• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone |OT| Reiji & Xiaomu VS The World

Gartooth

I'm on chapter 27 right now and it feels awesome to have finally gotten the completed party. Hope things don't slow down now that there are no more additions.

So far I'm doing real good on the character recognition front! The Gods Eaters,Tales of ?, and Resonance of Fate ones are all new to me.

The game which has Yuri, Estelle, and Flynn in it is called "Tales of Vesperia". It's personally one of my favorite JRPGs from this generation and is well beloved by the Tales series community. I definitely recommend looking into trying the game for yourself, it's available internationally on Xbox 360 (there is a demo too but don't really bother as it is ass and leaves a negative impression) or if you are so fortunate to live in Japan or be able to speak Japanese, the game was also available on PS3 in that region only and has exclusive content to it.

Young Magus

I'm 20+ hours in the game and not getting tired of it one bit.
Quick questions: Who do you pair? What is the funniest team dialogue?
Who else gets sad every time they see the name of VC 3 team's special? ;-;

Noi

Is it just me or does Alisa have no dialog with KOS-MOS/T-elos?

I've gotten exactly one line with them.
T-elos tells KOS-MOS that uniting with her is her destiny or some such, KOS-MOS says that she can't do that, then Alisa offers T-elos her head to do so.

Young Magus

I've gotten exactly one line with them.
T-elos tells KOS-MOS that uniting with her is her destiny or some such, KOS-MOS says that she can't do that, then Alisa offers T-elos her head to do so.
She also gets lines from
x and zero

Loona

"Detestable Golden Sunny Demon" Did I mention yet how great the chapter titles are?

This makes me think of Pyron from Darkstalkers, yet he's not supposed to be in the game...

When the heck did Bahn and Batsu become acquainted??

They both fit the japanese archtype of highschool delinquents, I guess some dominance assertion dynamics would come up between them...

Just having met before is all that matters! Clearly no words were needed since they spoke with their fists! Now what I dun get is this "8 stars" and "train to be a tiger" stuff Akira's rambling on about despite having played all the VFs! I've never seen the VF anime but could it be references to that o.o?

The "8" bit is probably a reference to his fighting style, that seems consistent with kung fu styles as represented in VF and other games:
http://virtuafighter.wikia.com/wiki/Bajiquan
http://kofaniv.snkplaymore.co.jp/english/character/index.php?num=gato
Since there's not a whole lot of character and story development in the VF games proper, Akira's bound to stick to talking about his aspirations and fighting style. I'm still curious to see PXZ handle more of the VF lore than VF itself does, despite lacking characters more connected to it like the Bryants and Kage...

Bladenic

Dante and Demitri, Yuri and Estelle, Ichigo and Sakura (except their lame special), Frank and Hsien-Ko... And more. I like a lot of them haha.

TWILT

Banned
Dante/Demitri > Zero/X > Leanne/Zephyr > Yuri/Estelle > Chun-Li/Morrigan > Kurt/Riela > Gemini/Erica > Haken/Kaguya > Frank West/Hsien-Ko > The rest

I actually really like everyone though. The only ones I find kind of boring are Akira/Pai and Soma/Alisa.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
haha the more I play this the more I wish Arc Sys was involved a bit too, I want to see some BB or GG characters in a game like this XD

BlackJace

Fav Units:

1. Dante & Dimitri
2. Ryu & Ken
3. Jin & That girl's name I'm always forgetting

Also, Ulala's theme is godlike. So funky.

Young Magus

I'm really liking the R.O.F crew actually. That along side X and Zero and Endless Fronter team.

It's there any team that Vashern DOSEN'T work with when it comes to funny dialogue?

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
My faves:
KOS-MOS/T-elos
Chun-Li/Morgan
Kite/BlackRose
X/Zero
Kurt/Riela
Soma/Alisa
Gemini/Erica
Ichiro/Sakura

Holy shit I am in love with this game. I have been so burned out with gaming lately nothing has been motivating me to play but since I started playing this I'm hooked. The gameplay is amazing I don't care if it gets repetitive because it's so much fun. The story is batshit insane I am not really following whats going on but I love the dialogue between the characters. Best thing about the game though is the gorgeous sprite work which warrants the purchase of the game. Anyone on the fence with this game buy it, you won't regret it.

Some quick questions though, If you die or fail a mission do you get to keep your experience and items, also when completing levels is it better to wipe out all the minions and then go for the boss or just go straight for the boss when you get an opening? because if you don't gain enough experience by killing all minions how can you grind later on in the game?

LuuKyK

Yeah, after reaching the point that you dont unlock any new characters anymore it does kind of gets really repetitive because only unlocking new attacks here and there is not as fun. Another annoying thing is the fact that after every time you defeat the bosses your characters ask whats the purpose of all this, and the answer is always SOON or something along thos lines. lol

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Typo alert!
"Cats Blades / ATK+10 / Duel swords used by a member of the Beast race."
Dual!!

Haken & Kaguya took out all the Stehoneys for me! Range+ & Sniping skills made 'em the only ones capable of getting to 'em each turn! Woulda been painful had I still been in the mindset that Y attacks couldn't be used after normals!

Am I doing the right thing by going after absolutely every out of the way treasure/item box on each field?

While it's not exactly a demo per se, God Eater Burst is actually free on PS Plus right now.
Aww but that costs moneys an demos are supposed ta be free... though ya did say its not a demo so ~_~

The game which has Yuri, Estelle, and Flynn in it is called "Tales of Vesperia". It's personally one of my favorite JRPGs from this generation and is well beloved by the Tales series community. I definitely recommend looking into trying the game for yourself, it's available internationally on Xbox 360 (there is a demo too but don't really bother as it is ass and leaves a negative impression) or if you are so fortunate to live in Japan or be able to speak Japanese, the game was also available on PS3 in that region only and has exclusive content to it.
I dun got a 360 so I guess thats just tough luck for me!

This makes me think of Pyron from Darkstalkers, yet he's not supposed to be in the game...
Δ Detestable Golden Sunny Demon is the name of the area where ya play "chase" with Stehoney in .hack//Infection but knowing this game it could be a dual meaning as some chapter titles have been!

They both fit the japanese archtype of highschool delinquents, I guess some dominance assertion dynamics would come up between them...
Bahn's dialouge makes him seem older not a highschool student. Always calling people kids an dissing videogames but apparently he's only 17 @_@

The "8" bit is probably a reference to his fighting style, that seems consistent with kung fu styles as represented in VF and other games:
That makes sense an so does this!

http://virtuafighter.wikia.com/wiki/Akira_Yuki#Virtua_Fighter_Anime
"After being sent away from his grandfather (he won lots of tournaments, but with this, he forgot what is true fighting about, though he couldn't see the eight stars anymore), he begins his journey, hoping to see again the eight stars."

Some quick questions though, If you die or fail a mission do you get to keep your experience and items
Nopes its game over back to the title screen! I know this from experience one to many times x.x

also when completing levels is it better to wipe out all the minions and then go for the boss or just go straight for the boss when you get an opening? because if you don't gain enough experience by killing all minions how can you grind later on in the game?
It depends on your situation if ya can handle all the baddies go for it. If your teams pretty beatup then prolly just focus on completing the mission!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Nah Batsu is fine. What I hate is when Juri does her SF4 super which always brings enemies regardless of their X lock. Normally I don't mind moves that do that because they tend to be minimal, but Juri's...

antibolo

Banned
Oh man I lolled so hard when I first saw the end of Devilotte's assist, where she does Jin's Bloodia Punch super from Marvel vs. Capcom, but gets caught up in it along with the enemy.

cj_iwakura

Oh man I lolled so hard when I first saw the end of Devilotte's assist, where she does Jin's Bloodia Punch super from Marvel vs. Capcom, but gets caught up in it along with the enemy.

Jin's from the same game as Devilotte, Cyberbots(never played it though).

Neki

The only person who pairs well with Juri is fullscreen attacks, so I went with Haken Browning & Kaguya Nanbu. Their left attack/right attack hit most of the screen so Juri's stupid solo assist doesn't drop.

But my problem with the game is that it's just way too easy. Like during all my playtime so far I've never even been remotely feeling any danger of losing. Does it get harder later or am I just to accept that this is simply a game you're just supposed to plow through without worrying too much about being challenged in any meaningful way?
No it doesn't get any harder, but later stages do end up taking 2+ hours which mostly consist of moving forward and playing the fighting mini-game over and over and over.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I always thought it was a reference on how Japan does art different over the ages, what with highschoolers looking like adults in early 90's/late 80's.

GeekyDad

Kinda wish they had camped the story up a whole lot more. It's plenty ridiculous, but it still tries to let each character cling to some semblance of the seriousness of their respective stories. They should have just thrown everything into the wonder blender and gone completely nuts. I find myself just skipping all of the text at this point. It's not even entertaining in a fan service/comedic way anymore. I think that also has to do with spreading all of that dialogue too thin, attempting to give every single character a little time to shine. They could have easily squeezed a line here and there in from each character and just chose one or two characters from each publisher to be the main mouthpieces throughout the game. As it is, it feels too diluted.

antibolo

Banned
Jin's from the same game as Devilotte, Cyberbots(never played it though).

Well, yes I knew that, that's what makes it so great.

And Cyberbots is pretty cool. Dates back from that CPS1/CPS2 golden era of 90's Capcom experimenting with multiple fighting game franchise ideas, each with gorgeous 2D graphics instead of the formulaic cheap 3D crap they're doing now.

RangerBAD

I always thought it was a reference on how Japan does art different over the ages, what with highschoolers looking like adults in early 90's/late 80's.

More that he's a bancho and that whole disrespect to authority and "my way" attitude of yankees in the 80s. Go read any manga about yankees from the 80s and they're all like that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So is Juri the last unit that joins your party? I completely forgot about her until I played chapter 24 (& caught the Mario Kart reference). Also forgot about Ulala, but it's a nice surprise to remember "OH YEAH, they're in the game! This is so cool."

Top Bottom