to fuck up a mission and get a Game Over now, this sounds hilarious.

Wow, was checkin' some reviews & GamesRadar, out of all the sites, gave it the lowest score so far (according to Metacritic), a 2/5. Seems kind of strange considering I recall them being one of the sites that was hoping this would get localized, plus their huge feature on every single character that was in it.

In any case, reviews are overall okay to good. 69 on Metacritic & most of the issues that I feel can turn people off (mainly how repetitive it can feel if you play it for long periods of time) are brought up. I just hope that sales met or surpassed Namco's expectations.

Nice catch. Seems about what we'd expect, okay to good reviews. I even saw a MTV Games review of this that was pretty favorable. I'm normally pretty indifferent to sales, but I'll be watching for sales information of this title in particular since I love the idea of this crossover (and in consideration of the longshot odds of its localization in the first place/Harada asking for its localization.)

How crazy would it be if the international versions sold enough to warrant a sequel, which would come day and date with the JP ver?

I hope the game sells well, here and Japan.

Videoneon said:
Would've loved Vergil as a villain. Wesker and Sigma would've been nice, but I don't know if PXZ borrowing Chris and Jill from Revelations means anything. Sigma, because Sigma.

I had the same thought of wanting Vergil and Sigma in this game as villains.

AnkiRendan said:
Needs Date Masamune and Sanada Yukimura, as well as Kiryu and Majima. :(

That would be awesome.

lol, it's so abrupt. I got a game over when a pair died that needed to stay alive as part of the battle conditions that I had completely forgotten about. I had pretty much left them at a location as bait. I sat staring at the screen with the most confused look on my face.

Yay I'm not the only one that's done this! When I got my first game over for forgetting the win conditions I stared at the screen and wondered if it was some kind of joke. Do I get a do-over turn? Is there a checkpoint when more enemies/bosses spawn? Oh I gotta go through all those bad guys again. Fuck.

Noi

Yay I'm not the only one that's done this! When I got my first game over for forgetting the win conditions I stared at the screen and wondered if it was some kind of joke. Do I get a do-over turn? Is there a checkpoint when more enemies/bosses spawn? Oh I gotta go through all those bad guys again. Fuck.

I had this happen to be today, and losing a whole hour of progress because I chose to just defend instead of doing full defense made me quite playing for the day. They should at least warn you if the incoming attack would do enough damage to kill you (or just show how much damage attacks do period instead of leaving it as vague-ass C-A ranks).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Only got a game over once because I didn't notice the requirements was keeping a pair alive & I completely forgot about healing items, but it was early in the game (chapter 5-ish, I think). After that, never got a game over again.

Top Bottom